News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Winkie Beer

Winkie Beer Profile Photo
Member Name: Winkie Beer
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Eden Espinawful-In SF Wicked
 Aug 10 2005, 02:30:21 AM
While I won't comment either way on the performance qualities of Eden Espinosa, I think that Theatreguy2 can dislike Eden all he wants, but pretending he just saw her perform when he didn't is stupid. I don't have another word for it. I am trying to think of something more articulate, but all I can think of is "stupid".

Aug 9 2005, 11:15:53 PM
Very true, Namo.
 Aug 9 2005, 11:04:29 PM
TheaterGuy2 has not seen Eden perform the role of Elphaba. I didn't take the time to read the whole thread, but I thought I'd put that information out there.
re: Liev out of GGR and the smarmy way they let you know
 Jun 12 2005, 11:14:21 AM
I don't think that is smarmy. The followed the rules. And, I think it is far better to see the sign and get the stuffer than have to wait for the announcement.
re: The Light in the F'ing Piazza
 Jun 2 2005, 11:44:11 AM
Princeton... there were many copies at Virgin in Boston on Tuesday.
re: 2/21 Review of Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
 Feb 25 2005, 09:39:15 AM
Yes, they have fixed the opening number. It feels like an opening number now, and presents what kind of con John Lithgow's character runs in a much more 'musical theatre way'. Basically there are now two short verses about particular women he cons. They're short, clever, have a good beat, and is a big improvement to women running around saying "oh take my jewlery!" or whatever they said before.

Act 1 sails now, and it doesn't feel like an eternity before "Great Big Stuff".

re: sweet smell of success ending
 Feb 23 2005, 09:13:09 PM
Sydney (Brian D'Arcy James' character) gets bumped off at the end of the show.... basically because JJ (John Lithgow's character) wants him gone..... if I remember.
re: Dirty Rotten Review (2/23 matinee)
 Feb 23 2005, 07:56:51 PM
Well, they did because later in the song he says "I want some really classy s--t"

re: Dirty Rotten Review (2/23 matinee)
 Feb 23 2005, 07:54:39 PM
'Get me a posse, aiight?'

Formerly: 'Get me a posse and ****, aiight?"

Oh how fun, BWW censors my 'naughty' word, even though it was a lyric. Awesome.

And to answer the 'turning' question..... it's just "oh my god the whole thing turns"

re: Dirty Rotten Scoundrels Window Card
 Feb 22 2005, 10:41:39 PM
They are waiting for the window cards to arrive from the printers...... in Canada, as per the merch. guy on Friday night.
re: Sh-K-Boom/Ghostlight Looks to Record Women, Boyz and Scoundrels - broadway.com
 Feb 7 2005, 08:32:39 PM
Sh-K-Boom recording scoundrels? I'm SHOCKED. Really.

Good for them, that cast recording will probably have pretty decent sales.

re: Movin Our Dancers
 Feb 3 2005, 01:21:59 AM
If you go to www.hollycruikshank.com she posts her performance dates, so you can plan accordingly to see her as Brenda.

For those asking about Michael Cavenaugh.... I must say that as much as I enjoy him I prefer Darren Holden (the tour 'piano man') so I don't think you'll be dissapointed in the least :)

re: Movin Our Dancers
 Feb 2 2005, 10:30:50 PM
Holly is a beautiful dancer and I love her as Brenda, so I'm so glad you enjoyed her performance! Who was the Eddie in her cast? I'm just wondering who is filling in, since the usual Eddie in that cast is currently performing with the broadway company.
re: Please Help! Musical theatre schools in Boston!
 Jan 31 2005, 11:05:19 PM
I currently attend Emerson. Message me if you have questions about the school.
re: John Selya not in Movin Out?
 Jan 30 2005, 09:11:06 PM
John has been participating in the workshop of Twyla's new Bob Dylan project. Ron Todorowski, the former matinee Eddie who has been leading the tour for the past year is filling in as Eddie in the broadway cast currently. He will be with the broadway company through the end of Feb. He's AMAZING. I promise that you won't miss John if you see Ron in the show.
re: Stage door etiquette question
 Jan 24 2005, 10:21:34 PM
Maybe this is just me, but I always find it kind of tacky when people get items signed after a show that aren't from the show they just saw the performer in.
re: Why did Millie Close?
 Jan 24 2005, 08:45:41 PM
Shows close when people stop buying tickets.
re: Our own BWW's DaisyHilton cast in her first prof. show
 Jan 21 2005, 01:55:03 AM
Very happy for you, am thrilled you are accomplishing your goals.

-m

re: Why did brooklyn get bad reviews?!?!?
 Nov 7 2004, 08:58:17 AM
By asking this, you clearly haven't subjected yourself to sitting through nearly two hours of non stop screaming used to "tell" a ridiculous story.
re: Caroline--Why did it close?
 Sep 4 2004, 06:53:16 PM
It closed because the point of commercial theatre is to make money. Caroline wasn't making money. It closed. End of story.

It was safe at its non-profit home.... once it ventured out, it was no longer safe.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You