pixeltracker

RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!- Page 10

RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#225re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/31/05 at 1:55am

Yes, IdreamofRENT, haha, it is absolutely amazing!

Thanks again!

Tracie sounds fantastic. She's the only one I haven't heard too much about, but any fears I didn't even have to begin with are now gone. Jesse sounds great, too.

~Steven

FosseBoi
#226re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/31/05 at 1:56am

Is anyone else having trouble with this!? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*CRYS!!!!* I WANT TO SEE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!

"I've always secretly longed for an actress to get to the top of the cherry picker and projectile vomit all over the guards below."- Wonderwaiter in the "Defy Gravity?" thread. ~~~~~~~~My dream? Sutton Foster as Cassie in A Chorus Line

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#227re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/31/05 at 2:08am

Do you have AIM? PM me with your screenname if you do.

~Steven

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#228re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/31/05 at 2:08am

O you don't have AIM.
Ha.
Sorry.

~Steven

BroadwayGirl107 Profile Photo
BroadwayGirl107
#229re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/31/05 at 2:09am

Actually, based on this trailer...I think it could be a hit. I think they need to vary their ads a little; meaning they should use "La Vie Boheme" and "Rent" in some tailers as well. But I think this was a good one.

kitkatgirl54 Profile Photo
kitkatgirl54
#230re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/31/05 at 2:10am

yaay broadwaygirl, i'm glad. i kind of want to show it to my non-theater friends and ask what they think of it. i really want this movie to be a success!

whiskedaway Profile Photo
whiskedaway
#231re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/31/05 at 2:12am

I hope they don't go with the PHANTOM marketing campaign, where all the really did was advertise the name of the movie, and just kinda expect people to show up. I know this is a teaser, so its just supposed to give people a taste of what to expect, but I hope the later trailers and advertising focus a little more on the story, and not so much the music. I think that's where the PHANTOM marketing messed up. even though it is a musical...

kitkatgirl54 Profile Photo
kitkatgirl54
#232re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/31/05 at 2:14am

haha i agree .. playing 'masquerade' for a minute and a half isn't going to get anyone to do anything, let alone get up, pay 10.75, and see the damn movie.

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#233re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/31/05 at 2:18am

Agreed. I think that later trailers will show "funner" parts of the movie, I'm sure. Or at least feature songs that have more of a rock edge to get some more viewers. This is only the first teaser, so I'm excited to see what's to come. Plus, they haven't finished filming yet, have they?

~Steven

karlean7 Profile Photo
karlean7
#234re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/31/05 at 2:18am

I have seen it. And it's good.

I have a feeling that when I see it in the theaters, I may just die of joy.

[EDIT] And the cast is fabulous. Adam looks really, really hot (getting used to his Farrah hair), Tracie's solo is awesome, Jesse L. Martin's smiles could power NYC for days, and every time I see Wilson I get a little teary-eyed. I really just love his Angel. I don't think I'd ever really be satisfied with someone else.

I could go on, but why bother? Suffice to say, it makes me happy. So happy. So very, very happy. Updated On: 5/31/05 at 02:18 AM

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#235re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/31/05 at 2:19am

Haha, please don't die, karlean.
Although, I'm very excited to see it in theatres, too.

~Steven

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#236re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/31/05 at 2:31am

Adam's hair is fabulous. The end.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#237re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/31/05 at 2:32am

I agree, karlean.

I think what really gets me when I see the trailer is the Rent logo at the very end. Gosh, each time I see it, I get chills. It reminds me that, yes, this is actually happening, there's going to be a movie released based on the musical I love so much. The logo that flashes at the very end is like the stamp of approval for me. It's the original logo, and the movie's going to be a new media to experience the show, the same show I've grown to adore. I'm just so excited and overwhelmed.

~Steven

musicnmath
#238re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/31/05 at 2:33am

Wow. Just saw it. Random thoughts:

- I can't believe how many scene clips we got to see crammed into those 2 minutes!
- The scene where Angel takes off her wig is haunting. Just goes to show that we're going to have some beautiful re-imaginings of the material!
- Tracie sounded great! I didn't really have any expectations of her one way or the other, but she sounded beautiful on the Seasons of Love solo.
- I love that the Seasons of Love line-up is still there. I'm open to whatever Chris wants to do with "staging", but I've always found the line of characters across the stage to be so elegant in its simplicity. And of course it works so beautifully with the reprise of ICY with Angel's absence. yay!

Somehow seeing a trailer with the "Revolution Studios" bit and the "coming this fall" part makes it all the more real! I agree that future trailers will hopefully focus on La Vie Boheme or more uptempo parts of the score. We get to look forward to each of those other versions between now and November!

IdreamofRENT
#239re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/31/05 at 2:33am

well lol the transfers have finally stopped coming. Hope all of you liked it i cant wait for the movie, ahh so long from now! Well im off to bed, nite all!
~cher~

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#240re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/31/05 at 2:34am

Thanks again, Cher!

~Steven

musicnmath
#241re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/31/05 at 2:36am

Three (or more!) cheers for IdreamofRENT...who is allowing the rest of us to dream of RENT too re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!

::blows kisses::

Grabel
#242re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/31/05 at 2:37am

re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted On:5/30/05 at 04:13 PM

" but I want so badly to see Roger shooting up, and things like that."

Actually you see April and Roger in an alley shooting up in the trailer. Its really dark but you can see a hose around April's arm.:)

"only thing to do is jump!"

teth Profile Photo
teth
#243re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/31/05 at 2:45am

Err...would someone be so kind to send it to me too???

FosseBoi
#244re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/31/05 at 2:45am

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS! It still wont work!!!! I'm GOING TO DIE!!! I'VE GOT TO SEE THIS!! If someone can help me, PLEASE PM me!!!

"I've always secretly longed for an actress to get to the top of the cherry picker and projectile vomit all over the guards below."- Wonderwaiter in the "Defy Gravity?" thread. ~~~~~~~~My dream? Sutton Foster as Cassie in A Chorus Line

thespian geek Profile Photo
thespian geek
#245re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/31/05 at 2:46am

POTO's downfall was not only that the trailers focused almost strictly on the music, but that they expected people to come see it just because of it's title and the fact that the musical had been turned into a movie.

RENT is going to have to work hard at thier marketing, because not only is it a show that tons of people still don't know or have seen (though I'm sure most have heard of it) - so the story isn't all that familiar - but it doesn't have any big names in it. Unless you count Taye and Rosario.

The Producers is going to have a big advantage over RENT when it comes to marketing, because they have Nathan Lane and Matthew Broderick. They'll be like the Chicago of this year, but hopefully not when it comes to awards season..!

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#246re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/31/05 at 2:51am

FosseBoi, what's your problem? What's wrong?

~Steven

DTBG2
#247re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/31/05 at 2:58am

LMAO @ HeyMrMusic

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#248re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/31/05 at 3:00am

O no, I meant that in a nice way, haha.
Oops.

~Steven

Becky
#249re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/31/05 at 3:00am

Count me in as one of those without AIM, so if anyone can send over email - send me a PM as well.

Videos