News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

The View Today

#50re: The View Today
Posted: 3/21/07 at 8:07pm

To be fair prob a good chunk of the View audience are out of towners...

Thesbijean
#52re: The View Today
Posted: 3/21/07 at 8:25pm

Why did LaChanze perform? I thought she left the cast already?

Tchi4Lif188 Profile Photo
Tchi4Lif188
#53re: The View Today
Posted: 3/21/07 at 8:54pm

She made a special appearance just for Rosie

"Wishes come true, not free..."

rgaywrites Profile Photo
rgaywrites
#54re: The View Today
Posted: 3/21/07 at 9:04pm

I rarely watch The View because I teach when its on, but thanks to you fine people mentioning that there would be Broadway performances on today's show, I was able to record it.

I have to say it was quite enjoyable with great performances all around. I laughed when Charlotte did the extra kick and if you look at her face, she seemed to be cracking up. The Color Purple duet was a real standout for me. I'm not crazy about the soundtrack (haven't seen the show) but seeing the performance live really made What About Love more interesting.

Having said all that, Elisabeth's (Shug) dress was a worry.

theaterdude87 Profile Photo
theaterdude87
#55re: The View Today
Posted: 3/21/07 at 9:07pm

Yeah it was totally a hot mess.

But LaChanze never shows any age.

for fierce, fabulous and fun times visit eric mathew's world. http://ericmathew.blogspot.com/

itstheM Profile Photo
itstheM
#56re: The View Today
Posted: 3/21/07 at 9:12pm

Color Purple was an awesome performance. Does the Chorus Line cast ever really sing when they do TV perfs or is it always lip synched? I rewound the tape 3 times to watch Charlotte do an extra kick at the end of the dance. I could not stop laughing. And then I thought, what better way to draw attention to yourself on national television than to move when everyone else is standing still?

Baby, dream your dream Close your eyes and try it!

ashley0139
#57re: The View Today
Posted: 3/21/07 at 9:31pm

I love that someone in the public eye is so into Broadway, that it was her wish to have Broadway shows perform. It's great publicity!

I may have to make some of those clogs. re: The View Today

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife
Updated On: 3/21/07 at 09:31 PM

elphaba.scares.me Profile Photo
elphaba.scares.me
#59re: The View Today
Posted: 3/21/07 at 9:50pm

theaterdude, i'm pretty sure you already know this...maybe...but rosie did host the tonys. a few years ago. i think she did it more than once, in fact, but wouldn't swear to it.

she was also a producer? i think? anyone?

LouieLovesTheater Profile Photo
LouieLovesTheater
#59re: The View Today
Posted: 3/21/07 at 10:38pm

Was that Brandi Chavonne Massey sitting next to Vivi and Kelly? I know Rosie is a fan of hers after she performed on the cruise...just something I noticed.

theaterdude87
#60re: The View Today
Posted: 3/21/07 at 10:42pm

oh yeah she hosted 2 or 3 times. But they have had Hugh the past few years and no one last year. She always did a really good show. The opening number was also really good.

I think she deserves to host it. The only thing Hugh did was be in one Broadway show.

for fierce, fabulous and fun times visit eric mathew's world. http://ericmathew.blogspot.com/

erinrebecca
#61re: The View Today
Posted: 3/21/07 at 10:44pm

Rosie has hosted the Tonys at least twice, in the late 90's. She also has always supported, and promoted, Broadway. She often had Broadway performances on her talk show and always gave away tickets like The View did today. Not sure why some of you are so surprised! :)

theaterdude87
#62re: The View Today
Posted: 3/21/07 at 10:59pm

I don't think anyone seems suprised....

#63The View Today
Posted: 3/21/07 at 11:02pm

This is why I love Rosie and i'm happy she's on The View:

She brought Broadway back to TV!

theaterdude87
#64The View Today
Posted: 3/21/07 at 11:09pm

^ true 100%.

FindingNamo
#65The View Today
Posted: 3/21/07 at 11:57pm

I'm pretty sure it was the chick who plays Val who did the extra kick. I agree that ACL appeared not to be singing live. At most they were singing along with their own recording. Why, the revival cast of A Chorus Line is the Britney Spears of Broadway!

And also, why the hell was Curly Sue cast? What is the point in having somebody in the line who is even shorter than Connie Wong?

Finally, how funny/sad was it when Rosie praised Charlotte for finally "originating" a starring role in a Broadway musical?

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

rgaywrites Profile Photo
rgaywrites
#66The View Today
Posted: 3/22/07 at 12:06am

I did notice that comment about "originating" a role and I died a little inside, but then I thought maybe I was being too much of a snob for thinking her compliment was a bit... inaccurate.

ashley0139
#67The View Today
Posted: 3/22/07 at 12:19am

Did anyone else notice the Les Mis cast was behind the words being sung? Or that may have been just on my tape.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#66The View Today
Posted: 3/22/07 at 12:32am

What "TOY" did Rosie give that little boy?

theaterdude87
#67The View Today
Posted: 3/22/07 at 12:39am

It was a video game system they gave out at last weeks show. It was so kind and he was soo excited.

on the other hand vivi could have given a crap haha.

donna_darko_23
#68The View Today
Posted: 3/22/07 at 1:07am

I was super tired this morning and slept right though The View.

I couldn't find anything up on a certain website...I'm hoping stuff will show up eventually.

nyb418
#69The View Today
Posted: 3/22/07 at 9:57am

I did manage to get a nice dvd recording of The View in it's entirity yesterday. I know some folks missed it or their recordings didn;t come out, so let me know if you need a copy.It was alot of fun.

cridecar
#70The View Today
Posted: 3/24/07 at 1:58pm

I did not see “The View” last 21st so I was hoping I can catch upload of clip(s) in youtube. Saw Les mis but unfortunately, have been trying to find “The Color Puple” and “A Chorus Line” , can’t find any. I'm sorry, this is an edited message, and I have to remove the link in youtube as per guidelines of this board.

I’m an on and off flyer of this website and just got to read again my comment on LizzieCurry. As per my last, I wrote a remark on her “bitching”. She was not and I would like to apologize to you LC. Keep on writng your comments and views. Got to read some of these and as a matter of fact I enjoyed reading them.

Updated On: 3/24/07 at 01:58 PM

defyingravity11 Profile Photo
defyingravity11
#71The View Today
Posted: 3/24/07 at 2:20pm

^ Thank you so much!!

"In theater, the process of it is the experience. Everyone goes through the process, and everyone has the experience together. It doesn't last - only in people's memories and in their hearts. That's the beauty and sadness of it. But that's life - beauty and the sadness. And that is why theater is life." - Sherie Rene Scott

Videos