pixeltracker

RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars 2 *Trailer Now Out*- Page 3

RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars 2 *Trailer Now Out*

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#50RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars 2 *Trailer Now Out*
Posted: 9/9/16 at 10:16am

Thanks, Kad, I suspected as much. I mean, who would ask to satirize a still-beloved and tragic figure like Princess Di? Even Queen Elizabeth or Margaret Thatcher would be a choice more ripe for comedy. Eleanor Roosevelt? Mrs. Clinton? Leona Helmsley?

There are so many better choices, I can't help but think that someone was trying to make it impossible for Katya to shine this week.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#51RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars 2 *Trailer Now Out*
Posted: 9/9/16 at 10:36am

I was really surprised there was no Elizabeth I.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#52RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars 2 *Trailer Now Out*
Posted: 9/9/16 at 12:45pm

Katya was sabotaged with that Lady Di assignment. She's simply not a funny character. As a symbol (and this has nothing to do with the actual person), she's bland, beloved, and tragic. To include her in that kind of line up with the likes of Annie Oakley, Catherine the Great, and Eve is simply misguided and terribly unfair. The other queens can say all they want, but Alyssa made the right choice. Ginger's comment about how she was let go because Alyssa is trying to get rid of the competition shows how delusional she is. Ginger is a boring drag queen, she's a very good musical theater performer, and that's sort of where it ends. Katya is a genius artist, and Alyssa gets that. Alaska is the frontrunner, but Alyssa returned this season as one of the smartest contestants--in other words, she gets the game and how to succeed in it. I think she could be a surprise winner.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

Roscoe
#53RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars 2 *Trailer Now Out*
Posted: 9/9/16 at 1:41pm

RoXy's matronly Eva Peron was an utter bore, even less interesting than Katya's Princess Di, and certainly in comparison with Ginger's Catherine The Great.  Poor Katya was stuck with a role which was so lifelessly written and choreographed I can't believe it wasn't designed to be eliminated.

RuPaul's bizarre protection of the useless RoXy Andrews is getting tiring.  Time for a trip back to the bus stop, girl.

"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#54RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars 2 *Trailer Now Out*
Posted: 9/9/16 at 2:10pm

According to Katya on her latest Total Ru-Call, she was initially assigned Marie Antoinette and then was re-assigned Lady Di.  

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#55RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars 2 *Trailer Now Out*
Posted: 9/10/16 at 12:22pm

Kad said: "According to Katya on her latest Total Ru-Call, she was initially assigned Marie Antoinette and then was re-assigned Lady Di.  "

Really? That's kind of crazy considering how much the whole thing seemed designed for someone to get eliminated, as Roscoe said. Thank goodness Alyssa saved the day.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#56RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars 2 *Trailer Now Out*
Posted: 9/10/16 at 4:42pm

Tatianna was originally assigned Princess Di, but was changed to Joan of Arc. Coco was Cleopatra & Adore was Frida Kahlo. You can hear the parts that the eliminated queens had on the single release of Baddest Bitches. Frida Kahlo's section is god awful and it's a good thing that Adore walked off because it would of not gone down well had they used it in the show.

https://youtu.be/hjIwge5zqxY?t=343

Cleopatra's part was awesome

https://youtu.be/hjIwge5zqxY?t=98

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#57RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars 2 *Trailer Now Out*
Posted: 9/10/16 at 5:17pm

RoXy was better tonight, but I just find her to be boring. Her Eva was solid, but I don't think she would make top three.

Also, I know these shot around the same time, but did anyone think of Robbie Turner's neon dress from S8 when they saw Detox in the lip synch? Her silver look was fantastic, though. 

And finally, I am SO HAPPY for Alyssa! I'm really rooting for her this season, and I think that she has really turned herself in to a brand, between her dance studio and the Haus of Edwards. Ideally, the top three would have been her, Katya, and Tatianna, but there's no denying the magic of Alaska! 

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

TheatreFan4
#58RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars 2 *Trailer Now Out*
Posted: 9/11/16 at 10:18pm

RUPAUL WON AN EMMY! RUPAUL WON AN EMMY!

RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars 2 *Trailer Now Out*

Someone in a Tree2 Profile Photo
Someone in a Tree2
#59RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars 2 *Trailer Now Out*
Posted: 9/12/16 at 12:07am

Yep-- was just coming on the board to proclaim the same great news. Bow down to Mama Ru! Even though she rightfully pooh-poohs the value of such awards, I'm really glad they got around to giving her one.

TheatreFan4
#60RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars 2 *Trailer Now Out*
Posted: 9/12/16 at 12:35am

He was defnitely getting choked up over this and I just loved his speech. "I was once quoted as saying I'd rather have an Enema than an Emmy. But thanks to the Television Academy I CAN HAVE BOTH!"

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#61RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars 2 *Trailer Now Out*
Posted: 9/12/16 at 10:08am

Maybe next year, the Emmys will stop Christmas treeing The Amazing Race, Top Chef, Project Runway, and Dancing with the Stars and nominate the show itself.

JerseyGirl2 Profile Photo
JerseyGirl2
#62RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars 2 *Trailer Now Out*
Posted: 9/13/16 at 2:09am

In case anyone is interested: It seems as though Phi Phi just spoiled the next episode. It's not difficult to figure out who is top, bottom and eliminated, if you have seen the sneak for the next episode and read Phi Phi's tweet. 

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#63RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars 2 *Trailer Now Out*
Posted: 9/13/16 at 1:45pm

^Well, I won't be looking at her twitter then :p

Is anyone watching the Bonus Videos on LogoTV's website? I just saw Episode 3's bonus vids and they are absolutely histerical. I strongly recommend - http://www.logotv.com/video-clips/fjtfuz/rupauls-all-stars-drag-race-baesic-phi-phi-katya and "RoXy's Show Dilemma".

God I love Katya!

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#64RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars 2 *Trailer Now Out*
Posted: 9/13/16 at 5:02pm

I saw her tweets, and if that's true what happens, I am VERY disappointed. There might be a better reason than just being petty, but if it's being petty, then that is disappointing. I do think they are trying to make Phi Phi look like the villain again, but I don't like this pettiness.

Also, why did RoXy get redemption this season (in terms of editing) and not Phi Phi?

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#65RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars 2 *Trailer Now Out*
Posted: 9/13/16 at 5:37pm

I'm surprised there's all this debate about Phi Phi's "edit" and redemption story. She literally SAYS shady and hateful things. Sure, the edit might take a look or expression out of context but they can't just force her to say certain things. She's a very manipulative, spiteful person. I think it's pretty clear.

JerseyGirl2 Profile Photo
JerseyGirl2
#66RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars 2 *Trailer Now Out*
Posted: 9/14/16 at 3:28am

There was a live viewing last week where Phi Phi said a LOT of things about the edit. One of the things was that Jeremy's (? Is that his name? Guest judge?) "This is fashion!" comment wasn't about Alyssa, at all, and was said about Detox. So, coincidentally, I am sure RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars 2 *Trailer Now Out* , Logo, for the first time ever, uploaded Alyssa's full critiques from Carson and Jeremy. "This is fashion!" WAS about Alyssa. They are clapping back. 

I was buying Phi Phi's, "It's the edit!" stuff, at first. I don't think one can now. She did a 3-4 hour Periscope last night and then deleted it. I only saw a few minutes, but it is all messy.

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#67RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars 2 *Trailer Now Out*
Posted: 9/14/16 at 10:02am

Such a nasty, spiteful little bitch.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#68RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars 2 *Trailer Now Out*
Posted: 9/14/16 at 10:04am

RoXy has also been better about owning her past behavior than Phi Phi. I'm not even sure if Phi Phi is even aware of the things she does.

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#69RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars 2 *Trailer Now Out*
Posted: 9/15/16 at 8:56am

Phi Phi clearly sees herself as some sort of victim - on her Facebook page, she recently wrote, "My biggest regret is allowing my heart to believe "No Phi Phi, We love you girl, we want you to have a good story."

She clearly blames the show for making her look bad. But, as been pointed out, she does say the things she says - that can't be made up - and her attempts to undermine the confidence of others can't be merely innocent and taken out of context.

We do live an an age where dirty play is often commended, but dishonorable will always be dishonorable; and most of us will still admire those who achieve great things based on talent and ability rather than sneaking.

Updated On: 9/15/16 at 08:56 AM

artscallion Profile Photo
artscallion
#70RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars 2 *Trailer Now Out*
Posted: 9/15/16 at 9:36am

Phi Phi O'Hara belongs in the big gay picnic basket of Ruplorables.

Art has a double face, of expression and illusion.

Someone in a Tree2 Profile Photo
Someone in a Tree2
#71RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars 2 *Trailer Now Out*
Posted: 9/15/16 at 9:03pm

Well THAT was a great episode! The final shots (no spoilers) were beautifully well set up. LOVE these queens, even the crazy self-deluded ones! Bring on the fireworks next week.

Updated On: 9/15/16 at 09:03 PM

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#72RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars 2 *Trailer Now Out*
Posted: 9/15/16 at 10:26pm

Christ, I hate Phi Phi. 

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#73RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars 2 *Trailer Now Out*
Posted: 9/15/16 at 11:31pm

I hated Alyssa in her season. With a passion. I disliked Coco too, but was glad to see Alyssa go. She was too annoying for me. I cannot believe how much I LOVE her now. She's a riot to watch! katya and her are the biggest gifts of this season. Alaska was so subdued in 4th season compared to all the brilliance she's bringing here, but I know a lot more about her because of Battle Of The Seasons stuff.

The last shot was why RuPaul can teach all reality shows a thing or two about what makes good TV. 

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#74RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars 2 *Trailer Now Out*
Posted: 9/15/16 at 11:59pm

While watching the lipsync, I genuinely wondered why Phi Phi is there, other than for drama. Every other queen on the show has had at least one fabulous moment that's really gag-worthy, but has Phi Phi ever had one of those ever? She's a perfectly competent queen, to be sure. But put her next to someone like Alaska (who cemented even further her status at the top of the pack this episode) and she's just so ordinary. 

I am sad that Alyssa went home. Her performance wasn't great, but Blanche is always going to be the less interesting role of that duo. Meanwhile RoXy didn't deliver at all in a part that gave her a lot of opportunities. And *why* was Katya in the bottom? She stumbled for a second while filming, but was great in the final product and her runway made me cackle with the reveal. 

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

Videos