pixeltracker

FINDING NEVERLAND Previews- Page 12

FINDING NEVERLAND Previews

Copperfield2
#275FINDING NEVERLAND Previews
Posted: 3/30/15 at 1:13am

When Your Feet Don't Touch the Ground was my favorite song when I saw the show in Cambridge.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#276FINDING NEVERLAND Previews
Posted: 3/30/15 at 5:49am

I liked the dog, too, and many others that did as well. While in less enthused by the changes people are talking about, in still looking forward to this -- two more weeks.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Bilbo3 Profile Photo
Bilbo3
#277FINDING NEVERLAND Previews
Posted: 3/30/15 at 6:51am

"Apparently Weinstein continued the firing spree, with the music director getting the ax this week. Who will be next to walk the plank?"

Still waiting on a link or one shred of evidence.

Countdown til Jordan comes on raging about how much loves me! 3..2..1...

dramamama611
#278FINDING NEVERLAND Previews
Posted: 3/30/15 at 7:04am

To be fair, that post was made near midnight, the poster may not have even come back since then.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Bilbo3 Profile Photo
Bilbo3
#279FINDING NEVERLAND Previews
Posted: 3/30/15 at 7:32am

True. The poster also joined this month..

Countdown til Jordan comes on raging about how much loves me! 3..2..1...

CarlAlan610
#280FINDING NEVERLAND Previews
Posted: 3/30/15 at 7:36am

I liked the furniture number because it developed Mary and also showed their was a break in the relationship when he said "Mary Im trying to talk to you!". Mary is not developed at all.

When Your Feet... is a great song, I just liked having the show end with All That Matters because it was Sylvia's song and she is not longer there.

Mattbrain
#281FINDING NEVERLAND Previews
Posted: 3/30/15 at 11:50am

Y'know, I just wanna bring up something totally random. Jeremy Jordan and Michael McGrath are both nominated for IRNEs here in Massachusetts for this show (it's our local Tonys basically). How awesome/biggest in-yo-face to Harvey Weinstein would it be if they won?

Just putting that out there.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

CarlAlan610
#282FINDING NEVERLAND Previews
Posted: 3/30/15 at 12:04pm

That would be amazing - esp. because there is NO WAY Morrison will win the Tony - he will be lucky to be nominated.

Back Row
#283FINDING NEVERLAND Previews
Posted: 3/30/15 at 12:51pm

You have to figure that Michael Ceveris, Brian d'Arcy James and Rob McClure would be the front runners for the Tony. The other nominees would come from a list that includes Morrison, Ken Watanabe, Peter Gallagher, Tony Yazbeck, Robert Fairchild and Roger Rees, among others. You never know about the politics in these situations, but a Morrison nomination looks to be at best a 50/50 possibility among that group.

neonlightsxo
#284FINDING NEVERLAND Previews
Posted: 3/30/15 at 1:14pm

Rob McClure is not a front runner for the Tony. At least, not on this planet.

rcwr Profile Photo
rcwr
#285FINDING NEVERLAND Previews
Posted: 3/30/15 at 1:34pm

Mattbrain, thanks for saying that -- I have to admit I've lived here my whole life and didn't know about the IRNEs! Have you been to their ceremony? What's it like?

Mattbrain
#286FINDING NEVERLAND Previews
Posted: 3/30/15 at 1:41pm

Well first and foremost, the ceremony is long. Like, really long. They keep the bar open so people are literally getting up to get drinks while the categories are being announced. So yeah, it's kind of a hot mess. But speaking from experience, you get to meet up with old friends and occasionally, you even see a Broadway notable. Megan McGinnis was there two years ago and won for Daddy Long Legs so naturally I texted my friend Jessy who's a huge Little Women fan.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

JPeterman Profile Photo
JPeterman
#287FINDING NEVERLAND Previews
Posted: 3/30/15 at 7:32pm

Warning .... avoid seats in the first couple rows of the orchestra .... the stage is set fairly high. I was in the 5th row and I think the 4th or 5th would be as close as I would want to be with the stage height.

jenhum
#288FINDING NEVERLAND Previews
Posted: 3/31/15 at 3:19pm

Seating question for those that have been in the Lunt Fontanne- I am looking at tickets for myself and my daughter (6). I am leaning toward front or second row mezz- is the railing too high for a small person to see over on the first row? Other options would be row Q side orchestra on the inside aisle, or closer (row F-H) side orchestra in the middle.

MorningGlow2 Profile Photo
MorningGlow2
#289FINDING NEVERLAND Previews
Posted: 4/2/15 at 10:35am

@jenhum - Sat in front row mezz house left the other night and the railing isn't that bad from my experience. Second row mezz will be a safer bet though. The view is great from up there.

As for the show itself though, I was unimpressed and agree mostly with @Whizzer here. Lot's of story potential with great actors, but a set/light/costume design not to my taste and the direction was...meh.

Kind of reminded me of Big Fish.

Green_Flash
#290FINDING NEVERLAND Previews
Posted: 4/2/15 at 10:42am

I agree w/morninglow.  The story, direction, and songs were all a bit generic, so I see the comparison to big fish.  Save for a couple of cool staging moments, I left nonplussed.

rocker05
#291FINDING NEVERLAND Previews
Posted: 4/2/15 at 10:55am

I saw the show last night and I completely agree. In my opinion, it was a complete mess. Almost every joke fell flat with the exception of the joke about fairies which had a huge response. The group of loud teens behind me didn't help with their obnoxious commentary throughout the show. So much talent up on that stage but they have nothing to work with. Maybe one or two memorable songs. It was the first show I ever considered walking out of during intermission. Very disappointed.

Updated On: 4/2/15 at 10:55 AM

hanabana
#292FINDING NEVERLAND Previews
Posted: 4/2/15 at 1:05pm

I did not want to start a entire new thread on this, so I'm borrowing this thread, sorry if it causes anyone inconvenience.  Does anyone happen to have an extra playbill for Finding Neverland that they can spare?  Some of my friends are considering seeing the show, and there is someone who requires special need in their party.  They are hoping to get a playbill beforehand so they can first familiarize themselves with as much as they can (the musical numbers, scenes, whatnot).  I did not see this yet so do not have one, and thought I'd try here.  I would, of course, cover any postage expenses.  Please pm me if anyone can help.  Much appreciated!

skeetshooter
#293FINDING NEVERLAND Previews
Posted: 4/2/15 at 4:51pm

Do you think producer Harvey Weinstein will make an appearance on Opening Night?  Or will he keep hiding out and give the cast a break?

Otherwise the evening's press might become all about him and the scandal about the Italian model which wouldn't be fair to the show or the cast.

If his wife appears with him it would remind me of that poor wife of Elliot Spitzer who stood by him despite the shame and embarrassment.  Come to think of it, they're divorced now, what a rotten situation that was for her.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#294FINDING NEVERLAND Previews
Posted: 4/2/15 at 5:26pm

After all he's been through with this show, I'm sure he'll be there.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/05/theater/after-turbulent-flight-finding-neverland-alights-on-broadway.html

CarlAlan610
#295FINDING NEVERLAND Previews
Posted: 4/3/15 at 6:49pm

That article makes me CRAZY! Weinstein's wife thought Morrison had more "sex appeal"?! I guess she needs eye candy where she can get it. What about the fact that Morrison isn't half as talented as Jordan?!? 

dramamama611
#296FINDING NEVERLAND Previews
Posted: 4/3/15 at 7:08pm

That's strictly a matter of opinion..

Sunny11
#297FINDING NEVERLAND Previews
Posted: 4/3/15 at 7:14pm

Rave review from a London critic

http://linkis.com/britishtheatre.com/r/cnmNM

Updated On: 4/3/15 at 07:14 PM

CarlAlan610
#298FINDING NEVERLAND Previews
Posted: 4/3/15 at 7:16pm

Maybe it is - but anyone who knows anything about theater would agree. I saw the show in Boston and on Broadway - he does not have half the vocal power Jordan did or the charisma. He was dreadful. I do not care what one critic in London says. If I had not seen Jordan maybe I would have liked Morrison's performance better. 

Updated On: 4/3/15 at 07:16 PM

skies Profile Photo
skies
#299FINDING NEVERLAND Previews
Posted: 4/3/15 at 7:22pm

"Anybody who knows theater" emcompasses a whole range of people who can disagree wildly about shows and individual performers, just saying.

Not some monolithic block.

"when I’m on stage I see the abyss and have to overcome it by telling myself it’s only a play." - Helen Mirren

Videos