News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

The View Today

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#25re: The View Today
Posted: 3/21/07 at 11:52am

One of the actors did an extra "kick" LOL.

I hate it when these types of "showy" numbers are performed because it's so cliche of what Broadway is. In a sense, it's true, but it's one of the turn-offs for the uninformed musical haters. America got an eclectic taste today: an epic, a story, and a showy dance.

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

TheActr97J Profile Photo
TheActr97J
#26re: The View Today

One girl? You mean Charlotte D'Amboise? re: The View Today

"I seem to have wandered into the BRAIN load-out thread... "
-best12bars

"Sorry I am a Theatre major not a English Major"
-skibumb5290

GYPSY1527 Profile Photo
GYPSY1527
#27re: The View Today

Charlotte did the extra kick! I laughed out loud when i saw that! Everyone was fantastic from Les Miz, The Color Purple (LaChanze and Elisabeth!!!) and A Chorus Line!!!! Loved every minute! Thank you Rosie!

Happy...Everything! Kaye Thompson

morosco Profile Photo
morosco
#28re: The View Today

I was surprised the audience wasn't more enthusiastic during "ONE". Usually the number draws applause during the grapevine and the start of the final kicks. They stood at the end though. They looked great.

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#29re: The View Today
Posted: 3/21/07 at 11:54am

Yeah, I was surprised the enthusiasm wasn't there, applaudingly, during the last half of "One."

WAS that Charlotte? HAHA! THAT'S hilarious.

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

TheatreDiva612 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva612
#30re: The View Today
Posted: 3/21/07 at 11:54am

Yaaaaay, Broadway!!!!! Yaaaaaay, Rosie!!!

GYPSY1527 Profile Photo
GYPSY1527
#31re: The View Today
Posted: 3/21/07 at 11:55am

I'm almost positive. I was surprised also at the lack of enthusiam during the last part of One. I get so excited during the last portion of the song...guess the audience was broadway'd out.

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#32re: The View Today
Posted: 3/21/07 at 11:56am

You wouldn't hear them clapping if they did, cause the audio track was all you heard.
Great job of fitting ONE on that stage, they looked a little nervous dancing, but did just Fine.

Where were the suprises?

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#33re: The View Today
Posted: 3/21/07 at 11:58am

Vivi had the look on her face of "can we leave yet?" LOL

--Aristotle

GYPSY1527 Profile Photo
GYPSY1527
#34re: The View Today
Posted: 3/21/07 at 12:01pm

the surprises were that the audience members got tickets to see each of the shows. Lucky! I want free stuff!

Jyn326
#35re: The View Today
Posted: 3/21/07 at 12:02pm

I think the surprises were that the audience got tickets to all the shows.

I loved seeing all these shows. I wish they could showcase Broadway more often.

Vivi looked SO bored, it was funny!

morosco Profile Photo
morosco
#36re: The View Today
Posted: 3/21/07 at 12:37pm

Who is Vivi?

Allie
#37re: The View Today
Posted: 3/21/07 at 1:18pm

Vivi is Rosie and Kelli's daughter. She and Kelli were in the audience today.

antonijan Profile Photo
antonijan
#38re: The View Today
Posted: 3/21/07 at 2:39pm

That Color Purple duet was beautiful and makes me wanna see the show and buy the CD., and the program to add to my collection :p

DezBryner
#39re: The View Today
Posted: 3/21/07 at 2:45pm

UGH!! I've got to get home and see this show. My Tivo awaits!!

My Strongest Suit Profile Photo
My Strongest Suit
#40re: The View Today
Posted: 3/21/07 at 2:49pm

dang it! the view is on in the morning here. in my old town, it aired in the afternoon i thought. oye!

LET OTHERS RISE TO TAKE OUR PLACE UNTIL THE EARTH IS FREE!

Revolutionary Profile Photo
Revolutionary
#41re: The View Today
Posted: 3/21/07 at 2:52pm

It wasn't just Vivi. During the birthday cake thing a lot of the actors in the back looked pretty bored. They all had blank frozen smiles on their faces, lol.

Rosie called Alex 'Paul'. re: The View Today Waaaaaaaaaaaah!

theaterdude87 Profile Photo
theaterdude87
#42re: The View Today
Posted: 3/21/07 at 2:58pm

well after seeing that I think Rosie should host the Tony's. Honestly the woman is the #1 fan. Not only did she plug the shows on "The View" today but she just kept saying how you should come to NYC and see a show. Then she said she would put that hat up for BCEFA and that will raise a ton of money. I just think if nayone deserves to do it, it should be her.

Performaces: Les Miz I thought it was ver good, they seemed tired but good.
Color Purple: I have never seen the show, but I loved the song and they sounded great.
ACL: Well....it was "One" what is there to say. haha. Please do not tell me Charlotte did the extra quick.

3 tix to shows + 2 pairs of crocs and jibbets = how lucky?

for fierce, fabulous and fun times visit eric mathew's world. http://ericmathew.blogspot.com/

HughE2030 Profile Photo
HughE2030
#43re: The View Today
Posted: 3/21/07 at 3:31pm

I like how Rosie gave props to Charlotte D'Amboise and said that she deserved to finally headline an ORIGINAL show!

Confessions of a Paparazzi

www.ConfessionsofaPaparazzi.com

Becoz_i_knew_you21 Profile Photo
Becoz_i_knew_you21
#45re: The View Today
Posted: 3/21/07 at 7:11pm

I set this to tape and forgot about it. This thread just reminded me to go and watch it.

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#46re: The View Today
Posted: 3/21/07 at 7:28pm

The View today was amazing.

All those tickets to those shows.
I wish I'd been there.

I love Rosie!

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

Tchi4Lif188 Profile Photo
Tchi4Lif188
#47re: The View Today
Posted: 3/21/07 at 7:35pm

I must say I am very jealous of every audience member there today. Free tickets to 3 shows, and a decent amount of the tickets pobably won't even be used, at least not by the actualy audience members. Sigh...

"Wishes come true, not free..."

Becoz_i_knew_you21 Profile Photo
Becoz_i_knew_you21
#48re: The View Today
Posted: 3/21/07 at 7:46pm

Somebody should have told the camera guy during One that the number is meant to be seen from far away. There was an overload of close-ups but its TV and you can't change that. I can believe people got that many tickets! Most of those tickets won't be used because audience members probably don't even care about Broadway.

Raviolisun Profile Photo
Raviolisun
#49re: The View Today
Posted: 3/21/07 at 7:57pm

Most of those tickets won't be used because audience members probably don't even care about Broadway.

BLASPHEMY!!!

I'm not even sure if I used that word right.

One time, Patti LuPone punched me in the face...

It was awesome.
- theaterkid1015

#50re: The View Today
Posted: 3/21/07 at 8:07pm

To be fair prob a good chunk of the View audience are out of towners...

Videos