News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Neil Patrick Harris

SharpCookies
#50re: Neil Patrick Harris
Posted: 6/9/09 at 3:20pm

Fantastic, fantastic, fantastic, FANTASIC.

God, I love NPH. The only thing is there wasn't enough of him... and sometimes he seemed a bit bored (but maybe that's just me). But whenever he used his awesome humour I was happy. And the closing song was epic beyond belief.

NPH, get your butt back on Broadway. NOW.

TimesSquareRegular Profile Photo
TimesSquareRegular
#51re: Neil Patrick Harris
Posted: 6/9/09 at 3:28pm

"Neil Patrick Harris reminds me a lot of Ryan Seacrest."

Huh? Ryan has no discernable talent, and can't even seem to find the closet door.

2016 These Paper Bullets (1/02) Our Mother's Brief Affair (1/06), Dragon Boat Racing (1/08), Howard - reading (1/28), Shear Madness (2/10), Fun Home (2/17), Women Without Men (2/18), Trip Of Love (2/21), The First Gentleman -reading (2/22), Southern Comfort (2/23), The Robber Bridegroom (2/24), She Loves Me (3/11), Shuffle Along (4/12), Shear Madness (4/14), Dear Evan Hansen (4/16), American Psycho (4/23), Tuck Everlasting (5/10), Indian Summer (5/15), Peer Gynt (5/18), Broadway's Rising Stars (7/11), Trip of Love (7/27), CATS (7/31), The Layover (8/17), An Act Of God (8/31), The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time (8/24), Heisenberg (10/12), Fiddler On The Roof (11/02), Othello (11/23), Dear Evan Hansen (11/26), Les Liaisons Dangereuses (12/21) 2017 In Transit (2/01), Groundhog Day (4/04), Ring Twice For Miranda (4/07), Church And State (4/10), The Lucky One (4/19), Ernest Shackleton Loves Me (5/16), Building The Wall (5/19), Indecent (6/01), Six Degrees of Separation (6/09), Marvin's Room (6/28), A Doll's House Pt 2 (7/25) Curvy Widow (8/01)

fgreene1938 Profile Photo
fgreene1938
#52re: Neil Patrick Harris
Posted: 6/9/09 at 4:07pm

I've never been a fan of NPH, but that last number was a gutbuster. There's an article in the NY Times about how that number came together (different lyrics were written depending on the outcome) but Harris was the force behind doing it in the first place. Shaiman and Whittman wrote very clever lyrics and Harris really sold it. Funniest line: when Angela Lansbury "hooked up with 'Poison' backstage." Hilarious.

esparza 333
#53re: Neil Patrick Harris
Posted: 6/9/09 at 8:38pm

Phenomenal host. I have such tremendous respect for him. He is hilarious, versatile and has charisma and presence that is so rare. With this, Prop 8 the musical , HIMYM, Dr. Horrible, and his incredible SNL hosting Neil is easily becoming one of the most in demand performers. I hope to see him hosts the Emmys. They are on CBS this year and networks mostly select their own personalities. Even his nominee announcements with Kristin last year was phenomenal. It would be a huge way up from the horrendous reality hosts job last year (I think Ryan Seacrest's delivery on Idol is excellent but man he can not to award show hosting)

Current Avatar:The sensational Aaron Tveit in the soon to be hit production of Catch Me If You Can.

chiuptown
#54re: Neil Patrick Harris
Posted: 6/10/09 at 6:42pm

i would love if he read all of this phenomenal well deserved support. i loved him too and hope he does it next year.

Dollypop
#55re: Neil Patrick Harris
Posted: 6/10/09 at 7:43pm

Speaking of Ryan Seacrest:

Could someone please translate Jamie Oliver's latest tweet on Twitter?

"jamie_oliver: Just out for dinner with ryan seacrest he's v funny top boy"

I know Jamie's straight. What the hell does he mean?

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#56re: Neil Patrick Harris
Posted: 6/10/09 at 8:17pm

^If he's on an iPhone the keyboard may have automatically made it "top boy" but he meant to type something else. Though, I have no clue what it could have been...

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#57re: Neil Patrick Harris
Posted: 6/10/09 at 10:23pm

Yeah, there's no way Seacrest is a top.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

I<3bway Profile Photo
I<3bway
#58re: Neil Patrick Harris
Posted: 6/11/09 at 12:53am

Are the Emmys, Golden Globes, Academy Awards, next year's Tony's up for grabs?

I thought Neil Patrick Harris did such a wonderful job hosting. He definitely got a lot of laughs out of me.

And there is no way that you can compare Neil Patrick Harris and Ryan Seacrest.

Ryan Seacrest makes me want to kick the back of my head. But I can't, so I get migraines instead.

TalkinLoud Profile Photo
TalkinLoud
#59re: Neil Patrick Harris
Posted: 6/11/09 at 5:02pm

fgreene1938, do you have a link to that article?

bwaybabe2
#60re: Neil Patrick Harris
Posted: 6/12/09 at 3:49am

Agree with the good job accolades.
When he delivered that line about "Let's start the Constantine Maroulis jokes"...NOT cool. Actually, considering Constantine's academic background and already experience in musical theater (he's not just an AI finalist, and NPH should know that by now), the line fell into the realm of ignorance, IMO.

I actually would love to see Tom Cavanaugh have a try at this...he can be really hilarious, but at the same time intelligent with his remarks.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#61re: Neil Patrick Harris
Posted: 6/12/09 at 4:13am

There was no way that constantine line was pre approved by the "actor" himself. That reaction was a prepared one.

But there was nothing "ignorant" or "not cool" about his remarks...no more biting than insinuating a hook up with poisin or that Jessica Lange "did him". It's his style.

And I think Tom Cavenaugh was the host of SOME award show because there are memories lurking about....and they are good ones. Couldn't tell you what show or when....but I'm sure someone else could.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Videos