News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Your Ideal New York City Vacation: with REVIEWS (page 16!)- Page 14

Your Ideal New York City Vacation: with REVIEWS (page 16!)

americanboy99 Profile Photo
americanboy99
#325re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
Posted: 7/15/07 at 9:26pm

Well, if you hate this thread so much... don't look at it, much less post on it.

Anyways...

I am doing research. I am getting opinions from people who know what they are talking about.

And I have used the internet and read reviews of every restaurant suggested.

I am in the city for 2 days and I want every minute to be filled.

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#326re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
Posted: 7/15/07 at 9:28pm

You want every minute to be filled? Don't you just want to be able to relax, and experience the city instead of rushing everywhere?

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

americanboy99
#327re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
Posted: 7/15/07 at 9:30pm

jv92-

Thanks for the reccomendation. I looked at the menu and read some reviews... maybe a little pricey, but I put it on my list of possibilities!

LondonSean
#328re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
Posted: 7/15/07 at 9:42pm

Every minute will be filled, discovering things and places. You might walk into the Frick Collection and leave astounded, spot an historic synagouge in the Lower East Side, visit a huge second hand bookshop, taste the greatest pasteires and pizza of your life (not at the same time), talk to the suprisingly friendly locals on the subway (seriously, such a lovely lady with her kid talked to me all the way from Jamaica to Lexington and 50th-?) or on the lettered avenues (another lovely lady, who thought I could speak Spanish!), be awed by Grand Central, be moved by the WTC site, or see some street performers on the subway. All these things have happend to me, and much more!

Anyway, I'm not trying to be nasty, so I shall ay no more. Seeing NYU will be good for you, the area is bustling with younge people and if you go there you will lear a lot about life. I was just trying to give you some friendly advice, but clearly you don't want to take it.

Enjoy the trip, you'll never forget the city, probably the greatest in the world (after London, I have to loyally add).

LondonSean
#329re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
Posted: 7/15/07 at 9:42pm

Every minute will be filled, discovering things and places. You might walk into the Frick Collection and leave astounded, spot an historic synagouge in the Lower East Side, visit a huge second hand bookshop, taste the greatest pasteires and pizza of your life (not at the same time), talk to the suprisingly friendly locals on the subway (seriously, such a lovely lady with her kid talked to me all the way from Jamaica to Lexington and 50th-?) or on the lettered avenues (another lovely lady, who thought I could speak Spanish!), be awed by Grand Central, be moved by the WTC site, or see some street performers on the subway. All these things have happend to me, and much more!

Anyway, I'm not trying to be nasty, so I shall say no more. Seeing NYU will be good for you, the area is bustling with younge people and if you study there you will lear a lot about life. I was just trying to give you some friendly advice, but clearly you don't want to take it.

Enjoy the trip, you'll never forget the city, probably the greatest in the world (after London, I have to loyally add).
Updated On: 7/15/07 at 09:42 PM

americanboy99
gymdudeva
#331re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
Posted: 7/16/07 at 12:03pm

americanboy, everyone wants your trip to go well...it's just that some people are worried that you are over-planning and that it will just end up being a stress-filled two days instead of a wonderful time. If you plan out every minute, if one thing does not go as planned, it may affect the next thing, etc. and then there is a domino effect. Personally, I plan out the big things (which shows to see, where to stay, maybe ONE special meal) and then just wing the rest. Maybe I want to rest for a couple of hours, or maybe during that same time I will be hyper and run out to see something. The thing is, this is NEW YORK...you can find a GREAT restaurant or decide what interesting thing to see on a moment's notice!!! I've had some of the best experiences just letting myself get swept up in the flow.....

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#332re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
Posted: 7/16/07 at 1:09pm

I agree with gymdudeva. You are packed so tightly that if say something happens and the subway stops even for 15 minutes, your whole trip will be thrown off. And yes, there is always that possibility. And yes, 15 minutes may be mild if it happens depending on what the issue is.

Better to plan out the big things (and not so many...if you're going to school here it will NOT be your last trip) that you really want to do ~ one or two meals, shows, etc. and then let the rest take care of itself.

The silly wax museum I don't think is ever sold out. And I'm not sure the NBC tours are either.

All I can think is if I'd run my parents that ragged on a school visit, they would never let me go to that school because they'd figure I'd have mono in a week. Breathing is good.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

americanboy99
#333re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
Posted: 7/16/07 at 1:21pm

Well, I'm not making reservations for the wax museum. If we decide we'd like to do it, we'll have time, but if not, we can just walk around Times Square and do some shopping.

For the NBC tour, I may make reservations depending on whether or not it is very crowded at that time. I will call them pretty soon.

Understand that these restaurants (especially for breakfast and such) are simply just suggestions. Of course, is we happen to come upon a place that seems even better, we'll stop in. However, I feel it will be nice to have a rough sketch of where we could eat.

americanboy99
#334re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
Posted: 7/16/07 at 1:21pm

Well, I'm not making reservations for the wax museum. If we decide we'd like to do it, we'll have time, but if not, we can just walk around Times Square and do some shopping.

For the NBC tour, I may make reservations depending on whether or not it is very crowded at that time. I will call them pretty soon.

Understand that these restaurants (especially for breakfast and such) are simply just suggestions. Of course, is we happen to come upon a place that seems even better, we'll stop in. However, I feel it will be nice to have a rough sketch of where we could eat.

JRybka Profile Photo
JRybka
#335re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
Posted: 7/16/07 at 1:39pm

I am just going to say that Strand Books is wonderful

Sammy's Noodle Shop is the greatest!

And there is a Pizza joint in Brooklyn (right under the bridge almost) that serves amazing pizza. (*and I cannot think of the freaking name!)

"Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around."

americanboy99
#336re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
Posted: 7/16/07 at 1:42pm

Okay. I saw this pickle place where they have pickles in big barrels on Food Network. Haha.

Anyone know the name/ location?

JRybka Profile Photo
JRybka
#337re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
Posted: 7/16/07 at 1:43pm

Grimaldi's

That is the pizza joint.

It is right under the Brooklyn Bridge and it is really neat. I met Mike Meyers there waiting in line just like everyone else.

"Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around."

americanboy99
americanboy99
#339re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
Posted: 7/25/07 at 3:43pm

I am about to get my tickets for the NBC studio tour. I am thinking for 3:00.

Sound good?

bwaygal1 Profile Photo
bwaygal1
#340re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
Posted: 7/25/07 at 3:55pm

I guess that's fine. I still think that Joe Allen is better than Pigalle. Pigalle is closer, but Joe Allen is a fun place.

Also-another place I adore-Thalia, on 50th.

"A birdcage I plan to hang. I'll get to that someday. A birdcage for a bird who flew away...Around the world." "Life is a cabaret old chum, only a cabaret old chum, and I love a cabaret!"-RIP Natasha Richardson-I was honored to have witnessed her performance as Sally Bowles.

americanboy99
#341re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
Posted: 7/25/07 at 4:00pm

I tried to make reservation for the tour, and unfortunately, the only time I could get was 2:30, meaning we would have to arrive there at 2:00. So, I decided that it just wouldn't be possible to get from Little Italy for a later lunch all the way to Rockefeller Center by two.

Was that a good assumption?

americanboy99
#342re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
Posted: 7/25/07 at 4:04pm

Okay. I am going to call about the Radio City Music Hall tour. How close is that to Rockefeller Center/ St. Patrick's Cathedral?

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#343re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
Posted: 7/25/07 at 4:05pm

mapquest.com is your friend. Honestly, that is stuff you can find on your own.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

americanboy99
americanboy99
#345re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
Posted: 7/25/07 at 4:15pm

Yeah, they're close. Haha. I looked.

Okay, I think we're gonna do the Radio City tour.

And I'm not sure about dinner before SPRING AWAKENING.

I'll keep Joe Allen and Pigalle in mind, but I think we'll just decide when the time comes.

molly.
#346re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
Posted: 7/25/07 at 4:26pm

im not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet, but i thought the stardust diner was pretty good and its right next to the wintergarden theater which is roughly 5 mins away from the spring awakening theater ( more or less timewise.)but i would make reservations before hand because it gets very crowded. When i saw spring awakening with my friends for my friends birthday afterwards we went there and it was really good food and it is a fun place to go to because they sing and perform for everyone.

americanboy99
#347re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
Posted: 7/25/07 at 4:30pm

Do you mean Ellen's Stardust Diner? The one where they sing?

We are planning on going there on Wednesday.

Do you really think we need reservations?

Updated On: 7/25/07 at 04:30 PM

molly.
#348re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
Posted: 7/25/07 at 4:37pm

yeahh that onee re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
well, im not sure if you have too, but i would just in case it gets super crowded
but you could probably get in since they have 2 levels :)

americanboy99
#349re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
Posted: 7/25/07 at 4:39pm

Did you have reservations when you went?

Videos