An Open Letter from Dylan Farrow- Page 11

An Open Letter from Dylan Farrow

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#250An Open Letter from Dylan Farrow
Posted: 2/5/14 at 12:30pm

Here's a bit of a throwback, from 1992.
Soon-Yi Speaks: 'Let's Not Get Hysterical'

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Liza's Headband
NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#252An Open Letter from Dylan Farrow
Posted: 2/5/14 at 12:44pm

That's quite a powerful thing to read, Kad.
I don't think I've ever seen that piece before.

"Two drifters off to see the world. There's such a lot of world to see. . ."

YouWantitWhen???? Profile Photo
YouWantitWhen????
#253An Open Letter from Dylan Farrow
Posted: 2/5/14 at 12:58pm

I have no idea what the truth here is, except to say that for all of their flaws, I sure love my parents.

FindingNamo
#254An Open Letter from Dylan Farrow
Posted: 2/5/14 at 1:14pm

I've decided to get over my rage at my parents for never even thinking of sending me to theater camp.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#256An Open Letter from Dylan Farrow
Posted: 2/5/14 at 1:39pm

Oh dear. Not funny, but funny.

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#257An Open Letter from Dylan Farrow
Posted: 2/5/14 at 2:07pm

"All happy families are alike; each unhappy family is unhappy in its own way."

--Tolstoy, Anna Karenina, Chapter 1, first line

bobs3
#258An Open Letter from Dylan Farrow
Posted: 2/5/14 at 2:25pm

To quote author Sue Grafton -- "Our recollection of the past is not simply distorted by our faulty perception of events remembered, but skewed by those forgotten. The memory is like orbiting twin stars, one visible, one dark, the trajectory of what's evident forever affected by the gravity of what's concealed."

FindingNamo
#259An Open Letter from Dylan Farrow
Posted: 2/5/14 at 5:54pm

If anybody can stand *one more article* about this… the media writer in The Guardian weighs in.

It is a story of interlocking media deals and cultivated media cronies. Everybody is at work here. Everybody is someone else's instrument. Everybody is promoting something. Two decades have passed but the Allen-Farrow betrayal, break-up, and molestation charges are somehow, all of a sudden, as vivid as yesterday.

Here's a certainty: When you play out your personal dramas, hurt and self-interest in the media, it's a confection. You say what you have to say in the way you have to say it to give it media currency – and that's always far from the truth. Often, in fact, someone else says it for you. It's all planned. It's all rehearsed. This is craft. This is strategy. This is manipulation. This is spin.

I don't even watch msnbc anymore, but I really hope Rachel Maddow stays far away from this.

Michael Woolf

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#260An Open Letter from Dylan Farrow
Posted: 2/6/14 at 4:32pm

Another bit of throwback to 1992, in today's Page Six:

Woody in ’92: Mia said she would take my daughter

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#261An Open Letter from Dylan Farrow
Posted: 2/6/14 at 4:48pm

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20784292,00.html

Another article if anyone is still interested. She responds to the criticism.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#262An Open Letter from Dylan Farrow
Posted: 2/6/14 at 5:26pm

This family is like an Intellectual Kardsashians.

Liza's Headband
#263An Open Letter from Dylan Farrow
Posted: 2/6/14 at 6:07pm

Here's a 1992 throwback with a graphic account of the allegations:

Vanity Fair Profile - November 1992

Reginald Tresilian Profile Photo
Reginald Tresilian
#264An Open Letter from Dylan Farrow
Posted: 2/6/14 at 6:54pm

Moses is the one I'm curious about. Dylan says he "divorced himself from the family a long time ago." Why? It's fascinating that she says his disbelieving her (at least I assume that's what she means) is "the lowest form of evil that I could ever imagine." You might think she'd give a father abusing his child that status.

Obviously, the molestation of Dylan could have taken place without his knowledge; he's hardly a reliable witness. But what about the physical abuse from Mia, which Soon Yi also says happened but which Dylan vehemently denies? It's like they were all living in completely different families.

Though Dylan is the only one Mia supports for telling "her truth."

FindingNamo
#265An Open Letter from Dylan Farrow
Posted: 2/6/14 at 7:00pm

Do we suppose that the antipathy for Woody Allen means all of these people STOPPED SEEING THERAPISTS?

Because, I can't think of a single therapist who would say, "You know what would be even more healing for you right now? Give an exclusive to People magazine."

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#266An Open Letter from Dylan Farrow
Posted: 2/6/14 at 8:26pm

Moses and the two nannies and the other children were there at the house in Connecticut that day. Moses and the two nannies say that Woody and Dylan were not alone. But Mia and her defenders say that the nannies were in Woody's employ so they can't be believed. Now they say the same thing about Moses.

They invalidate anyone who disagrees with them.

And then there's the issue of Mia's brother...

Reginald Tresilian
#267An Open Letter from Dylan Farrow
Posted: 2/6/14 at 8:37pm

Actually, I don't know what Mia's brother has to do with it. I mean, I know about him, but is he somehow supposedly connected to this?

Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
#268An Open Letter from Dylan Farrow
Posted: 2/6/14 at 8:41pm

I guess we're supposed to infer that because of her brother, Mia possibly came from a family so sexually dysfunctional/deviant that her brain might have been so addled as to invent allegations like these and think nothing of it?

Cryptic comments like that aren't particulary helpful.

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$
Updated On: 2/6/14 at 08:41 PM

Liza's Headband
#269An Open Letter from Dylan Farrow
Posted: 2/6/14 at 8:44pm

Dylan, who has just begun second grade, tests in the upper-90th percentile. Contrary to recent reports in the press, she has, according to family members, never been in therapy for an inability to distinguish fantasy from reality. She has been in therapy for separation anxiety (she didn’t want to be left by her parents at nursery school) and for her shyness. Indeed, people wondered how she could cope with so much doting attention from her father—behavior that many people frankly didn’t know what to make of. “When she just wanted to giggle and run away and play, he’d be right behind her. And I just looked at it, and I’d shake my head and think, I hope this is a great thing,” says Pascal. “It was to the point that when we would go over there I wouldn’t run over and talk to her or anything. I’d talk to Satchel, but it’s like you don’t even dare talk to Dylan when he’s around.” And was Pascal aware of the rule that Woody was never to be left alone with Dylan?

“It was a really good rule,” she says. “There was no other way she could get away and get out.”

Several times last summer, while Woody was visiting in Connecticut, Dylan locked herself in the bathroom, refusing to come out for hours. Once, one of the baby-sitters had to use a coat hanger to pick the lock. Dylan often complained of stomachaches and headaches when Woody visited: she would have to lie down. When he left, the symptoms would disappear. At times Dylan became so withdrawn when her father was around that she would not speak normally, but would pretend to be an animal.

Reginald Tresilian
#270An Open Letter from Dylan Farrow
Posted: 2/6/14 at 8:46pm

Isn't that the same article you linked above?

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#271An Open Letter from Dylan Farrow
Posted: 2/6/14 at 9:12pm

So both sides vehemently deny and contradict the other. Which makes weighing in... well, an exercise in futility. There's no viable support for either side except for whatever one chooses to acknowledge or ignore.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#272An Open Letter from Dylan Farrow
Posted: 2/6/14 at 9:13pm

Have you guys seen this article? Very interesting.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#273An Open Letter from Dylan Farrow
Posted: 2/6/14 at 9:15pm

It reminds me of a Vanity Fair article from 1992 I remember reading.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#274An Open Letter from Dylan Farrow
Posted: 2/6/14 at 9:37pm

"So both sides vehemently deny and contradict the other. Which makes weighing in... well, an exercise in futility. There's no viable support for either side except for whatever one chooses to acknowledge or ignore."

Plus, the case is closed anyway.

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

Videos