pixeltracker

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread- Page 13

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread

AlanR2 Profile Photo
AlanR2
#300Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/9/18 at 9:24pm

I got a similar response.  They didn't say if J 26-32 were the last 4 seats (but they must be) but did say that they were great seats and I would be able to see everything.  We'll see as well.

Looks like the premium price covered all but the last 4 seats on the side, which went for $199 in the orchestra front. Unbelievable that they cleaned up and sold out 1 years worth of seats (excepting house seats) in 2 days.  Even with Hamilton, there was some time to obtain reasonable seats.  In spite of the abusive cost, I am glad I got them.  Otherwise there would be no way to see this show...for a LONG time!

bfreak
#301Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/9/18 at 9:43pm

I got J 31 which I'm assuming is on the end, but I'm hopeful that they're not obstructing. I'm thinking they probably removed the center section to make sure most if not all seats were not obstructed. I'm just happy to be seeing the show! All will be well with everything! :)

Updated On: 2/9/18 at 09:43 PM

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#302Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/9/18 at 9:46pm

CT2NYC said: "There's 1 premium ticket available on Ticketmaster for Sunday, April 8. Dress circle F 124, $578 for both parts, $610.50 with fees."

This ticket is still available. Considering that it appears to be one of the only seats showing up until September, I'm surprised someone hasn't picked it up yet, even if it is overpriced.

Danielle49
#303Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/9/18 at 10:34pm

I was scrolling through dates for the next year, skipping June and July, and found quite a few dates with availability, but none in my price range (everything was $165+ per part). I was only looking for singles though. If anyone is interested and is willing to comb through dates, you could probably grab a single for both parts for around $350. CT2NYC is right that there isn't much til the fall. Prior to September, I found that $600 one in April, and a few in August.

AmeliaBedelia
#304Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/10/18 at 10:28pm

If you're looking for the lower price range tickets, keep checking Ticketmaster. I've been checking twice a day for the past couple days and just found a $40 orchestra seat in September that I guess someone had just returned. Especially over the next few days, I have a feeling people will start returning seats as they look at schedules, consider travel options, discuss with friends who bought tickets as well, etc.

Danielle49
#305Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/10/18 at 10:43pm

Wow you got lucky! I've been checking a couple of times per day to no avail. There's a prime $189 per part for April 11th available if someone wants to grab it.

Leah Robertson
#306Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/10/18 at 10:56pm

LesWickedly said: "I wish they had the last seats in the row numbered! I have 31 in Orchestra and was assuming, based on older charts, that it was an added seat on the aisle. If I'm all the way off to the side, I better have an aisle seat."

Aren't you row V? (Creepy that I remember that, lol, but I took notes the other day when I was trying to see what prices to expect.) I'm  O 34, so there's probably at least a 33 unless there are fewer seats on the left than the right.

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#307Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/10/18 at 11:25pm

Leah, the post is from a few days ago, but yes the seats go up to 35 on my side. Little annoying but just happy to be seeing it.

HeatherAV
#308Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/11/18 at 12:05am

LesWickedly - are you sure orchestra row V goes up to seat 35? I have a friend who got orchestra row s seat 31 and he thought he was on the far aisle.

Does anyone know how far back in the orchestra the premium seats went? Meaning, at what row in the orchestra was every seat (even dead center of the row) the “regular” $199 instead of $299 premium pricing?

LesWickedly
#309Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/11/18 at 1:03am

Heather, I asked the Lyric's Facebook page and they responded saying it went up to 35. 

Megsamegatron Profile Photo
Megsamegatron
#310Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/11/18 at 12:27pm

I have orchestra V 36 so on the opposite side. So I think it goes to 35/36 

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#311Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/11/18 at 1:46pm

2 tickets available on Ticketmaster for Sunday, August 19. Dress circle center row L, seats 108-109, $165 per part. Will hold for a few minutes in case anyone on here is interested. If you are, let me know.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#312Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/11/18 at 3:40pm

Do we know if they're ever going to change their online ticketing to look like a regular Ticketmaster seating page? I'm okay with my current date, but would prefer to go earlier, and I'd consider buying a resale ticket. But that option is obviously not available at the moment.

LesWickedly
#313Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/11/18 at 3:46pm

This is similar to how it is in London, so I’d expect it to stay like this.

Danielle49
#314Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/11/18 at 3:53pm

I'm not familiar with the London system, but I'd assume that there won't even be a resale option for this show. With the ability to return tickets to TM for a full refund, there's no valid reason to allow buyers to resell.

Shubert Alley Cat Profile Photo
Shubert Alley Cat
#315Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/11/18 at 7:04pm

Well, this ticket order process was a disaster.  On the initial Thursday ticket release, I waited through the queue, selected my date, put in the CVV code on the site, and got the message "Something went wrong.  Try again."  Which I did for four other dates, receiving this same message, and gave up.  I then checked my debit card account only to find all five of these tries DID GO THROUGH.  So I was charged about $1700 for tickets to five pairs of performances.  WTF - no email notification or receipt was sent for these purchases

I do think this happened to lots of people, because Ticketmaster customer support (which of course was difficult to get to a REAL person) was very accommodating and is going to fully refund the four purchases I did not really want.  However, it takes 3-5 business days to get a refund.

Lesson learned - probably don't use your checking account to make a purchase like this!

However, I am going to see the plays on Saturday, August 18.  My ticket was regular price - Balcony Left, Row A, Seat 21.  Like others, I have no idea how far to the left this seat really is . . . but I am in Row A and should hopefully have a great view of the proceedings.

Good lord I hate Ticketmaster so much. 

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#316Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/12/18 at 11:19am

Looking at 2 $199 orchestra seats, Q 34-36, for Thursday and Friday, 9/6-9/7. I'll hold for a few minutes. If anyone's interested, let me know.

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#317Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/12/18 at 2:35pm

Can someone who has seen this in London explain why it was necessary to remove 400 seats from the orchestra section of the Lyric? From the stage pictures I've seen, there doesn't appear to be any physical aspect of the set that intrudes into the orchestra area.

==> this board is a nest of vipers <==

"Michael Riedel...The Perez Hilton of the New York Theatre scene"
- Craig Hepworth, What's On Stage

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#318Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/12/18 at 2:42pm

For the opposite reason—to make it more intimate.

susirene
#319Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/12/18 at 4:06pm

Danielle49 said: "I'm not familiar with the London system, but I'd assume that there won't even be a resale option for this show. With the ability to return tickets to TM for a full refund, there's no valid reason to allow buyers to resell."

The London system was WAY more hardcore - once you bought tickets, you could not transfer them, and you had to present a valid ID and the credit card you used to buy the tickets to get the physical tickets.  There was a queue day-of the show to pick the tickets up.  No electronic tickets whatsoever.  I'm trying to remember whether or not you also had to show ID to get in the door with the ticket - if anyone else was in London, do you recall?  

So.... as far as I can tell, the American system is pretty soft by just not allowing resale Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread

susirene
#320Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/12/18 at 4:07pm

Lot666 said: "Can someone who has seen this in London explain why it was necessary to remove 400 seats from the orchestra section of the Lyric? From the stage pictures I've seen, there doesn't appear to be any physical aspect of the set that intrudes into the orchestra area."

Actually... there is.  But.... #keepthesecrets :)

AmeliaBedelia
#321Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/12/18 at 7:11pm

I messaged the Lyric Theatre on Facebook asking where my seat in Orchestra Y 37 is and if the view would be obstructed either from the dress circle overhang or from being too far to the side. They said that my seat is on the aisle but the view isn't obstructed at all. 

So now we know row Y goes up to 37.

LesWickedly
#322Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/12/18 at 7:15pm

The "no obstruction at all" response just seems to be protocol for now, but we shall see how true that is. 

AmeliaBedelia
#323Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/12/18 at 7:37pm

LesWickedly said: "The "no obstruction at all" response just seems to be protocol for now, but we shall see how true that is."

Yes, I have a feeling they're just saying that since it isn't labeled as an obstructed view seat in their system yet. I can't imagine that the view wouldn't be somewhat obstructed at least from the dress circle overhang. Can't wait until people start posting views from their seats.

Fosse76
#324Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 2/12/18 at 10:11pm

Lot666 said: "Can someone who has seen this in London explain why it was necessary to remove 400 seats from the orchestra section of the Lyric? From the stage pictures I've seen, there doesn't appear to be any physical aspect of the set that intrudes into the orchestra area."

It's not really a "large" production, and while the main unit set does fill the stage, there is no other major set piece ( a few roll on and off, but they aren't anything a regional theater couldn't easily reproduce, water tank notwithstanding). And it's not really a wide set, and I believe the Lyric is significantly wider than the Palace. 

Videos