pixeltracker

American Horror Story: Hotel- Page 8

American Horror Story: Hotel

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#175American Horror Story: Hotel
Posted: 10/18/15 at 12:16am

Finally watched the first episode yesterday. My boyfriend and I almost had to turn it off because of how needlessly gruesome the first 45 minutes or so were. I think some of that stuff was the most graphic the show has ever been. We finished the episode but it all seems like a mess (as many of you have said). I don't even want to continue watching it, really.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

JbaraFan1
#176American Horror Story: Hotel
Posted: 10/20/15 at 11:26am

I'm liking the campiness. I don't need the show to make sense, just keep being crazy. Evan Peters' character slays me (pun intended). Accent and all.   I think this is his most fun part on the show, of all his AHS characters.

On a different note, my husband and I both cheered the scene with Chloe's sensible pediatrician character vs the anti-vax mom.

The really gross stuff I could live without. (At least with AHS such scenes don't come as a total shock, unlike the latest Downton Abbey. No spoiler; if you saw it, you'll know what I mean. I was like, ofh!, did they have to be so graphic?)

doodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
#177American Horror Story: Hotel
Posted: 10/20/15 at 11:40am

Well, the gore continues, if that helps make your decision..with little effect.

This is the worst this show has been, and am so disappointed. I HATE that the second episode was so long! Is this how they get around not being considered a "series", but a "mini-series"?

Give me more Evan Peters and Mare Winningham please, the rest can check out!

"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS

JbaraFan1
#178American Horror Story: Hotel
Posted: 10/20/15 at 12:44pm

Mare Winningham is perfection this season. 

Oh, we'll keep watching. Besides, I bought the season on Amazon. We don't get FX on our cable tier, so we see it following night, at earliest, on streaming. 

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#179American Horror Story: Hotel
Posted: 10/21/15 at 10:01am

Hey gang! I personally don't watch the show (nor do I know anyone that does) but I'm writing a paper on celebrities making their way into TV shows. Can someone describe to me the role Lady Gaga plays? Is it a villain? 

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#180American Horror Story: Hotel
Posted: 10/21/15 at 10:12am

She plays a bored lady who talks like she's reciting words she memorized.  It's a character choice!  She ate lunch at Tisch once!

Updated On: 10/21/15 at 10:12 AM

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#181American Horror Story: Hotel
Posted: 10/21/15 at 10:29am

She drinks blood, I think and doesn't like to wear clothes. Oh! And she also likes to walk really slowly.

As the kids online are saying "QUEEN!!!" 

doodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
#182American Horror Story: Hotel
Posted: 10/21/15 at 10:41am

And she likes pasties.

"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#183American Horror Story: Hotel
Posted: 10/21/15 at 10:43am

She was born in 1904 in America but she talks like someone for whom English is a second language.  It's a character choice!  She's a musical theatre kid at heart!  

Updated On: 10/21/15 at 10:43 AM

Jordan Catalano
#184American Horror Story: Hotel
Posted: 10/21/15 at 10:44am

QUEEN!

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#185American Horror Story: Hotel
Posted: 10/21/15 at 6:02pm

Another 90 minute episode tonight. Jesus, some of us have to work in the morning.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#186American Horror Story: Hotel
Posted: 10/21/15 at 6:23pm

^^^ I know, right? We've rescheduled our viewing parties for the weekend. Ninety minutes starting at 10pm is way too long for a weekday and it's not even a fun 90 minutes! 

Lady Gaga does play the main villain of the season. I guess she's kind of the female lead of the show though this season the whole thing feels like more of an ensemble than it's ever felt, mostly because of the absence of Jessica Lange (and the fact Lady Gaga's acting is so wooden she obviously can't carry the show the way Lange did in earlier seasons). She's a vampire who owns the titular hotel. And yes, her acting is as weak as the other posters are indicating.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"
Updated On: 10/21/15 at 06:23 PM

MrSweetNAwful Profile Photo
MrSweetNAwful
#187American Horror Story: Hotel
Posted: 10/21/15 at 7:48pm

Bettyboy72 said: "Another 90 minute episode tonight. Jesus, some of us have to work in the morning."

Are you f*cking kidding me!?!? Come the f*ck on Ryan Murphy...

You're reminding me of people you hear at the movies asking questions every ten seconds, "Who is that? Why is that guy walking down the street? Who's that lady coming up to him? Uh-oh, why did that car go by? Why is it so dark in this theater?" - FindingNamo on strummergirl

"If artists were machines, then I'm just a different kind of machine...I'd probably be a toaster. Actually, I'd be a toaster oven because they're more versatile. And I like making grilled cheese" -Regina Spektor

"That's, like, twelve shows! ...Or seven." -Crazy SA Fangirl

"They say that just being relaxed is the most important thing [in acting]. I take that to another level, I think kinda like yawning and...like being partially asleep onstage is also good, but whatever." - Sherie Rene Scott

EricMontreal22 Profile Photo
EricMontreal22
#188American Horror Story: Hotel
Posted: 10/21/15 at 8:51pm

FX Canada has it set for 70 minutes, for whatever reason.  I still think FC has asked Murphy and crew to keep as many scenes as possible in so they can sell more commercials.  I always watched on PVR anyway (since I'm west coast we get it at 7) so without commercials even 90 minutes is just a bit over an hour so the time isn't a big deal, it's that I fully am convinced it makes the episodes drag and seem shapeless even more than they would.

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#189American Horror Story: Hotel
Posted: 10/21/15 at 10:04pm

I always enjoy a dose of Mare Winningham though. Love her. 

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#190American Horror Story: Hotel
Posted: 10/21/15 at 11:43pm

So, it's not Gaga who has the Lange role.  It's Sarah Paulson. 

I was wondering when we'd finally get Angela Basset and then there she was!  God, she looks great. 

Gaga continues to say lines, so good for her, I guess. 

Jordan Catalano
#191American Horror Story: Hotel
Posted: 10/22/15 at 12:04am

I just got home from a screening of BACK TO TR FUTURE II with a panel discussion featuring Fox, Lloyd, Thompson, Bob Gale and Huey Lewis. I thought of watching this show before I go to bed tonight, but why waste the end of one of the best days of my life? 

EricMontreal22
#192American Horror Story: Hotel
Posted: 10/22/15 at 2:55am

Phyllis Rogers Stone said: "So, it's not Gaga who has the Lange role.  It's Sarah Paulson. 

I was wondering when we'd finally get Angela Basset and then there she was!  God, she looks great. 

Gaga continues to say lines, so good for her, I guess. 

"

For someone so obsessed with the look of his show, Ryan Murphy really doesn't understand "Show don't tell," does he?  Angela Bassett was particularly bizarre--she randomly tracks down Donovon, cleanses his blood for some reason, instantly goes into a big "Here's my backstory" flashback sequence, finds out he was dumped, and kicks him out.  Umm ok...

Brian07663NJ
#193American Horror Story: Hotel
Posted: 10/22/15 at 9:24am

I did not see seasons 1-3 so I can only compare Hotel to last season's Freak Show.

I am trying really hard to keep an open mind but SO far the first 3 episodes are really a drag. The most interesting part is the backstory of the sadistic man who built the hotel with all the hidden torture rooms, halls, etc

Lady Gaga is merely playing herself...slow talking, barely dressed, little brain activity...she should stick to her music because that's when she shines.

Did enjoy the Kathy Bates moment with her son. That was a bit of a sad moment for her character.

I'll keep watching in the hope that it finally gets better.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#194American Horror Story: Hotel
Posted: 10/22/15 at 9:37am

I did laugh when  Angela Bassett immediately told Matt Bomer he could go when he said Gaga dumped him.

I also admire how Chloe Sevingy make make any line sound like she's in a 1900s farmstead drama.  

Updated On: 10/22/15 at 09:37 AM

EricMontreal22
#195American Horror Story: Hotel
Posted: 10/30/15 at 8:04pm

So am I the only one still watching?  No comments on their Halloween episode?

I admit--usually the AHS Halloween episodes are, at least, kinda fun...  This one, for me, wasn't.  Putting aside any arguments about taste in having the dinner table of past serial killers--because obviously there's no point in arguing one way or the other there--it was disappointing for what it was trying to do, I thought.  The Zodiak Killer was a joke (was it meant to look like a bad Hallowe'en costume or was it meant to be taken seriously?)  I thought all of the actors did well enough impersonating their killers, but what was the point?  The main killer (what's his name...) wanted apparently to initiate the police guy (what's his name...) into his world because he saw something there--but it was never explained what he saw there.  It would have made more sense for them to have invited Finn Whitrock's character (what's his name...) and there seemed to be zero payoff, though next week's preview at least shows that he tries to get them to rip up the walls (which, I am sure, will just show nothing is there.)

Alex, his wife, has already decided that seeing her son, even as a dog eating zombie kid, means more to her than anything ever has, doesn't think to call her husband, or check on her daughter, and is willing to become a vampire.  Y'know, cuz.  It's amazing how this show's plots work in fits and pauses--nothing happens, and then plot points are completely sped up.  She seems to be convinced by Gaga saying that she only preys on children who are neglected--y'know, like when a dad puts his son on a carousel, turns around to answer a phone call, turns back again and his son is gone (though clearly walking away in a sort of Death in Venice homage with a woman in black with a parasol,) and that's NEGLECT.

I am liking more and more the Moroder-esque soundtrack though.  And umm...  Lily Rabe was actually pretty good?

FindingNamo
#196American Horror Story: Hotel
Posted: 10/30/15 at 8:12pm

I'm still watching and appreciating some individual components.  Some performances.  Some design.  But it's all really just Mr. Karp's funeral at this point.  Then again, I'm not sure the viewer is supposed to feel anything.

Lily Rabe was quite good as Charlize Theron as Aileen Wournos, I thought.  But yeah, matters like thinking of relatives of those serial killer victims who are alive to view this (but they probably have more sense than me) seem to be not something considered.  That episode was written by Jennifer Salt.  I DID like Twisty being cast as Gacy.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Hamilton22 Profile Photo
Hamilton22
#197American Horror Story: Hotel
Posted: 10/31/15 at 1:06am

Evan Peters is the only reason to watch this season. His character is the only captivating thing onscreen.  Gaga is boring me to tears. I'll keep watching though.

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#198American Horror Story: Hotel
Posted: 11/1/15 at 12:18am

Well I won't. The only good thing has been are so many throw away references to other fantasy/horror et all that counting them has kept me going but now even that's become too BOO-ring.  Now these are fun lyrics for horror/fantasy

The Borgias are having an orgy; 
There’s a Borgia orgy tonight, 
And isn’t it sickening 
We’ve run out of Strychnine; 
The gravy will have to have ground glass for thickening.

The poison Chianti is terribly scanty 
But everything else is all right. 
There’s ars’nic mixed in the mock turtle soup. 
I’ve hidden an asp in the iced cantaloupe, 
And straight Benzedrine in the apricot coupe 
At the Borgia orgy tonight.

Our guests are exclusively chosen 
From people who give us a pain. 
The crème of the joke is the knowledge 
That they won’t come here again.

We’ll all be most frightfully hearty 
For the Duke’s eldest son 
There’s a monstrous cream bun 
Soaked in hot prussic acid; 
It’s all good clean fun.

The tank in the ladies will blow them to Hades 
If anyone turns on the light. 
The bodies will fall through a trap door below 
To the Tiber and drift out to sea on the flow. 
We think we can promise a jolly good show 

We revel in giving a party, 
A fete or a fancy dress ball. 
There’s always a nice game of bingo 
And a good time had by all.

The Borgias are giving an orgy; 
There’s a Borgia orgy tonight. 
I’ve poison ptomaine that will wrack them with pain. 
We’ve nothing to lose and a whole lot to gain.

We’re pushing some people 
We know off a steeple; 
It should be a wonderful sight. 
We’ve bricked up some cousins of ours in a wall; 
Their agonized cries won’t disturb us at all 
As we sit here sipping our wormwood and gall— 
(It’s delicious!) 
At the Borgia Orgy tonight.

We’ve got all the nobles of Naples 
For the Borgia orgy tonight. 
The soup minestrone is frightfully phony, 
And laudanum reeks in the stewed macaroni. 
We’re feeling no pain when they eat the henbane 
In the third tangerine from the right.

When the butler flings open the dining room door 
There’s a cunning contraption concealed in the floor; 
We wonder who’ll sit on the circular saw 

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#199American Horror Story: Hotel
Posted: 11/1/15 at 6:50pm

Namo, your Mr. Karp quote is perfect. I feel nothing-I just watch. I'm not scared, not shocked, not moved. Nothing. No idea what they are going for? How are rating? Will this series get renewed? 

I am loving it solely for getting an opportunity to see Mare Winningham do anything. She's wonderful. Also, Sarah Paulson makes me happy. Other than that, nope. 

Videos