pixeltracker

Hamilton Cancellation Line- Page 142

Hamilton Cancellation Line

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#3525Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 8/1/16 at 11:48am

DottieD'Luscia said: "^LOL. Well he certainly is a hottie!

Hamilton Cancellation Line

Oh yes he is! The Lord is good! Praise Jesus! Hallelujah! 

petewk87
#3526Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 8/1/16 at 12:13pm

If I plan on showing up before 5 am, will there be an obviously designated place for the cancellation line? Is it towards the Marriott or towards the Imperial? Or should I just stand in front of the box office door? I understand this must have been discussed before, but there may have been some changes since Lin left the show. Pictures that I have seen show line heading towards the Imperial, but some descriptions suggest Marriott... Thank you so much for your help!

Updated On: 8/1/16 at 12:13 PM

MyFavoriteBrunette Profile Photo
MyFavoriteBrunette
#3527Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 8/1/16 at 2:39pm

Hamilton Cancellation LineHe has amazing skin, and I told him so!  I appreciate nice skin working in the luxury beauty and fragrances retail sector half my life =)

bwayfan101
#3528Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 8/1/16 at 2:40pm

schubox said: "bwayfan101 said: "Liz and Lexi were stellar!

If you want SRs you have to be near the back of the line. They sell in the order of premium (if there are any takers), then Reg price, and then SRs!

"

Why would you need to be near the back? You don't have to buy the tickets they offer. You can pass 

"

Actually from my experience (besides the premium) they did not tell you what ticket you were going to pay for until you already made it into the box office. They were taking 2 people at a time and I was not told that I was being offered a seat until I was at the box office with my credit card in hand. Likewise the woman behind me was not told that she was getting SR until she was in the box office. 

lafayettelove
#3529Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 8/1/16 at 6:35pm

Talked to sydney once when i was on the line. Nobody else on line knew who he was at the time! He offered to buy me a coffee when he went to get some for other cast members. I was so grateful, but i felt bad and said no, lol

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#3530Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 8/1/16 at 6:59pm

lafayettelove said: "Talked to sydney once when i was on the line. Nobody else on line knew who he was at the time! He offered to buy me a coffee when he went to get some for other cast members. I was so grateful, but i felt bad and said no, lol

No offense but that was a dumb move. I would have gotten the coffee and the man....

Kinda.Crafty
#3531Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 8/1/16 at 7:10pm

My daughter and I just flew in from Florida to brave the cancellation time this week.  We arrived today and swing by the line to get the lay of the land.  There is a bench/steps that runs along the theater from the main door towards the backstage door.  The first person was at the end of the bench near the box office.

Good luck.  Maybe we'll see you there!

abreakey
#3532Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 8/2/16 at 7:25am

I am in the line for tonight's show.  I am ticket numbers 3 and 4.  I arrived just before 6am.  There are now (7:25am) 5 people in line.   I'll update as the day progresses. 

abreakey
#3533Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 8/2/16 at 9:36am

9:30 update.  Only 6 people in line.  

CassandraReads Profile Photo
CassandraReads
#3534Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 8/2/16 at 9:51am

This is extremely helpful! I was planning to get on line today but then opted for Thursday instead. Today looks like a good day to be on line! Excited for you!! 

bngu172
#3535Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 8/2/16 at 10:23am

Hi everyone! Thinking of trying the line either next Tuesday or Wednesday, does anyone think either day will be better to try? Also, on two show days people have said that they only accept 20 people in the line and asking everyone to come back at 5:30. 

If if I am in the top 20 but do not get into the matinee, is my place in line still kept? Or do they make everyone leave and come back at 5:30? Also, during the live lotto, does the line manage itself? I just don't wanna lose my place in line. Thank you!!!!

abreakey
#3536Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 8/2/16 at 10:46am

Today looks to be a good day to try...  10:45 update and only 11 tickets (6 people) are patiently waiting to learn our fate. 

Robbyne
#3537Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 8/2/16 at 11:20am

bngu172 said: "Hi everyone! Thinking of trying the line either next Tuesday or Wednesday, does anyone think either day will be better to try? Also, on two show days people have said that they only accept 20 people in the line and asking everyone to come back at 5:30. 

If if I am in the top 20 but do not get into the matinee, is my place in line still kept? Or do they make everyone leave and come back at 5:30? Also, during the live lotto, does the line manage itself? I just don't wanna lose my place in line. Thank you!!!!

"

I have seen the show twice through the line. Wednesday's are absolutely crazy be shade of ham4ham. They will disassemble the line during ham4ham, as they need the space in front of the theater for the lotto. You can line back up after that,  but keep in that the line is "self policing," and the theater pays ZERO attention to lists or anything. After the matinee tickets are given out, the line will be cleared and dispersed. You will be told to reassemble the line at 5:30. Here's where things tend to get crazy. Often, instead of the line reforming the way it was, new people show at 5:30 and claim to be first. If I were you, I would stick close to the theater when they disperse you, and keep an eye on what's going on. 

Hope that helps! Best of luck to you! 

bngu172
#3538Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 8/2/16 at 11:32am

Wow that seems like insanity! This makes me wanna try for Tuesdays instead. Do you guys think that there will still be 10-15 tickets available for a Tuesday night show? Whether it be regular cancellation tickets, unclaimed lotto, or SRO? Thank you for answering!

Wee Thomas2 Profile Photo
Wee Thomas2
#3540Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 8/2/16 at 3:07pm

I guess that's a good read.  But I had trouble with taking her seriously after:

"And then I ran into [a professional line-sitter], who was in the cronut line passing out cards. I worked for him for a little while, but we had some creative differences. "

MyFavoriteBrunette Profile Photo
MyFavoriteBrunette
#3541Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 8/2/16 at 4:20pm

Wee Thomas2 said: "I guess that's a good read.  But I had trouble with taking her seriously after:
"And then I ran into [a professional line-sitter], who was in the cronut line passing out cards. I worked for him for a little while, but we had some creative differences. "

Do you mean her choosing her career path after seeing someone handing out cards on a cronut line or that they were handing out cards on a cronut line?  If its the later, that does happen.  Line sitters handed out business cards to anyone passing by asking what were we waiting for and handed out more business cards to those who didn't get in.  What better way to advertise and try to get your business while you're in your vulnerable state of "CRAP!  I didn't get in!".  
The competition for 4 months was fierce, tiffs spilling into this chat thread and me being accused of being a line sitter as well, LOL!  But anything and everything is possible when the amount of hours being paid to wait for tickets was a stake.  I'm sure no company wanted to share a piece of the pie and get a sliver in sales.  Plus with all the disagreements, it got more competitive. 

mailhandler777
#3542Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 8/2/16 at 4:29pm

I was standing in line waiting to get into the Highline Ballroom one night and one of the line sitter guys gave me a card. I told him if I can't wait for myself I shouldn't be seeing a show. He didn't seem too pleased with my response to him. 

Hi, I'm Val. Formerly DefyGravity777(I believe)

abreakey
#3543Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 8/2/16 at 4:53pm

To continue our Tuesday updates.  At around 1:45 they released some tickets!  Person number one in line got row H far left side. I was second in line and was offered a choice of premium tickets or standard tickets. We opted for the $199 tix, also in row H, but on the far right side.  They then offered the premiums to the rest of the line and one gentleman from further back in the line grabbed one of those.  At that point we headed back to the hotel to rest and freshen up.

So so excited for tonight's show! 

abreakey
#3544Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 8/2/16 at 6:04pm

We are back at the theater now waiting to get in. Our line friends are all still here hoping to get their shot. No additional tickets have been released since the four regular and two premium tickets at ~1:45. 

Good luck to those still waiting!!!!

petewk87
#3545Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 8/2/16 at 6:26pm

Looks like Michael Lluwoye is debuting as Alexander Hamilton tonight! Would love to hear reports.

Updated On: 8/2/16 at 06:26 PM

bngu172
#3546Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 8/2/16 at 8:18pm

petewk87 said: "Looks like Michael Lluwoye is debuting as Alexander Hamilton tonight! Would love to hear reports.

"

Is Michael performing Tuesday nights? Or was this just an isolated incident? Possibly trying the line next Tuesday but I'm still between Tuesday and Wednesday. Just would love to see Javi in the role!

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#3547Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 8/2/16 at 8:23pm

I think it's just the nature of being an alternate--you go on when the main can't!  Munoz has stated many times his schedule day off is Monday.  Luwoye was supposed to make his debut next Monday (August Hamilton Cancellation Line, but if he's ready and Javi's out, time to go! (And because I assume with rehearsals beginning in Chicago, Miguel Cervantes is heading that direction.)

Updated On: 8/2/16 at 08:23 PM

toofunktastic2
abreakey
#3549Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 8/2/16 at 8:35pm

Looks like 17 got in tonight. 

Videos