News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

The View Today

luvtheatre11
#1The View Today
Posted: 3/21/07 at 6:36am

Hi..Today on the View, it's Rosie's birthday and they are having the casts of at least 3 Broadway shows do numbers from their shows. Announced so far, A Chorus Line, Les Miserables, and The Color Purple!

skingdom
#2re: The View Today
Posted: 3/21/07 at 6:50am

these are the moments i wish i were in the u.s.

skingdom out.

JRybka Profile Photo
JRybka
#2re: The View Today
Posted: 3/21/07 at 7:09am

YEAH!
I love that they are doing the COLOR PURPLE.

I kind-a wish they would bring Fantasia in to do I'm Here.

"Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around."

danhattan
#3re: The View Today
Posted: 3/21/07 at 8:51am

Thank you for the reminder!

defyingravity11 Profile Photo
defyingravity11
#4re: The View Today
Posted: 3/21/07 at 8:55am

Oh man! I have class re: The View Today I really hope someone records it!

"In theater, the process of it is the experience. Everyone goes through the process, and everyone has the experience together. It doesn't last - only in people's memories and in their hearts. That's the beauty and sadness of it. But that's life - beauty and the sadness. And that is why theater is life." - Sherie Rene Scott

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#5re: The View Today
Posted: 3/21/07 at 11:10am

Here we go, LES MIS is coming up first!

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

colleen_lee
#6re: The View Today
Posted: 3/21/07 at 11:27am

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

I timed it perfectly!!!!

"You just can't win. Ever. Look at the bright side, at least you are not stuck in First Wives Club: The Musical. That would really suck. " --Sueleen Gay

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#7re: The View Today
Posted: 3/21/07 at 11:29am

I wanted Lea to have a little solo. Damn it!
Alex is great. He really stood out when I saw the show.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-
Updated On: 3/21/07 at 11:29 AM

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#8re: The View Today
Posted: 3/21/07 at 11:33am

Does Alex usually sit?
(just kiddin' ya musc)

sweetestsiren Profile Photo
sweetestsiren
#9re: The View Today
Posted: 3/21/07 at 11:33am

It's times like this that I really love Rosie. Her enthusiasm is just contagious!

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#10re: The View Today
Posted: 3/21/07 at 11:34am

Rosie said "PAUL Giamatti" instead of "Alex" LOL!!

Great performance. This entire show is basically a commercial to get people to go see a Broadway show. God bless Rosie.

WHERE was this performed? The stage of THE VIEW isn't THAT large!

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

TheActr97J Profile Photo
TheActr97J
#11re: The View Today
Posted: 3/21/07 at 11:36am

Rosie is a saint for supporting Broadway the way she does. Alex was fantastic and the cast sound rich and full. I wish Norm Lewis could have sung something though.

"I seem to have wandered into the BRAIN load-out thread... "
-best12bars

"Sorry I am a Theatre major not a English Major"
-skibumb5290

muscle23ftl
#12re: The View Today
Posted: 3/21/07 at 11:38am

Oh, the other day it was even funnier that Rosie called Kimberly Locke, "Kimberly Clark"!
Well, they used to advertise Kimberly Clark.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-
Updated On: 3/21/07 at 11:38 AM

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#13re: The View Today
Posted: 3/21/07 at 11:38am

ah, The Lesbian duet....

soapguy17 Profile Photo
soapguy17
#14re: The View Today
Posted: 3/21/07 at 11:39am

Yes! She's back for one performance. Love that woman!

I have NEVER met Cheyenne Jackson. I have never hung out with him in his dressing room, he did not tweet me, he never bought me a beverage, and he mostly certainly didn't tickle me. . .that is all.

TheActr97J Profile Photo
TheActr97J
#15re: The View Today

LACHANZE!!!!

re: The View Todayre: The View Todayre: The View Today

-best12bars

-skibumb5290

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#16re: The View Today

It's GORGEOUS!! LaChanze was brilliant in the role and I'm glad America gets to see her rendition once more before the publicity and promos begin for Fantasia.

--Aristotle

muscle23ftl
#17re: The View Today
Posted: 3/21/07 at 11:40am

LOL, I loved The Color Purple-the movie- and I think its a masterpiece, the musical...not so much.

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#18re: The View Today
Posted: 3/21/07 at 11:42am

I would KILL to be in the audience today. So far, tickets to LES MIS and CP and I'm sure ACL, too. AAAAAND a pair of crocs!!

--Aristotle

sweetestsiren Profile Photo
sweetestsiren
#19re: The View Today
Posted: 3/21/07 at 11:43am

TWO pairs of crocs, I think.

TheActr97J Profile Photo
TheActr97J
#20re: The View Today
Posted: 3/21/07 at 11:45am

I'm just thrilled that LaChanze came back! That was beautiful.

-best12bars

-skibumb5290

TheatreDiva612 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva612
#21re: The View Today
Posted: 3/21/07 at 11:50am

oops! one girl did an extra kick... then rosie ran over and hugged her first. ooopppss!!!!

muscle23ftl
#22re: The View Today
Posted: 3/21/07 at 11:51am

A Chorus Line, that show I'd see again.

soapguy17 Profile Photo
soapguy17
#23re: The View Today
Posted: 3/21/07 at 11:51am

Capn, I know!! How much is ABC shoving out today!

I have NEVER met Cheyenne Jackson. I have never hung out with him in his dressing room, he did not tweet me, he never bought me a beverage, and he mostly certainly didn't tickle me. . .that is all.

sfs1414
#24re: The View Today
Posted: 3/21/07 at 11:52am

Nice Lip-synching by A Chorus Line. Oh well. At least there kicks looked nice....

Videos