News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Your Ideal New York City Vacation: with REVIEWS (page 16!)- Page 15

Your Ideal New York City Vacation: with REVIEWS (page 16!)

bwaygal1 Profile Photo
bwaygal1
#350re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
Posted: 7/25/07 at 4:51pm

About your timing question-it depends if you're walking or taking the subway. Check the MTA website for a map. They're your friends. (also check for re-routing alerts due to track work, etc.)

"A birdcage I plan to hang. I'll get to that someday. A birdcage for a bird who flew away...Around the world." "Life is a cabaret old chum, only a cabaret old chum, and I love a cabaret!"-RIP Natasha Richardson-I was honored to have witnessed her performance as Sally Bowles.

americanboy99 Profile Photo
americanboy99
#351re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
Posted: 7/25/07 at 4:54pm

Yeah, I think I've decided to just go with the Radio City tour. It's easier to make reservations for that. I'll do so either later today or tomorrow.

americanboy99
americanboy99
#353re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
Posted: 7/25/07 at 4:57pm

I'll make my reservations for 3.

molly.
#354re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
Posted: 7/25/07 at 5:05pm

yeah, we had reservations because we were around 6-7 people, and we got a really nice booth, with 3 people there are tons of tables and booths on both levels :)
but if you really want to make sure you have a table and not wait long (depends on service that day), then i would make reservations re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
but its really worth going there because its fun and you have good entertainment re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D

ohyeah and spring awakening was a very good show i might add re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D

americanboy99
#355re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
Posted: 7/25/07 at 5:09pm

Okay. I might just call early that day before the show.

But it's pretty close to MARY POPPINS as well.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#356re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
Posted: 7/25/07 at 5:14pm

BICE is my favorite restaurant.

Just give the world Love.

molly.
#357re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
Posted: 7/25/07 at 5:19pm

yeahh that workss re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
i hope you have a great nyc vacation!
re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
i just went 2 weeks ago + saw spring awakening and beauty and the beast

oh if you guys are also in the mood for like a deli kinda lunch or dinner or whatever, go to the roxy dinner in times square for a quick meal, it was also a very good resturant, i went for a quick lunch there before beauty and the beast 2 weeks ago and i thought the food was very good re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D, it is kinda expensive, but im just giving suggestions :)

americanboy99
molly.
#359re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
Posted: 7/25/07 at 5:32pm

lol okayy :)
i hope ive been somewhat of a help :)
anyways have a good time on your trip!

americanboy99
antonijan Profile Photo
antonijan
#361re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
Posted: 7/25/07 at 10:49pm

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha aha ha ah aha ahahahahahaha ha ha aha hahahahahaha ahhhaaaaa ha haha hah ah ha ha ha ha ha ha!

I am glad Grey Gardens closes early!

that's KARMA!

Updated On: 7/25/07 at 10:49 PM

americanboy99
antonijan Profile Photo
antonijan
#363re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
Posted: 7/25/07 at 10:57pm

Life is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!!!!!

americanboy99
#364re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
Posted: 7/25/07 at 10:59pm

Umm.

Oh, you don't like me because of my signature?

I'm sorry, but it was just funny.

antonijan Profile Photo
antonijan
#365re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
Posted: 7/25/07 at 11:01pm

I hope you guys get lost and miss your shows!!!!! That would be really funny!!!
Updated On: 7/25/07 at 11:01 PM

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#366re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
Posted: 7/25/07 at 11:03pm

antonijan, don't you have a LizzieCurry complaint thread to start?

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

americanboy99
#367re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
Posted: 7/27/07 at 4:42pm

Okay. Well, I booked the Radio City Music Hall tour for 3 pm. YAY!

antonijan Profile Photo
antonijan
#368re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
Posted: 7/28/07 at 1:30pm

yeah...and the stalkers now know your every move!

americanboy99
#369re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
Posted: 8/6/07 at 5:38pm

Okay!

I'll be in New York tomorrow evening. It's so exciting.

I would like to give a HUGE "Thank you" to everyone who has given me such wonderful advice. I know we will have fun.

AND...

I promise to post thorough reviews here when I return.

americanboy99
#370re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
Posted: 8/13/07 at 6:55am

I'm back!

Reviews coming soon.

dramarama2 Profile Photo
dramarama2
#371re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
Posted: 8/13/07 at 7:25am

Sorry if you wrote this and I missed it, iI didn't read all of the thread. Did you see something instead of Grey Gardens?

A little known fact is that in the original screenplay, Pan's Labyrinth was Pan's FLAByrinth. Hmmmmmmm...glad they changed it.

americanboy99
#372re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
Posted: 8/13/07 at 6:28pm

I saw SPRING AWAKENING.

Okay. I will start with a little review of my Tuesday, which included a trip to Tavern on the Green.

First off, to ANYONE planning on going to Tavern on the Green while in New York: DON'T. The waitstaff was horribly rude. Our main waiter (we had about 5) never looked at us in the eyes. When he took our order, he was constantly looking off to the corner. Extremely rude. Also, no one ever explained how the courses work. We didn't know if we needed to order something off both course menus. We did. I got a wedge salad with bleu cheese for my first course. It was about $16 and not really worth the money. I also had Diet Coke to drink. I had three, each of which was about $4. I have never had a $16 Diet Coke in my life. I was never informed that refills were not inclusive. For my main course, I had sauteed scallops, which sounded delicious in the menu. However, they were absolutely disgusting. First of all, about two were burnt and I never even touched them. For the ones that were not burnt, they just tasted like sugar. It was horrible. In the middle, was a big glop of some corn and potato goop that was okay, but nothing stellar. I had to eat it all, however, because I knew my parents were paying big bucks, and I didn't want them to feel like I wasn't enjoying such an expensive meal. We didn't get desert. We had ice cream from a little shop on W 57th after walking around the park and Columbus Circe. It was very good.

We also had a little more time than expected before dinner. So, we walked around, scouting out our travels. We also stopped by St. Patrick's Cathedral, which I would HIGHLY reccomend. It was a beautiful religious experience. We did some shopping. It was a nice day, except for dinner.

Summary: Stay away from Tavern on the Green.

ThankstoPhantom
#373re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
Posted: 8/13/07 at 6:47pm

Thank you for the input on the restaurant. I've never had the desire to go, and definitely have reaffirmed that lack of desire.

St. Patrick's is BEAUTIFUL. I went to mass there years ago...that was an experience itself, never mind the architecture. I do not know how many people were in there, but it was crazy.

How to properly use its/it's: Its is the possessive. It's is the contraction for it is...

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#374re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
Posted: 8/13/07 at 7:12pm

Is this when we say "I told you so" about Tavern? :)

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

Videos