News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for aegeusrocks

aegeusrocks Profile Photo
Member Name: aegeusrocks
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN
 Apr 21 2007, 04:29:47 PM
Everyone chill out, seriously. They will be making a mistake if they premiere Young Frankenstein in Seattle, though with the Chicago theaters continually booking themselves up, especially with open-runs (ie Wicked, and possibly The Color Purple and Jersey Boys), it does remain a possibility. Again, nothing is official. And I remember they originally announced the closing of The Producers followed up immediately with the desire to slot Young Frankenstein there. Just wait and see until officia
re: Lippa: BEACH & PRINCESS
 Dec 13 2006, 02:11:11 AM
I saw Asphalt Beach twice at NU (hehe hi stagemaster, how's home going?) and it was absolutely fabulous. From the listings of songs that you mentioned, they chose easily the best ones from the show, though the rest of the show is awesome as well. Hope the concert was great, wish I could've gone (but alas, in a different state....::sigh::).
re: PIRATE QUEEN 1st preview- I couldn't wait
 Oct 4 2006, 08:32:52 PM
I'm either going on November 2nd or 16th with Northwestern, hopefully the 2nd 'cause there's supposed to be a talk-back with Frank Galati for the Northwestern group::squeeee::
re: Songs/Scenes Cut for Amateur Productions
 Jun 7 2006, 05:21:27 AM
My high school cut "The Rumor" from Fiddler as well. It just doesn't work well as a number, and serves no real purpose in the show. I've heard that a lot of professional productions sometimes cut it as well...
re: EDEN ESPINOSA
 Jun 7 2006, 05:18:30 AM
And just to think, not too long ago, she was the star of BKLYN....
re: Big musicals you'd like to see done small
 Jun 7 2006, 05:14:28 AM
I wonder what a scaled-down Les Miz would be like...only if there was a way to do it properly, of course.
re: Pirate Queen Leads Announced
 May 13 2006, 01:41:42 AM
::Side to Wolfram/everyone:: Don't you just love the new logo? It's so much more visually interesting than the old one. Plus it'll look better on the CD cover Wolfram, I do believe we had the same idea to use it as our avatar.
re: Which shows will close next?
 Mar 22 2006, 09:45:30 PM
Whoever said the Pajama Game is likely to close soon is out of their minds. It's been running near, at, or above full capacity for almost as long as it's been open. Highly unlikely candidate for closing. My votes go to Barefoot and Ring.
re: Steph J Block is The Pirate Queen!
 Mar 17 2006, 01:00:35 AM
I toast with you both as well, and agree with Jasonf about the music! The thought of Stephanie belting Boublil and Schonberg makes me drool with anticipation of something absolutely astounding...Why isn't it October yet?
re: Steph J Block is The Pirate Queen!
 Mar 9 2006, 12:52:58 AM
We're not terribly windy in October...though it depends on the time of the month...Hell, for all I know, it might get in the seventies whenever you visit. We have strange weather here (it snowed four inches two days ago and today it thunderstormed and was about fifty). And Popular, why Chicago? Simply because we've been shown to be better for tryouts than other cities that could be considered Heh, but seriously, I think I read an article when pape
re: Cast Recording Lists
 Feb 13 2006, 03:07:53 AM
Tir Na Nog - How in the world did you get a recording of Sunday in the Park With George at Ravinia Festival? I was told they didn't record it....
re: Songs from musicals that are SO good, you'd consider having a gender op
 Feb 13 2006, 03:04:02 AM
"Your Daddy's Son" and "Back to Before" - both from Ragtime
"Defying Gravity" - Wicked
All of Marie's songs in Marie Christine
"I Dreamed a Dream" - Les Mis

re: Poll: The most infamous name on Broadway is...
 Feb 5 2006, 03:36:27 AM
I second the Weisslers, at least for recent times.
re: So when is 'Tale of Two Cities' coming to Bway? if ever?
 Feb 5 2006, 03:34:36 AM
It's still coming, but no one knows when, or if they do, no one's saying. They've had creative team problems off and on and have had to cancel their tryout at the Chicago Theater that would have opened at the end of last month. The word is that there still will be a tryout somewhere, but it's unknown as to where, and then likely open on Broadway sometime during the 06-07 season.
re: Is Flaherty 'Ahrens-less' for his next project?
 Jan 29 2006, 02:00:34 AM
Yes, he's Ahrens-less for Loving Repeating because all the lyrics are written by Gertrude Stein. However, the project after that, Glorious Ones, they're working together again.
re: 'Chita Rivera: The Dancer's Life' to be considered a Musical by the Tonys
 Jan 26 2006, 06:48:38 PM
Margo, there seems to be a constant of them simply avoiding having to define Special Event every single season...without fail. Will they really change their ways now?

As for Chita's nom, maybe they'll be kind and increase the number of Leading Actress nominations, as the Golden Globes seemed to have done this year for the Best Actor in Musical/Comedy (though I sure as hell don't know why they bothered). But I doubt it, as they're going to end up excluding marvelous performances as i

Jan 26 2006, 06:37:17 PM
::sighs:: And this is how shows that deserve nominations don't get nominated.
 Jan 26 2006, 06:30:07 PM
...what in the world would be considered for Special Theatrical Event if this isn't? Honestly, what will they nominate in that category? Without Chita's show there, it's going to look pretty empty as this season stands so far...
re: Martin Guerre Ques.
 Jan 23 2006, 01:59:52 AM
Well first Boublil and Schonberg are bringing their newest "The Pirate Queen" before they could reconsider the idea of bringing "Martin Guerre" here, though if they brought it, hopefully they'd return to the old version.
re: Bernarda Alba tickets?
 Jan 23 2006, 01:46:54 AM
Well while LCT didn't record Chronicle of a Death Foretold when LaChiusa had it there, it did for Marie Christine. 1 in 2 chance? Mayhaps depends on popularity, plus both of them have had a lot more press recently, what with SWIWS for him, and LITP for them...but we'll see.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You