BwayDude2
#250re: Your Worst Musical Ideas
Posted: 4/18/15 at 6:38pm

Full House The Musical!

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#251re: Your Worst Musical Ideas
Posted: 4/18/15 at 11:34pm

Its not really a full musical its more of an addition to a musical. At the end of the W&I elphaba should continue singing  "I will always love you" It would fit perfectly!

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

SharksVsJets
#253re: Your Worst Musical Ideas
Posted: 8/27/17 at 3:24pm

2 Hours, 34 minutes, 33 seconds: The John Cage Musical. The order of the scenes would be determined by chance operations. The actors would not speak, sing or dance. 

10086Sundays
#254re: Your Worst Musical Ideas
Posted: 8/27/17 at 3:28pm

The Emoji Musical

Jarethan
#255re: Your Worst Musical Ideas
Posted: 8/27/17 at 6:35pm

A musical telling the story of a rich, self-promoting, meglo-maniacal Fascist who is somehow elected President of the United States.  Its big production numbers include 'Make America Great Again', 'Round Up The Mexicans', and the big tap number that closes Act 1, entitled 'We're Starting on the Wall'.  The tender love song is titled Ivanka and is sung by the Fascist himself as a remembrance of a lost love.  The 'Round Up' number is reprised several times throughout the show, once as 'Muslims', once as 'LGBTQs', once as 'Whoever I'm Pissed at Today'.

Each night the audience votes on the ending and roughly 35% of the time, the protagonist ascends to heaven as the curtain goes down, while at the same time a deluge drowns a symbolic representation of the very people who voted for his ascent, since there is clearly no point of their living without him.  Very Brechtian.

65% of the time, he lands in Hell, in a number that combines aspects of the Mormon Hell number from BOM and the City on Fire number from Sweeney Todd.  

The publicity the show receives -- much in the form of unsolicited tweets -- does not help to sell tickets, since people are not up for a 'Reality Musical' that hits a little too close to home, much like the failed attempts in the 70s to satirize Richard Nixon.  Cant even remember the names of those shows, although I think one played the Shubert.

PatrickDC Profile Photo
PatrickDC
#256re: Your Worst Musical Ideas
Posted: 8/28/17 at 3:31am

brdway411 said: "Jim Jones, The Musical...Kool Aide anyone???"

Actually, in the right hands, this could be done as an opera, similar to Jake Heege's opera about Dead Man Walking and the opera about Harvey Milk. A traditional Broadway musical probably wouldn't work. 

Jonestown is a fascinating story, how one man can get hundreds to follow him to a foreign jungle and make them commit suicide. 

Updated On: 8/28/17 at 03:31 AM

Abbade
#257re: Your Worst Musical Ideas
Posted: 8/28/17 at 8:40am

Scott Pilgrim: The Musical!

Each ex-boyfriend is a music style that matches his personality.

I can easily imagine Tim Minchin doing songs for this.

bwayobsessed
#258re: Your Worst Musical Ideas
Posted: 8/28/17 at 10:48am

A seven act game of thrones (that covers the first five seasons)

lady_luck Profile Photo
lady_luck
#260re: Your Worst Musical Ideas
Posted: 8/28/17 at 2:18pm

ALF: The Musical Journey of a Loveable Alien

The production would of course heavily feature puppets,rad 80s outfits, and fog machines.

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#261re: Your Worst Musical Ideas
Posted: 8/28/17 at 2:38pm

Wheel of Fortune consisting entirely of musical classics such as Luck Be a Lady Tonight, Why We Like Spelling and others. Perhaps its most novel concept is only the parts of Vanna and Pat are played by Broadway veterans (who, by contract, must play their parts either until they die or the musical ends its run). The rest of the cast is randomly selected from the audience. 

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#262re: Your Worst Musical Ideas
Posted: 8/28/17 at 2:38pm

Wheel of Fortune consisting entirely of musical classics such as Luck Be a Lady Tonight, Why We Like Spelling and others. Perhaps its most novel concept is only the parts of Vanna and Pat are played by Broadway veterans (who, by contract, must play their parts either until they die or the musical ends its run). The rest of the cast is randomly selected from the audience. 

TheThreadMaster Profile Photo
TheThreadMaster
#263re: Your Worst Musical Ideas
Posted: 8/28/17 at 2:44pm

Dogs

The Otter King

James2 Profile Photo
James2
#264re: Your Worst Musical Ideas
Posted: 8/29/17 at 9:05am

Danny Phantom: The Musical

My avatar = A screencap from Avatar, arguably the greatest animated show of all

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#265re: Your Worst Musical Ideas
Posted: 8/29/17 at 9:56am

David S. Pumpkins

coreman009
#266re: Your Worst Musical Ideas
Posted: 8/29/17 at 2:39pm

Miles2Go2 said: "David S. Pumpkins

"

Wait though I would 100% be on board with David S. Pumpkins the musical if Tom Hanks was starring. 

a12la
#268re: Your Worst Musical Ideas
Posted: 10/11/18 at 12:20am

Abbade said: "Scott Pilgrim: The Musical!

Each ex-boyfriend is a music style that matches his personality.

I can easily imagine Tim Minchin doing songs for this.
"

Scott Pilgrim is already basically a musical.

Videos