"NYC Prep" on Bravo

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#1"NYC Prep" on Bravo
Posted: 6/23/09 at 9:56pm

Really?

REALLY?!

Who ARE these kids?
16? 17? They act like they're in their 20's!

I detest this.
And yet... I can't turn it off.

Anyone watching?

"Two drifters off to see the world. There's such a lot of world to see. . ."

taylorPHENOMENON2 Profile Photo
taylorPHENOMENON2
#2re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 6/23/09 at 10:06pm

I am thoroughly disgusted.

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#2re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 6/23/09 at 10:13pm

Where are their parents?!?

singtopher Profile Photo
singtopher
#3re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 6/23/09 at 10:15pm

Either working to afford such children, or getting plastic surgery.

"If this is going to be a Christian nation that doesn't help the poor, either we have to pretend that Jesus was just as selfish as we are, or we've got to acknowledge that He commanded us to love the poor and serve the needy without condition and then admit that we just don't want to do it." -Stephen Colbert

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#4re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 6/23/09 at 10:23pm

It's more fun when it's fictionalized on Gossip Girl. To know these types exist in real life is horrifying!

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

Perfectly Marvelous Profile Photo
Perfectly Marvelous
#5re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 6/23/09 at 10:34pm

Oh gosh, I could barely get through the preview.

And besides, I had such a headache from watching the Jersey girls reunion that I was afraid if I watched NYC Prep then it was only going to get worse.

All I can say, however, judging from the preview - that blonde girl is annoying, that Sebastian kid really isn't as awesome as he thinks he is, and WTF RANDOM PUBLIC SCHOOL GIRL?

Also, WTF GIRL WHOSE PARENTS LIVE IN THE HAMPTONS?

"I am and always will be the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes and dreamer of improbable dreams." - Doctor Who

"Yes, the brutalities of progress are called revolutions. When they are over, men recognize that the human race has been harshly treated but it has moved forward." - Les Miserables

MotorTink Profile Photo
MotorTink
#6re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 6/23/09 at 10:42pm

yeah I LOVE Gossip Girl - this is just annoying

BroadwayBoobs: I'll give all of you who weren't there a hint of who took the pictures ...it rhymes with shameless

SOMMS: I knew it was Tink!

degrassifan
#7re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 6/23/09 at 11:00pm

I liked it. I mean, it helps passes time. I hate that PC kid. Also, if Sebastian flips his hair one more time...

Out of the whole cast, I think Kelli & Camille are cool.

Honestly, I think they probably aren't like that in real life. They probably play it up for the camera.

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#8re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 6/23/09 at 11:02pm

I will not sleep until danmag checks in on this.....

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

taylorPHENOMENON2
#9re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 6/23/09 at 11:52pm

Every time I was like "oh there not so bad" they would do something ridiculous a few minutes later. Like that silly Sebastian child who is all about "hooking up".

mariusmyhomeboy Profile Photo
mariusmyhomeboy
#10re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 6/24/09 at 12:15am

I barely made it through 20 minutes. Cliche rich kids doing cliche things... no thanks.

Perfectly Marvelous: I know, right?! A 16 year old and her 18 year old brother in an apartment alone. Are parents really that stupid?

Your latest 7in sounds obscene unless you spin it at a 45.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#11re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 6/24/09 at 12:27am

Are parents really that stupid?

Yes.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#12re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 6/24/09 at 6:17am

I don't understand how they could go on national TV and admit they have fake IDs and drink underage. I don't care how much money they have to pay off people, can't they get in trouble for that?

Not to mention what their dumb parents must think.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611
Updated On: 6/24/09 at 06:17 AM

danmag Profile Photo
danmag
#13re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 6/24/09 at 8:16am

OK, that was like Gossip Girl on crack.

Sebastian is a hair-flipping douchebag. He looks like a pudgy Leif Garrett.

Jesse is like a 40 year old woman and I can totally picture PC as a balding investment banker....These kids are KIDS????

And wtf is up with the parents letting those kids live alone? And Camile is going to have an ulcer or an eating disorder by the time she's 18.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to get sucked into this trainwreck....

"This show had the WORST magnets on Broadway!"

supportivemom Profile Photo
supportivemom
#14re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 6/24/09 at 8:29am

danmag- I told my daughter that Sebastian reminded me of Leif Garrett- she said Who's that? She also said he wasn't as great as he thought he was either- she said he's probably more into guys and he hides that by being a playah! We both hated his hair flipping. We thought Camille looked like a fish- her eyes are so wide spread! The blonde girl looked like too much in-breeding to me! PC is definitely gay (not that there's anything wrong with that)

danmag Profile Photo
danmag
#15re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 6/24/09 at 8:33am

TOTALLY got the gay vibe from PC! And I thought Sebastian was such a tool - you just know he's gonna break the public school girl's heart. I see it coming from a mile away.

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#16re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 6/24/09 at 9:55am

Hmmm...I wonder if my wife and daughter are watching this. They usually try to hide the fact that they watch trash like this. I'll have to check the upstairs DVR; that's where they usually hide their 'stash' of trash recordings.

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

danmag Profile Photo
danmag
#17re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 6/24/09 at 10:03am

Sebastian WISHES he were this hot....lol

re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo

lol, that used to be a picture of Leif Garrett!!

Updated On: 7/1/09 at 10:03 AM

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#18re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 6/24/09 at 10:05am

I am totally sucked into this trainwreck.

Even though I detest everything about it.

taylorPHENOMENON2
#19re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 6/24/09 at 12:08pm

It's completely addicting. More fun than Gossip Girl for me!

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#20re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 6/24/09 at 12:18pm

It's more fun when it's fictionalized on Gossip Girl. To know these types exist in real life is horrifying!

That's precisely why I chose not to watch this show or any of the "Real Housewives". I like to think it is silly OTT dramatics. I really don't want proof that people actually behave this way. It makes me nauseous.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

nygrl232 Profile Photo
nygrl232
#21re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 6/24/09 at 12:50pm

Imagine a show about people behaving maturely and responsibly. Even just one episode. May not get watched much, but it'd be interesting to see how such a show would be produced and received.

dramatothemax Profile Photo
dramatothemax
#22re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 6/24/09 at 12:57pm

My favorite part is how they admit they're all sluts in the first episode. Something to the effect of, casual sex is all we do because dating is overrated. So trashy, I love it!

I mean, if someone tossed a closed bottle of water on me...I would be livid. Absolutely livid. hahahahah

colleen_lee
#23re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 6/24/09 at 1:19pm

At least on Gossip Girl the characters are attractive. This show is living proof that money can't buy beauty.

"You just can't win. Ever. Look at the bright side, at least you are not stuck in First Wives Club: The Musical. That would really suck. " --Sueleen Gay

danmag Profile Photo
danmag
#24re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 6/24/09 at 1:20pm

LOL, Colleen!! I was just thinking, they are not a very attractive bunch!

Videos