#2I Just Wanna *bleep* Dance!
Posted: 1/14/14 at 12:20am

And here's the version with Movie clips

"Two drifters off to see the world. There's such a lot of world to see. . ."

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#2I Just Wanna *bleep* Dance!
Posted: 1/14/14 at 12:32am

Don't you just want to dance around the room now?

We need more dancing here.

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#3I Just Wanna *bleep* Dance!
Posted: 1/14/14 at 6:18am

Kudos to whoever edited the version with all the movie clips! Makes me wish I lived in a world where dancing in unison was the norm. The world would be a much better place.

...and kudos to you Addy for sharing and spreading the joy!

MrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
#4I Just Wanna *bleep* Dance!
Posted: 1/14/14 at 6:21am

~when the night falls / my loneliness calls~

"The gods who nurse this universe think little of mortals' cares. They sit in crowds on exclusive clouds and laugh at our love affairs. I might have had a real romance if they'd given me a chance. I loved him, but he didn't love me. I wanted him, but he didn't want me. Then the gods had a spree and indulged in another whim. Now he loves me, but I don't love him." - Cole Porter

rosscoe(au) Profile Photo
rosscoe(au)
#5I Just Wanna *bleep* Dance!
Posted: 1/14/14 at 6:49am

Can any one name them all if they started for the first one?

Chicago

Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#6I Just Wanna *bleep* Dance!
Posted: 1/14/14 at 7:32am

That would be a great list to put together. When I first came across these videos, a few years ago, someone posted the order of shows/films in the clips in the YouTube comments. Unfortunately, that link no longer seems to exist.

I'll bet we're up to the task!

CarlosAlberto
#7I Just Wanna *bleep* Dance!
Posted: 1/14/14 at 7:33am

@roscoe (au): Are you talking about the movie clip version of the song? If so, then wouldn't the first one be The Sound of Music?

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#8I Just Wanna *bleep* Dance!
Posted: 1/14/14 at 7:36am

I think he is talking about the Broadway clip video.

(And, as I recall, many of the clips were from Tony or other performances of the shows, instead of a film clip of the actual show).

Updated On: 1/14/14 at 07:36 AM

CarlosAlberto
#9I Just Wanna *bleep* Dance!
Posted: 1/14/14 at 7:45am

Oh okay. My mistake. I didn't get to see that one yet. Thanks. I'll give it a spin. I Just Wanna *bleep* Dance!

doodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
#10I Just Wanna *bleep* Dance!
Posted: 1/14/14 at 10:25am

Alison Jiear is a f***ing genius. I cant remember someone who gave me chills like that the first time I heard them.

Her track from the opera is probably the most listed to on my ipod.

Thanks for posting!

"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS

CarlosAlberto
#11I Just Wanna *bleep* Dance!
Posted: 1/14/14 at 10:35am

@doodle: I downloaded the song after seeing the video. It was the theme song to my morning commute and made it that much more bearable.

doodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
#12I Just Wanna *bleep* Dance!
Posted: 1/14/14 at 11:12am

The original sweet/sad/joyous version by Alison, for which she won the Olivier Award:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zW8gQjNkBcY

"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

Addison D. Profile Photo
Addison D.
#13I Just Wanna *bleep* Dance!
Posted: 1/14/14 at 11:42am

Did Alison Jiear perform on the 'Being Julia' soundtrack? I'm almost certain it's the same name.

If so, her 'Smoke Gets in your Eyes' from that film just slayed me. I bought her then-current album, which, if I recall correctly, I had to order from a small-ish UK distributor. Well worth the effort; it was/is excellent.

She has since fallen off my radar--I will have to fire up the Google and the iTunes and get caught up.

You think, what do you want? You think, make a decision...

doodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
#14I Just Wanna *bleep* Dance!
Posted: 1/14/14 at 12:01pm

Yes, Addison, that's her!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42xD72trJ_s

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#15I Just Wanna *bleep* Dance!
Posted: 1/14/14 at 8:41pm

I still wish this show(Jerry Springer: The Opera) would come over to the US in some way(tour, off-Broadway, Broadway).

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#16I Just Wanna *bleep* Dance!
Posted: 1/14/14 at 9:07pm

doodle, I've been looking for the version from the Opera. Thank you!!

Brilliant performance.

somethingbypuccini 2 Profile Photo
somethingbypuccini 2
#17I Just Wanna *bleep* Dance!
Posted: 1/14/14 at 10:49pm

I love her performance in Jerry Springer so much. Beautiful acting, and that voice.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#18I Just Wanna *bleep* Dance!
Posted: 1/14/14 at 11:00pm

This was the "song of the summer" a few years ago when we were in Provincetown. The beloved DJ Maryalice who still plays the late-afternoon/early-evening tea dance, on the harbor as the sun sets, would play the extended version at least once an evening. And everyone would crowd onto the dance floor--gay men, lesbians, straight couples--and throw their hands up in the air and sing along, especially the mock-self-pitying "Things are going bad for me. / I am feeling sad for me" and "I'm tired of laughing and I'm tired of crying, / I'm tired of failing and I'm tired of all this trying," as it sailed slowly into the jubilant "I...just...wanna...F*CK...ing...dance!"

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#19I Just Wanna *bleep* Dance!
Posted: 1/14/14 at 11:49pm

I love that.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#20I Just Wanna *bleep* Dance!
Posted: 1/15/14 at 7:58am

It was therapeutic.

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#21I Just Wanna *bleep* Dance!
Posted: 1/15/14 at 1:25pm

This song is SO good, on SO many levels!

It's like a 7 layer dip, or a trifle!

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

Scripps2 Profile Photo
Scripps2
#22I Just Wanna *bleep* Dance!
Posted: 1/15/14 at 1:53pm

I had no idea there was a Broadway version of this - thank you for sharing.

Alison does a riveting and unforgettable version of Another Hundred People as well; I don't know if she's ever recorded it, I've only heard her sing it live.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#23I Just Wanna *bleep* Dance!
Posted: 1/16/14 at 10:35am

It wasn't Broadway, it was the West End. The show never came over to the US.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Scripps2 Profile Photo
Scripps2
#24I Just Wanna *bleep* Dance!
Posted: 1/16/14 at 2:36pm

I was referring to the dance video linked at the top of thread rather than "Jerry Spring The Opera" itself.

Videos