News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for starlightlocamotion

Member Name: starlightlocamotion
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Is Cabaret the next Chicago?  May 12 2024, 06:29:44 PM

I think people are perhaps underestimating the staying power of this CABARET … I don’t think it will be around forever, but I think it has legs to run for at least another several years. Especially if they are smart with the stunt casting.

Gatsby or Merrily?  May 10 2024, 09:47:18 PM

MERRILY if you are looking to see a perfect production of an otherwise flawed show. It really is so special.

Gatsby is a fun night at the theatre ... if you like spectacle & seeing what you paid for (despite some shortcomings in both book & score) then I say go with GATSBY. I had a great time.

**though I couldn't help but mourn HERE LIES LOVE no longer beautifully inhabiting that space.**

What Next For The Majestic?  May 10 2024, 12:13:17 AM

It was speculated that BOOP was holding out for THE BROADWAY ... but I suspect Gatsby will last till the end of Jeremy & Eva's contracts. I would not be surprised if Boop takes the majestic ... or The Palace? pending Tammy Faye's success.

SCHMIGADOON! to play Kennedy Center  May 7 2024, 11:02:31 AM

Curious if they will go the falsettos route with the two act structure of two different stories? I think this could be a wildly fun night of theatre if they don't base it solely off season one. Let's have these characters wonder into as many different eras of broadway as possible! 

Glenn Close gives a 'Sunset Boulevard' movie update  May 3 2024, 11:14:06 PM

It woud be eerily meta if Schirzinger were to replace Close in a film adaptation ... if one ever gets made. lol. 

The 77th Annual Tony Award Nominations for 2024  Apr 30 2024, 01:36:20 PM

This has got to be the most exciting race for BEST MUSICAL in over a decade. 

The 77th Annual Tony Award Nominations for 2024  Apr 30 2024, 11:41:06 AM

TBH … I think the race for best musical is a bit more open than most think. The only show that doesn’t stand much of a chance is W4E (IMO). 

I could see a world where any of the other remaining four take home the gold. 

2024 Tony Predictions  Apr 26 2024, 02:10:50 PM

If ILLINOISE were to take best musical and sales were still strong ... I could see it moving to a smaller house post labor day. 

2024 Tony Predictions  Apr 26 2024, 12:01:31 AM

At this point … is there anything that could plausibly beat ILLINOISE for the tony? … I so wish that HLL had opened in the spring :( 

2024 Tony Predictions  Apr 22 2024, 01:22:06 PM

So it's starting to look like Hell's Kitchen vs. Illinoise? Suffs will certainly be in the conversation. Hoping for Here Lies Love to get in there ... with other possibilities being OUTSIDERS, W4E, THE NOTEBOOK. 

I do find it fascinating that Hell's Kitchen could possibly win BEST MUSICAL, after the colossal failure of last seasons attempt at a love letter to the city (NY, NY).

The Notebook - Original Broadway Cast Recording  Apr 19 2024, 11:15:29 AM

Initially thought this show was the frontrunner for BEST MUSICAL after seeing it back in previews ... then started to think it didnt stand a chance after the reviews. Now ... I am hopeful again that it will (at the very least) be nominated.

THE GREAT GATSBY Broadway Previews  Apr 17 2024, 09:18:02 PM

To each their own … but I’m currently at the show and find it to be a wildly fun night at the theatre. Is it high art? No. Is it perfect. No. There are at least three songs in the first act that should be reworked IMO. But the comparisons to phantom are spot on. If you are a sucker for spectacle, romance & hummable tunes then this is for you. If it isn’t for you, that’s okay. Because the performance tonight is sold out. I expect it to outlast the rest of the new m

2024 Tony Awards  Apr 13 2024, 11:21:22 AM

lol ... after the OUTSIDERS reviews I am starting to wonder if it will come down to W4E vs. ILLINOISE ?? I'm just baffled by this season. Certainly makes for an exciting awards season. Probably the most unpredictable in over a decade.

2024 Tony Awards  Apr 4 2024, 10:23:55 AM

Current Predictions for BEST MUSICAL:

- HELLS KITCHEN

- ILLINOISE ** ( really starting to see a path for this one to take the win after such mixed responses to the rest of the group.)

- SUFFS

- THE OUTSIDERS

- WATER FOR ELEPHANTS 

My heart hurts for HERE LIES LOVE as it remains my favorite of the season. Could be surprised come nomination morning. But won't hold my breath.

Also I feel the tides have shifted in the wake of all of the ot

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club Previews  Apr 2 2024, 09:23:14 PM

Cautiously optimistic that RANKIN will find her Sally ... preview audiences didn't quite warm to Natasha Richardson initially either. There is a lot to unearth with Cabaret. So much to mine out of that material. Fingers crossed the preview period will allow her to usher in a take on Sally that all of us will come to love.

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club Previews  Mar 31 2024, 04:57:05 PM

I am itching to hear reports on how Gayle Rankin’s performance is …

2024 Tony Awards  Feb 11 2024, 08:24:37 PM

In a world where you should run to see THE NOTEBOOK as soon as humanly possible because it is stunning.

2024 Tony Awards  Feb 11 2024, 06:25:14 PM

LOL ... The Notebook is by far in a way the front runner for BEST MUSICAL. I don't think Water for Elephants or The Outsiders is going to knock it off this list.

THE NOTEBOOK Broadway Previews  Feb 11 2024, 06:23:15 PM

Saw the matinee. Standing ovation before the finale was over. It was breathtaking. A marvel of direction. Just full body chills at so many moments throughout. I will say the score is somewhat repetitive in that every song sounds the same. HOWEVER ... it totally works and the music is quite beautiful. I would be shocked if this doesn't take best musical. Unless HK or Suffs becomes a surprise hit of the season. So many sniffles in the audience. 

Joy Woods is unmatched. But truly

Aaron Tveit, Sutton Foster will next star in ‘Sweeney Todd’  Feb 11 2024, 12:13:01 AM

Saw the show several months ago with JOSH & ANNALEIGH both in for that performance … left not particularly thrilled either of their performances. But truthfully not understanding the commotion around Ashdod’s Lovett which I only found serviceable. Odd couple they were.

Sutton & Aaron are a perfect match. Aaron is great. While miscast, he makes the role his own & I found to be more frightening than Josh. 

Sutton is perfect for

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You