pixeltracker

Hamilton Cancellation Line- Page 128

Hamilton Cancellation Line

aaaaaa15
#3175Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/6/16 at 6:44pm

Please let them get rid of this ridiculous line now.

NeverPlan
#3176Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/6/16 at 6:51pm

The cop is stationed here and usually has regulars that are in charge.  There were 2 teen agers who camped out and the 40 year old woman with 2 kids cut in front of them after the lottery/2pm show and wouldn't budge.

Then the box office people came out and were like who are the first 20 and it became madness.  These 2 girls are crying and those people aren't moving.

The cop says the theater and box office are tired of this mess since up until a month ago it was working and they've been having increasing cases of stuff like this.

BroadwayFan2
#3177Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/6/16 at 7:24pm

To bad this happened. I am sure everything would have returned to normal after July 9th.

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#3178Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/6/16 at 7:41pm

Definitely sounds like an alternative needs to take place. I feel bad for the people who wait in an orderly fashion. Too bad there are always entitled f*cks out there to mess things up. 

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

daijop
#3179Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/6/16 at 7:52pm

I'm at the theater right now I see a cancellation line

CercleRouge Profile Photo
CercleRouge
#3180Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/6/16 at 8:25pm

Damn, Lin isn't performing in the matinee tomorrow.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#3181Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/6/16 at 9:13pm

CercleRouge said: "Damn, Lin isn't performing in the matinee tomorrow."

Where'd you hear this?

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Hairspray0901
#3182Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/6/16 at 9:19pm

• LizzieCurry said: "
    "Damn, Lin isn't performing in the matinee tomorrow.CercleRouge said: "

Where'd you hear this?

"

Lin tweeted: https://twitter.com/lin_manuel/status/750829512280174596

LizzieCurry
#3183Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/6/16 at 9:20pm

Thanks! I like it when people include links!

sarahb22 Profile Photo
sarahb22
#3184Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/6/16 at 9:21pm

LizzieCurry said: "CercleRouge said: "Damn, Lin isn't performing in the matinee tomorrow."

Where'd you hear this?
"

Lin posted about it on his Twitter:

Lin-Manuel Miranda Retweeted Cooper Lando

Just 8 pm tomorrow, and every show thereafter this week.

Lin-Manuel Miranda added,

Hellob Profile Photo
Hellob
#3185Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/6/16 at 9:28pm

I noticed a few of the Twitter replies said DAB, what does that mean? I only heard the word as weed related slang and the regular definition. 

LizzieCurry
#3186Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/6/16 at 9:30pm

Dab

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dab_(dance)

Hellob Profile Photo
Hellob
#3187Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/6/16 at 10:10pm

LizzieCurry said: "Dab

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dab_(dance)

"

That doesn't make sense in the responses, either. 

LizzieCurry
#3188Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/6/16 at 10:21pm

They want him to dab. That's really all it is. People ask celebs to do that now. It's annoying. But not sure if it's worse than its similar word, "Dad."

Hellob Profile Photo
Hellob
#3189Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/6/16 at 10:25pm

Lol, they are asking him to dance? Omg, how stupid. I'm going to have to google how this is a thing! I've never heard of it. Thanks!

LizzieCurry
#3190Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/6/16 at 10:38pm

It's more of a pose than an actual dance.

https://www.google.com/search?q=dab+move&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwihieSuqeDNAhWJaz4KHRQPB3QQsAQIKw&biw=1400&bih=778

MyFavoriteBrunette Profile Photo
MyFavoriteBrunette
#3191Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/6/16 at 10:59pm

aaaaaa15 said: "Please let them get rid of this ridiculous line now."

I would think there won't be the crazy demand after 8pm this Saturday.  

Since so much of the orchestra is designated premium seating at $849 in the latest block of seats that were sold for Feb-May 2017, would that mean that any seats offered to the cancellation line starting in February be that price?  $849?  If so, I can't imagine the theater having dozens lining up at that price.  

The draw right now is the price and the cast.  I think mainly the price.  I did the line because heck! $177!  But ended up with resale(s).  

If the cancellation tickets were $849 right now, I know people would still line up for the cast but maybe a lot of  younger people out there wouldn't be camping out since that amount would be more than they'd wanna spend.

Martin4au
#3192Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/6/16 at 11:50pm

^ Totally agree cancellation line is for people with more time than money. If the tickets in the cancellation line go to $850 the line will dwindle! Maybe a few waiting for unclaimed Lottery,  but that is such a gamble. I needed 2 tickets, $400 was a stretch for me, but I was maxed with all the vacation I could have so needed to use it so line was best option. And so glad I went before summer started, I knew was going to get worse, but not a 3-4 day wait - wow!

ampi2 Profile Photo
ampi2
#3193Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/7/16 at 12:03am

I wonder how the line is going to be in September, do you think after July 9th things won't be as crazy? I may give it a try when I'm there.

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#3194Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/7/16 at 12:05am

Are Christopher Jackson and Daveed Diggs out this week?

i would have thought they'd have as many of the leads as possible for Lin's final week.   

Any other notable news?

"Two drifters off to see the world. There's such a lot of world to see. . ."

aaaaaa15
#3195Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/7/16 at 12:07am

My personal opinion is that even if this line dwindles from a 4-night wait to a 1-night wait, that's still too much hassle for the theatre to be dealing with. The issue at this point is not how long people are waiting but that the line has to be moved at certain times and when they come back there are disputes as to who should be given first priority. These issues wont go away unless the line went down to a wait of a few hours which doesn't seem like it will be happening anytime soon.

MyFavoriteBrunette Profile Photo
MyFavoriteBrunette
#3196Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/7/16 at 12:44am

aaaaaa15 said: These issues wont go away unless the line went down to a wait of a few hours which doesn't seem like it will be happening anytime soon. 

The issues wouldn't exist if the rules posted in May were just adhered to (no holding) and if the theater just went the extra mile and enforced it.  The rule should have included only one person per two ticket party allowed in the line and anyone who leaves the line for food, bathroom, cell phone charging, any reason forfeits their place in line and must proceed to the back of the line, there wouldn't have been the crazy hours of wait.  That system worked really well in my junior high school cafeteria when we lined up for lunch.  We were hangry and we were gonna obey, LOL!  And anyone who held a spot or left the line to chat with a classmate, oh we were all over them to go to the back.  We were hangry! 

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#3197Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/7/16 at 1:18am

NYadgal said: "Are Christopher Jackson and Daveed Diggs out this week?

i would have thought they'd have as many of the leads as possible for Lin's final week.   

Any other notable news?

"

I was there tonight and Diggs was out but Jackson was in. I finally won the lottery. :)

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.

dshnookie Profile Photo
dshnookie
#3198Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/7/16 at 2:41am

I'm sure it's been said before but can't they just throw these cancellation tickets back on Ticketmaster - it's not like people aren't already glued to their computer screens hoping for price reduction in the reseller tickets. Understand that by a certain time Ticketmaster (maybe 1hr or 30min before showtime) stops accepting orders but frankly, Hamilton will just have to go with a few unsold tickets if they can't implement/inforce better policies. :)

lafayettelove
#3199Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/7/16 at 3:09am

Huss417 said: "NYadgal said: "Are Christopher Jackson and Daveed Diggs out this week?

Any other notable news?

"

I was there tonight and Diggs was out but Jackson was in. I finally won the lottery. :)

"

That's sick!!!! Was it email or in person?? If email please post a pic of what it says when you win!!

Videos