News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

MADONNA/REBEL HEART and More- Page 28

MADONNA/REBEL HEART and More

FindingNamo
#675Madonna and the mouse
Posted: 5/7/15 at 9:28am

SandD, it seems pretty clear that you care about a lot more than the album.  Otherwise you wouldn't go to such efforts to explain/justify every dumb thing she does.  On the other hand, if you're pretty sure she wasn't texting during a theater performance for attention than I'll just have to take your word for it.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#676Madonna and the mouse
Posted: 5/7/15 at 9:36am

I really do enjoy the new album.

But I think she finally lost me with the Thatcher post.

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#677Madonna and the mouse
Posted: 5/7/15 at 10:28am

Namo how am I justifying everything she does? I said kidding drake was silly and that her Instagram is fun for good and bad reasons, how is that justifying? All I said was she has always done things to get attention, that's is Madonna, it's not like it's a new thing. And if you believe for a second that she was texting during a show attention then your hatred of her knows no limits, rude ( yes) for attention  (don't be silly) 

The thatcher post caused a it of a stink but to be fair, whilst many of us in the UK hate some of things she did she was a very strong woman who stuck to her guns, many still do admire her here. Me, not so much. 

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#678Madonna and the mouse
Posted: 5/7/15 at 4:10pm

Well sure...I guess you could describe a lot of reprehensible people as "strong." But Thatcher also goes against everything Madonna has claimed that she stands for.

FindingNamo
#679Madonna and the mouse
Posted: 5/7/15 at 4:20pm

Maybe Baddie Winkle could show Madonna how to have fun with aging?

songanddanceman2
#680Madonna and the mouse
Posted: 5/7/15 at 6:09pm

Erik how does Thatcher go against everything Madonna stands for? And well done Namo for ignoring my question again. 

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#681Madonna and the mouse
Posted: 5/7/15 at 7:44pm

Maggie's homophobic spew.

"What good's first woman if it's her? I suppose you'd have liked Hitler if he was a woman. Ms. Hitler. Got a lot done, Hitlerina. Great adventures."

--Caryl Churchill, Top Girls

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#682Madonna and the mouse
Posted: 5/7/15 at 7:48pm

What Borstal said. 

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#683Madonna and the mouse
Posted: 5/7/15 at 7:50pm

Perhaps Madgo could cover this.

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

FindingNamo
#684Madonna and the mouse
Posted: 5/7/15 at 9:16pm

Sorry Song, I forgot the question was directed at me before I finished your post.

Like, I think you don't have any reason to believe or defend that Madonna was or wasn't texting for attention.

songanddanceman2
#685Madonna and the mouse
Posted: 5/8/15 at 10:31am

Well logic would dictate that she was texting for the reasons anyone texts Namo.

and yes Thatcher was a vile woman when it came to the gay community ( as most works leaders were) but she has a lot of qualities that many found admirable, especially for a woman in power. 

FindingNamo
#686Madonna and the mouse
Posted: 5/8/15 at 1:31pm

You know what, I LOVE Kanye West's records and have seen him live and would do so again.  But the d-bag things he does are all his.  I don't have to make excuses for him  The only time I feel a need to stick up for him is when somebody calls him talentless, and basically I will argue against that.  It's really nice to be able to argue in favor of artistic output and not a "he's got you talking about him so he wins" kind of a thing.

I feel bad that you need to defend every Madonna misstep.  When she said "she's not me," she was talking about you too!

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#687Madonna and the mouse
Posted: 5/8/15 at 1:59pm

I feel the same way about Kanye West. And I think it pretty accurately describes how I feel about Madonna.

songanddanceman2
#688Madonna and the mouse
Posted: 5/8/15 at 3:10pm

Again at what point was I sticking up for her? I said the Drake kiss was silly, her Instagram his hillarious ( good and bad) and she was rude for texting in a show. So I ask again, where am I jumping to her defence? Namo you just talk for the sake of talking. Is it because I said that some people admire Thatcher as a strong woman? Sorry but that's fact, I live in the UK, I lived through her reign, whist not a supporter of hers (her decisions really affected my family), I can't take away the fact that in a mans game she played it with strength and stuck to what she believed right or wrong.

FindingNamo
#689Madonna and the mouse
Posted: 5/8/15 at 7:27pm

I hadn't given the Thatcher thing a second thought. Madonna is vapid when it comes to politics that just goes without saying. 

I was referring specifically to your need to weigh in on the texting. 

songanddanceman2
#690Madonna and the mouse
Posted: 5/9/15 at 8:48am

And I said it was rude her texting during the show. AGAIN how was I sticking up for her?

Is it because I said I don't think she was texting for attention? Come on you honestly really believe that she sat there and thought 'I know what will get people talking and hating on me....I will text during an Off Broadway show'? Give me a friggin break. 

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#691Madonna and the mouse
Posted: 5/9/15 at 9:01am

"Come on you honestly really believe that she sat there and thought 'I know what will get people talking and hating on me....I will text during an Off Broadway show'? Give me a friggin break."

I could believe that, although what I think is that first of all, she wanted to send someone a message, and second of all, she figured it was rude, and people will talk, but who cares?

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#692Madonna and the mouse
Posted: 5/9/15 at 11:45am

A formerly significant artist aging gracefully. Now THIS is a rebel heart!

songanddanceman2
#693Madonna and the mouse
Posted: 5/9/15 at 12:15pm

Oh come off it, she text during the show to send a message, it was rude yes, on no planet does a sane person think she thought 'oh this will get me attention, negative attention' good god, it's like the Twilight Zone in here.

FindingNamo
#694Madonna and the mouse
Posted: 5/9/15 at 1:23pm

This is why I feel bad. You personally feel you have to stand up for her for even the most trivial things. Even things she won't defend for herself when Liz Rosenberg flat out denies what happened happened. 

songanddanceman2
#695Madonna and the mouse
Posted: 5/10/15 at 7:02pm

Are you dense or just playing stupid? It has nothing to do with sticking up for her, it's to do with calling you out on the idiotic stuff you come out with.

ArtMan
#696Madonna and the mouse
Posted: 5/11/15 at 9:01am

Songanddanceman2, I enjoy reading your posts (even the Madonna thread). The majority of the time you contribute insightful and intelligent thoughts.  However, you do seem to come across quite defensive of Madonna in this thread and other Madonna threads.  I, too, am a fan.  I have purchased every cd.  Even OVERPAID for the upcoming tour.  But as a fan I can recognize that a lot of stuff she does, especially now, are either acts for attention or she really is a self indulgent bitch.  It makes me wonder if she was caught farting in public, would you blame it on the  waitress for the food they served?  (Just Kidding)

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#697Madonna and the mouse
Posted: 5/11/15 at 9:19am

I agree with Artman. I think you, Song and Dance, are in a state of denial on this issue.

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
#698Madonna and the mouse
Posted: 5/11/15 at 7:30pm

A formerly significant artist aging gracefully. Now THIS is a rebel heart!

^ Glenda Jackson

It could be argued that she was more significant as a Member of Parliament in the UK the past 23 years, but I agree! She just stepped down at last week's election, so who knows...she may become a significant artist again...here's hoping!

I wonder what she thinks of Madonna.

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$

#699Madonna and the mouse
Posted: 5/11/15 at 8:16pm

MADONNA breaks a record with Ghosttown.

it becomes the 45th single to top the Dance chart at #1 next week.

Beating out any other artist with the most number ones on any of the Billboard charts.

She was tied with George Strait at 44 hits.  But ghosttown puts her at 45 and well,  Rebel Heart is to have a few more releases so she may beat her own record as the summer/fall of 2015 evolves.

Rebel Heart tour is casting this week for dancers in NYC

BITCH IM MADONNA is the next single-  and the video will be shot next week.

Jonas Akerlund  (Ghosttown, Music, Ray of Light)  is the director.

Videos