pixeltracker

Bette Davis and Joan Crawford to FEUD on FX...- Page 2

Bette Davis and Joan Crawford to FEUD on FX...

Mark-Alexis
#25Bette Davis and Joan Crawford to FEUD on FX...
Posted: 5/12/16 at 12:27pm

Damn, Lange is going to KILL IT as Joan Crawford:

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#26Bette Davis and Joan Crawford to FEUD on FX...
Posted: 5/12/16 at 1:10pm

This is just too gay...even for me. 

Mark-Alexis
#27Bette Davis and Joan Crawford to FEUD on FX...
Posted: 5/12/16 at 1:25pm

Also, Carlos, I see that you replied to my thread in main forum, but for some reason your post isn't showing.  It's bugging me, lol.  Can you maybe repost?

CarlosAlberto
#28Bette Davis and Joan Crawford to FEUD on FX...
Posted: 5/12/16 at 4:06pm

Not if you're going to continue posting your highly juvenile and extremely nauseating gifs. #gifssuck #sorrynotsorry 

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#29Bette Davis and Joan Crawford to FEUD on FX...
Posted: 5/12/16 at 4:13pm

CarlosAlberto said: "This is just too gay...even for me."

NEVER!

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!
Updated On: 5/12/16 at 04:13 PM

BobbyBubbi  Profile Photo
BobbyBubbi
#30Bette Davis and Joan Crawford to FEUD on FX...
Posted: 5/12/16 at 11:42pm

Well color me intrigued. It has long been speculated that Sarandon would play Davis in a biopic. Or that there would be some sort of movie about "the movie" (Whatever Happened to Baby Jane). I guess this is it. 

I'll reserve opinions for when I see the first glimpses of them all done up in hair and make up, but I don't think Lange nor Sarandon really resemble their counterparts. 

Lange seems frail, and smaller in stature whereas Crawford was a taller, more statuesque presence. Even though she's taken the train to crazy town, I always thought Sean Young in her hayday could do Joan justice. 

And Davis was the smaller one, while Sarandon is statuesque and buxom. 

IMHO.

Will be VERY interesting to see how this plays out.  

Mark-Alexis
#31Bette Davis and Joan Crawford to FEUD on FX...
Posted: 5/13/16 at 12:05am

CarlosAlberto said: "Not if you're going to continue posting your highly juvenile and extremely nauseating gifs. #gifssuck #sorrynotsorry 

"

I think I will continue.

Bette Davis and Joan Crawford to FEUD on FX...

#sorrynotsorry xo

Mark-Alexis
#32Bette Davis and Joan Crawford to FEUD on FX...
Posted: 5/16/16 at 4:28pm

Lange opened up to Newsday about playing Joan Crawford while promoting "Long Day's Journey Into Night".

It seems as if she may even have had the option of playing Bette or Joan.

*One last thing — Sarandon vs. Lange — in “Feud”? Brilliant casting.*

LANGE: It’s a very interesting story. And . . . Crawford. I love anybody who comes from hard knocks. She came outta some backwater place in Texas. No education. Scrappy. It should be great. When I finish the play I’ve got two months to research. There are so many things I have to learn about her.

*I can see you in either role. Are you more Joan than Bette?*

LANGE: I think so. When I first read the script years ago, it was Crawford that drew me in. Now we have to figure out how to make me look like her. I don’t want it to be camp. It’s going to be tricky. You know, when I was doing Big Edie in “Grey Gardens,” the way into that character for me was her voice. Every day on set, in my trailer I’d listen to Big Edie’s voice in the documentary over and over. As soon as I had the voice, things fell into place.

*Think you’ll find Crawford the same way?*

LANGE: Maybe . . . maybe . . . We’ll have to see.

http://www.newsday.com/entertainment/theater/jessica-lange-talks-long-day-s-journey-feud-miniseries-1.11805059

ChgoTheatreGuy Profile Photo
ChgoTheatreGuy
#33Bette Davis and Joan Crawford to FEUD on FX...
Posted: 8/16/16 at 5:46pm

Today it was announced that Oscar winner Catherine Zeta-Jones is joining the series as Olivia de Havilland.  I don't know how this factors into the "Baby Jane" story, unless the plotline carries on into "Hush, Hush Sweet Charlotte"...

Gorlois Profile Photo
Gorlois
#34Bette Davis and Joan Crawford to FEUD on FX...
Posted: 8/16/16 at 7:03pm

The theory is they're setting up season 2 for the de Havilland/Fontaine feud.

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#35Bette Davis and Joan Crawford to FEUD on FX...
Posted: 8/25/16 at 2:27pm

I just saw that RM announced that Sarah Paulson will play Geraldine Page in "Feud". I'm still not sure how this is going to turn out.

I Can Has Cheezburger With This?

CarlosAlberto
#36Bette Davis and Joan Crawford to FEUD on FX...
Posted: 8/25/16 at 3:00pm

I'll watch it - - - I'd watch Sarandon read the phone book. 

God, I love that woman. 

henrikegerman Profile Photo
henrikegerman
#37Bette Davis and Joan Crawford to FEUD on FX...
Posted: 8/27/16 at 8:39am

With this being based on "Best Actress" (of 1963), with Zeta-Jones as de Havilland (a long-time Davis friend who supported Davis's oscar race) and Paulson as Page (who was nominated), and with talk about the following season being devoted to the de Havilland and Fontaine "FEUD", it appears we might also have some star casting for Bancroft (who won the oscar), Katharine Hepburn and Lee Remick (also nominated) and, at least eventually, Fontaine.  

Let the "for your considerations" begin.  Diane Lane might make a convincing Fontaine.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#38Bette Davis and Joan Crawford to FEUD on FX...
Posted: 8/27/16 at 12:16pm

Can we please do this WITHOUT Susan Sarandon? I have loved her all my life, but I never want to see her again after her toxic contributions to the current presidential election.

She is not just crazy. She is despicable.

SweetLips Profile Photo
SweetLips
#39Bette Davis and Joan Crawford to FEUD on FX...
Posted: 9/10/16 at 4:47pm

How wonderful to see all these magnificent actresses get to show [hopefull] powerful acting abilities in whatever roles are offered to them at their stage in life when age seems to dictate performance opportunites.

Congrats to all whatever happens or cast and I will certainly be watching from afar,and only then, share my pleasure or disappointment in the proposed project--let's wait and see through healthy discussion is what these forums are all about.

PS..Carlos..NOTHING is too gay but then I suppose it is really how it affects YOU..

SL........................X

Updated On: 9/11/16 at 04:47 PM

South Fl Marc Profile Photo
South Fl Marc
#40Bette Davis and Joan Crawford to FEUD on FX...
Posted: 9/11/16 at 6:59pm

I agree with Pal Joey, I would be happy never seeing or hearing from Susan Sarandon again.

Mrs Mangel  Profile Photo
Mrs Mangel
#41Bette Davis and Joan Crawford to FEUD on FX...
Posted: 9/12/16 at 11:40pm

This is shaping up to be hilarious- now they've added Jackie Hoffman to the cast- http://deadline.com/2016/09/ryan-murphy-fx-series-feud-tim-minear-co-showrunner-jackie-hoffman-cast-1201817299/

CarlosAlberto
#42Bette Davis and Joan Crawford to FEUD on FX...
Posted: 9/13/16 at 11:18am

I love Susan Sarandon. She doesn't cower down and sticks to her convictions. She's not afraid to voice her opinions for fear of pissing people off. I may not see eye to eye on some of her political beliefs but I do believe she has a right to them. I can separate the professional from the personal. 

I think she's a brilliant actress. I have nothing but love for her. 

hork Profile Photo
hork
#43Bette Davis and Joan Crawford to FEUD on FX...
Posted: 9/13/16 at 12:44pm

^ Hear hear!

Mark-Alexis
Mark-Alexis
Mrs Mangel  Profile Photo
Mrs Mangel
#46Bette Davis and Joan Crawford to FEUD on FX...
Posted: 9/30/16 at 10:41am

More on set pics-

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3815066/Jessica-Lange-Susan-Sarandon-morph-screen-legends-Joan-Crawford-Bette-Davis-set-Ryan-Murphy-s-new-series-Feud.html

Updated On: 9/30/16 at 10:41 AM

carolineorchange21 Profile Photo
carolineorchange21
#47Bette Davis and Joan Crawford to FEUD on FX...
Posted: 9/30/16 at 11:01am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3815066/Jessica-Lange-Susan-Sarandon-morph-screen-legends-Joan-Crawford-Bette-Davis-set-Ryan-Murphy-s-new-series-Feud.html

I knew Sarandon would resemble Bette but this looks like channeling - it's eerie. I assume she (Susan) is made up to look like Bette is 'Night of the Iguana'  which is the play in which Davis was appearing when Crawford first approached her about WHTBJ. Jessica looks like Jessica in a dark wig. 

"...ah, gays and their wit. Hell must be a laugh a minute!" -Evie Harris

Videos