pixeltracker

Hamilton Cancellation Line- Page 138

Hamilton Cancellation Line

bltl812
#3425Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/21/16 at 3:22pm

Does anyone know what the price of  a center  orchestra ticket would have originally been for this week? Thinking about buying off a board but want to have as much info as possible to avoid fraud.

Thanks!

Updated On: 7/21/16 at 03:22 PM

sorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
#3426Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/21/16 at 3:29pm

bltl812 said: "Does anyone know what the price of  an orchestra ticket would have originally been for this week? Thinking about buying off a board but want to have as much info as possible to avoid fraud.

Thanks!
"

According to this article, this week would be in the second batch of tickets so prices would have been between $67 and $177 with premium being the exception, which I cannot recall how much those were on sale for.

http://www.playbill.com/article/want-hamilton-tickets-whole-new-block-goes-on-sale-monday-com-370555 

ZellMorrowsPledge Profile Photo
ZellMorrowsPledge
#3427Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/21/16 at 3:43pm

No more $40 standing room?

Use my code "YZTFG" for $20 OFF tickets on TodayTix!

jdra
#3428Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/21/16 at 3:57pm

hes16 said: "jdra said: "FYI, I saw a ticket on StubHub 5 or 10 minutes before showtime last night for only $140.

"

Where was the ticket?
"

I believe it was orchestra but I don't remember exactly where. I remember thinking it was not the best seat but pretty good. Sorry.

bltl812
#3429Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/21/16 at 5:08pm

So if tickets were between $67 and $177 and someone shows me a ticket that says they paid  $422 for M101 orchestra center with an S11.50 charge for tomorrow, the ticket is either fake or the bought it secondary market?

Just trying not to get scammed.

Thanks!

HamiltonFan
#3430Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/21/16 at 5:22pm

I know that Ticketmaster is verified for Hamilton, but is Stubhub trustworthy too?

bltl812
#3431Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/21/16 at 5:25pm

When I saw Hamilton last November several people were turned away because the tickets they bought in StubHub were duplicate tickets and someone else had already used them. I don't know if they still have that problem.

ashk8177
#3432Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/21/16 at 5:29pm

bltl812 said: "So if tickets were between $67 and $177 and someone shows me a ticket that says they paid  $422 for M101 orchestra center with an S11.50 charge for tomorrow, the ticket is either fake or the bought it secondary market?

It sounds likely. Even if they bought it on the secondary market the actual ticket would still reflect the face value, not what someone paid secondhand. I personally would not recommend anything other than TM or Stubhub. It's not worth the risk, especially when prices are approaching a reasonable amount now. If you do buy a ticket from someone in person, ask them to meet you at the box office so it can be verified there. If they are hesitant to do this, move on. Quickly. 

I know that Ticketmaster is verified for Hamilton, but is Stubhub trustworthy too?

The stubhub tickets aren't verified the same way TM's are, BUT they stand behind them and you will receive a refund if it isn't authentic. That doesn't help you get in the show, but you will get your money back. I think this is very unlikely to be an issue though. 

rangersrule132
#3433Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/21/16 at 5:33pm

bltl812 said: "When I saw Hamilton last November several people were turned away because the tickets they bought in StubHub were duplicate tickets and someone else had already used them. I don't know if they still have that problem.

"

I second this, I watched a family of 5 get denied entry the week after the Tonys and the father looked completely devastated. I felt so sorry for them, as I watched from the cancelation line.

sorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
#3434Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/21/16 at 5:35pm

bltl812 said: "So if tickets were between $67 and $177 and someone shows me a ticket that says they paid  $422 for M101 orchestra center with an S11.50 charge for tomorrow, the ticket is either fake or the bought it secondary market?

Thanks!
"

The $67 to $177 price range was for regular, non-premium tickets. I'm going to assume that M101 was considered a premium seat, which may have been either $327 or $549 when it was initially on sale; I don't know if there was another between price.. Plus a service fee of $11.50? If it's a hard ticket, the fee is $2 and it's already included in the price of the ticket. 

However, I just looked at Stubhub & TM for tomorrow, Friday the 22nd and someone already has listed Orch M101 (SHTM) just an FYI. I would be wary.

MyFavoriteBrunette Profile Photo
MyFavoriteBrunette
#3435Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/21/16 at 5:39pm

Thanks!

I want to say that the current orchestra seat is $199 or $549 for premium.  Even when the line sitters would post photos of tickets they obtained for their clients, this was the recent price range. I haven't seen $177 or $477 premium since May.  I don't know if seats further back or extreme orchestra left and right are priced differently. 

I'd be weary.

bltl812
#3436Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/21/16 at 5:43pm

Yes. I saw the listings in TM and StubHub which is why I am very concerned. The person selling me the ticket said he/she are calling SH and TM because they own 101 and 102 but not 103-106 and don't understand why there are all listed together. The seats are listed on those sites at a very  high price too.

He is asking for Square Cash payment. Anybody familiar with that?

The $67-$177 price range was from when the tickets were sold from the box office as per a link someone posted above.

Updated On: 7/21/16 at 05:43 PM

MyFavoriteBrunette
#3437Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/21/16 at 5:51pm

I've bought 8 Hamilton tickets at different times all through resale.  This doesn't sound right.

Wants cash?  So they can run away?  STEP AWAY!!!!!

MyFavoriteBrunette
#3438Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/21/16 at 5:54pm

If its for tonight, go with the row D single ticket that is still on SH to pick up.  At least you'll be at the actual SH offices and chances that the ticket is real will be higher.  And if its not, you get refunded.  It's going for $459 right now and expect a $100 fee.

ampi2 Profile Photo
ampi2
#3439Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/21/16 at 5:59pm

MyFavoriteBrunette said: "My sister wanted to see the show tomorrow not from rear mezz like she did in May and not from front mezz like she will be in March.  So I went on TM at 11am to buy my tickets to Waitress and decided to check Hamilton.  One lonely blue dot in the 7th row.  Snatched!  She's going tomorrow.  I'm so glad I got her one ticket.  Singles are pricey on SH and would have had to buy a pair...can't go twice in a week for the sake of a pair.  I got lucky Tuesday with the ticket I bought on SH selling less than face value (sans fees).  What I did notice when I picked up my ticket is that it was a hard ticket with purchase date of 7/18/16 and The show was Tuesday 7/19.  Did someone buy this from the cancellation line to try and flip it?

"

Was the ticket you got for your sister a premium seat? 

bltl812
#3440Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/21/16 at 6:07pm

You can pay with a credit card with Square Cash or so he says. He did send me a pdf of the ticket in "good faith". But the ticket appears listed in every ticket resale site known to man.

sgreen3 Profile Photo
sgreen3
#3441Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/21/16 at 6:15pm

bltl812 said: "You can pay with a credit card with Square Cash or so he says. He did send me a pdf of the ticket in "good faith". But the ticket appears listed in every ticket resale site known to man."

It would be pretty hard for the Ticketmaster listing in particular to be fake. In order to list tickets for resale on TM, you have to have purchased them there. You don't start from a blank slate like with Stubhub; you start from the tickets that are already on your TM account. That's why it's the only one that is truly "guaranteed" (yes Stubhub will give you your money back but can't guarantee you'll get into the show). It's possible the person you're dealing with is the same one who has the TM listing, but there are a lot of red flags here. I probably wouldn't do it.

That said, I believe Square Cash is one of those credit card reader devices that attaches to an iPhone or other smartphone. I have paid via them in small stores and occasionally in cabs without any issues. If the ticket is invalid, you could maybe dispute the charge with your credit card but that would probably be your only option.

Edited to clarify a few points.

Updated On: 7/21/16 at 06:15 PM

bltl812
#3442Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/21/16 at 6:18pm

Yes, I should probably stay away. The pdf he sent me is of a tickemaster ticket and it looks legit. I have compared it to a couple of images of Hamilton ticketmaster tickets that  I found online.

bltl812
mpkie
#3444Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/21/16 at 7:50pm

bltl812 said: "http://media.ticketmaster.com/en-au/img/static/customerservice/SampleTicketFastIMG.JPG

The ticket looks identical to this.
"

I'd actually bet money that it's a scam. Also reverse Google image of your image is really funny.

Just so you know, your link is apparently what Australian Ticketmaster tickets look like. The ticket is actually supposed to look like this: http://media.ticketmaster.com/en-us/img/static/h/PrintAtHome_Ticket.jpg

And no seller would send you a PDF of a real ticket for resale on "good faith".

Ahmy
#3445Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/21/16 at 9:25pm

MyFavoriteBrunette said:
"Ahmy said: It could be a cost saving measure. If it's a short sleeved one, then she wears it when she goes on for Angelica, during It's Quiet Uptown.

I don't know what it is but it looks off and if its a cost saving issue then why is a show that is a full house through May 2017 so cheap?  LOL!  Its a long sleeve bolero Alysha is wearing and Angelica wears the length that Phillipa wore. So if she comes out as Angelica in that same bolero, I'll be miffed as well.  My mom studied couture dress-making in Cuba...I need to get her in there fast and get this girl a long coat to mourn in. 

"
Now that you mention it, it probably was long sleeved. Definitely not the same length as Renee's, though.

The talk of the cancellation line getting less crazy is encouraging; I'd like to go back to New York in March to see Dear Evan Hansen and the Great Comet, and wouldn't say no to waiting in the cancellation line for Hamilton, especially if it's not a 4 day ordeal.

bltl812
#3446Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/21/16 at 10:02pm

I noticed it was from an Australian site, so I went to the box  office and they confirmed it was a scam.

I wish I could post the 300 texts this guy sent "upset" with ticketmaster for messing up with his legitimate tickets  ... haha ... Maybe I can do the cancellation line on Saturday. Glad I didn't fall for it.

Thanks for all the feedback!

bltl812
#3447Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/21/16 at 10:49pm

Was anyone at the cancellation line today? Planning on doing the cancellation line on Saturday for the matinee show,

MinervaMoon Profile Photo
MinervaMoon
#3448Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/21/16 at 11:52pm

I don't know if this has already been talked about or if day-old advice is obsolete already, but I went to the theatre at 7:45 AM on Wednesday to get a spot for ham4ham right in front of the theatre -- for the record I overshot, but no regrets, because made friends with the cancellation line. A LOT of people got in for the Wednesday matinee. A woman I met who was there by herself offered to get me a ticket if I would put her name in for the lotto, and she was about 10th in line and had only gotten there a few minutes before I did. By the time the lotto came around at noon, she had already been offered tickets for row J center (even after passing up row M side about an hour prior). When we saw the show, she even recognized people who had been behind her who had been offered tickets after she left the line. I wouldn't have thought Wednesday matinees would have so many spare seats since no lotto seats would go unclaimed, so I feel lucky to have seen it.

After the matinee I dashed to Brooklyn to drop off some checks for a new lease then made it back in time to see Shuffle Along in the evening. As I was entering my aisle in the theatre I suddenly realized that the couple ahead of me was Leslie Odom Jr. and his wife, so that was a good show to have been in attendance. Watching Brandon Victor Dixon knowing LOJ was there felt like a privileged experience.

I never posted here about this but I actually gave in and bought tickets for Daveed's last show, so I saw it last Friday too and it was [fire emoji x 100,000]. All in all a pretty successful trip, even aside from the major purpose of finding a new apartment . . .

Hamilton Emotional Support Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/hamiltonsupport/

lia_0831
#3449Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/21/16 at 11:54pm

uncageg said: "I pass the theater a lot very early in the morning sometimes (between 5:30am and 7:00am and there has alway been a line of about 20 people or more. Especially when they had those people camping out.  This morning at 5:30am there were only 2 people sitting on the steps. Appeared to be a father and daughter. 

That was my dad and I! I have been dying to see Hamilton and my family decided to try out the cancellation line. I did so much research and I wanted to be the first in line so my dad and I showed up at 4 am and I'm very glad we did. I was prepared to wait all day. We were the only people there until about 5:30 when the next guys showed up and not long after that about 5 more people showed up. By 7:30 - 8:00 am there were at least 10 people in the line. We waited until about 10 am which was when the box office opened and at like 10:15 am a lady walked outside and came up to us asking us to come inside to by our tickets. It all happened so fast and before I knew it we had tickets for the matinee! The seats were amazing as well. They were center orchestra row J and they were $199 a piece. All the tickets they were offering were $199. Nothing more and nothing less. It was so worth the wait and I feel very lucky. 

This morning we some how ended up waiting in the cancellation line again. When we walked in front of the theater at about 10:20 am there were only 4 people in line for cancellation tickets. I convinced my parents to stay and wait to see what happens. We waiting until about 12 when a lady came out and took the first 2 people in line inside to by tickets. They got orchestra row H for $199. After that a guy left the line in front of us and suddenly I was second in line. We waited pretty much all day. At about 6 pm, an hour before the show, we finally got our tickets. I was so thrilled to be able to see the show again. Our tickets were $199 and they were left orchestra row H. They were again amazing seats. The show was mind blowing. I loved both shows so much.

I absolutely think the cancellation line is worth it. They seemed to let about 10-15 people in per show and it seemed like all tickets were $199 besides standing room tickets which they apparently gave out to one or two people who were towards the end of the line and they were still $40. If you were thinking about going and you are willing to wait for hours then go. You will probably get in!

Videos