News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Your Ideal New York City Vacation: with REVIEWS (page 16!)- Page 6

Your Ideal New York City Vacation: with REVIEWS (page 16!)

lindas13
#125re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
Posted: 6/13/07 at 11:42am

OK.. I used to never take cabs, of course as I get older they seem a wiser choice. if you are going with an older individual that is a choice you may want to make. we bought things last time in soho and did not want to carry those big bags back to the hotel so our husbands walked them back and we then walked back to the hotel free handed and it was not so bad. But one of my daughters shopping sprees at H&M was a cab ride. dressed up and in hills for the musical LB we took a cab to dinner (broadway joes)and then walked to the theatre. ususally..if it just my daughter and I on the town we walk... that way you don't miss much. I liked the bus too for cheap above ground looking.the subway is great when you are in a hurry but my bad knees made that hard as well this year. the steps up and down. I hate that part of getting older.
IF you take a cab KNOW where you are going. they take the long way on occasion if you are not sure of yourself. AND truly a lot of cabbies don't know how to go to the Letterman show. Tell them the streets like 57th between 9th and 10th. then when you turn on 57th you tell them the holiday inn.as an example.

americanboy99 Profile Photo
americanboy99
#126re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
Posted: 6/13/07 at 11:43am

lyntom- That isn't showing up on MenuPages.

carnimiriel Profile Photo
carnimiriel
#127re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
Posted: 6/13/07 at 11:46am

Thanks, Anakela. His name is Felix and he's belongs to a friend. He wore himself out IMing me by walking on the keyboard. :)

lindas13
#128re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
Posted: 6/13/07 at 11:53am

naaa! walk to rockefeller center. you will enjoy all you see. and don't forget stop in St Patricks Cathedrial. It won't take a minute and you will love it.

lindas13
#129re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
Posted: 6/13/07 at 11:57am

Shoot I forgot.. there are long blocks and short blocks you will see when you get there and after you move there you will be giving advice in about a week.

americanboy99
#131re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
Posted: 6/13/07 at 12:12pm

lindas13- Walk from SoHo to Rockefeller Center?

I have a question...

What do we wear? I don't think we are going to have any time to go back to the hotel before GREY GARDENS on Thursday. Wednesday shouldn't be a problem. But it's going to hot, so should I try to work in a time to go back to the hotel after the NBC studio tour and before La Masseria for dinner?

lindas13
#132re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
Posted: 6/13/07 at 12:17pm

WEAR? tennis shoes.. ask anyone about that one. we always made time to hit the hotel for a couple of down minutes.wash your face or take a quick shower before a nice dinner or show. other wise it will be hot in NYC in August so dress light. SO HO to the rock walking?(prob not) I think I read an earlier post and then responded in the wrong spot. If you were there a week and wanted to stroll. But on a rush(which people need to remember he is on a rush schedule) take the cab. when you move there you won't want to do that. the bus is ok too..really it is. just breath and have the fun you can and remember that when you move there people can visit you for free.. ha ha ha.

ThankstoPhantom
#133re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
Posted: 6/13/07 at 12:18pm

First of all, where is your hotel? If it's close by, then i say yes, change. You can wear more casual clothes during the day.

If it's not close, then no...usually what I do when I am in that kind of situation is where nice summer clothing. Female companions wear light skirts, blouses, et cetera. I usually go with (along with male companions), very nice shorts (with belt), and a light polo shirt.

But do this if it's hot...it's totally understandable for people from out of town to not be all dressed up to the nines...they're from out of town with limited resources!

How to properly use its/it's: Its is the possessive. It's is the contraction for it is...
Updated On: 6/13/07 at 12:18 PM

americanboy99
#134re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
Posted: 6/13/07 at 12:20pm

Okay. My hotel is on W 57th Street (Marriot).

So, wearing nice shorts/ lines pants with a nice Polo is okay for GREY GARDENS at 8.

ThankstoPhantom
#135re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
Posted: 6/13/07 at 12:26pm

What time is your NBC tour at?

How to properly use its/it's: Its is the possessive. It's is the contraction for it is...

americanboy99
#136re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
Posted: 6/13/07 at 12:27pm

Well, we're eating in SoHo for lunch. So, probably 1 or 1:30.

gymdudeva
#137re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
Posted: 6/13/07 at 12:28pm

I personally never bring anything nicer than a polo shirt to NYC in the summer. I usually wear jeans and a polo to shows, but if it's really hot outside, nice shorts are fine.

ThankstoPhantom
#138re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
Posted: 6/13/07 at 12:31pm

Well...it's 70 minutes long from the information I've gathered, so you'd have plenty of time to get back to your hotel and freshen up if you wish. Just thought I'd mention that.

You'd probably get out at 2:40 if you went at 1:30, giving you 2 and a half hours till dinner time.

http://www.shopnbc.com/pom2k.aspx?category=cc/nbc/experience&page=studio_tour&title=NBC+Studio+Tour&displaytype=2&ft=0

p.s.
#139re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
Posted: 6/13/07 at 12:41pm

What time is your NBC tour at?
Well, we're eating in SoHo for lunch. So, probably 1 or 1:30.

Not unless you're eating lunch for breakfast.
If you eat lunch in SoHo, the tour needs to be later.

p.s. Besides, if you get up to NBC early (even an hour or more before your tour time), there will be plenty of shops/sights to keep you not bored.

americanboy99
p.s.
#141re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
Posted: 6/13/07 at 12:51pm

You need to allow more time between a lunch in SoHo (well downtown) and a 1:30 NBC tour (well-enough uptown).

p.s. It won't be a waste to have extra time in between.

americanboy99
#142re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
Posted: 6/13/07 at 12:52pm

So, should I make tour reservations for say 2:30.

p.s.
#143re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
Posted: 6/13/07 at 1:15pm

IMHO

p.s. If anyone disagrees, feel free to jump in here.

americanboy99
ThankstoPhantom
#145re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
Posted: 6/13/07 at 1:20pm

2:30 would work, yes. Manage lunch time accordingly.

americanboy99
#146re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
Posted: 6/13/07 at 1:25pm

I was thinking an early lunch. We are going to leave our hotel are around 8, getting to SoHo around 9. Then, we'll eat breakfast at the restaurant listed before.

americanboy99
#147re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D

I was thinking an early lunch. We are going to leave our hotel are around 8, getting to SoHo around 9. Then, we'll eat breakfast at the restaurant listed before.

americanboy99
#148re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D

Timmer
#149re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
Posted: 6/13/07 at 1:33pm

Sardi's on 44th between Broadway and 8th is a real theatre place, with caricatures of lots of theatre people all over the walls, and the cannelloni is one of the best thing syou will ever eat.

Videos