pixeltracker

Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery- Page 19

Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery

Maryg13
#450Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery
Posted: 8/20/17 at 7:02am

Srg67 said: "broadwaykayla0826 said: "Srg67 said: "broadwaykayla0826 said: "Today like 5 minutes before the matinee, tickets were as low as $99

"

How does this work though, since there's no way to get your butt in the seat in time if you buy the tickets 5 minutes before the show starts, and they don't let latecomers in?

"

I saw Hamilton last year in June, and I literally bought the tickets 4 minutes before the show. I ran as fast as I could from the Marriot Marquis (where I bought the tickets from on the 8th floor) and didn't even miss the opening number. Pickup is another story though, I'm not sure if you could run from 39th to 45th street in 5 minutes.

"

Sorry I'm confused! Is the ticket pickup at the Marriott or 39th street? Why don't all sellers make the tickets available through mobile download?

"

The sellers choose if its instant download/print or pickup. If its pickup, its at the Stubhub center on 39th. If it isn't then the Marriot is just where you can print out tix if you download them. I don't know why they're not all available for download though

Srg67
#451Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery
Posted: 8/20/17 at 7:04am

Maryg13 said: "Srg67 said: "broadwaykayla0826 said: "Srg67 said: "broadwaykayla0826 said: "Today like 5 minutes before the matinee, tickets were as low as $99

"

How does this work though, since there's no way to get your butt in the seat in time if you buy the tickets 5 minutes before the show starts, and they don't let latecomers in?

"

I saw Hamilton last year in June, and I literally bought the tickets 4 minutes before the show. I ran as fast as I could from the Marriot Marquis (where I bought the tickets from on the 8th floor) and didn't even miss the opening number. Pickup is another story though, I'm not sure if you could run from 39th to 45th street in 5 minutes.

"

Sorry I'm confused! Is the ticket pickup at the Marriott or 39th street? Why don't all sellers make the tickets available through mobile download?

"

The sellers choose if its instant download/print or pickup. If its pickup, its at the Stubhub center on 39th. If it isn't then the Marriot is just where you can print out tix if you download them. I don't know why they're not all available for download though

"

Oh so even if you get it as download you have to print them? You can't scan a barcode on your phone?

broadwaynerdnewbie Profile Photo
broadwaynerdnewbie
#452Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery
Posted: 8/20/17 at 7:59am

I think the no late seating policy refers to the fact that they won't seat you until intermission. They'll still let you in and stuff I would presume but once the show starts they won't let you sit in your actual seat until intermission of you come late. But I assume they could probably make exceptions?

herewegoabc
#453Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery
Posted: 8/20/17 at 8:21am

They have definitely sat people late every time I've been there.

Last week, it was super distracting because they sat a group front row center right after Waving through a Window, and the people were still getting situated while Evan was starting the letter.

10086Sundays
#454Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery
Posted: 8/20/17 at 9:31am

They certainly do not make you wait until intermission to go to your actual seat. When I was there they brought a couple to 2nd row center orchestra during the computer lab scene. Of course it was an older couple that moved slowly and apologized loudly while people stood to let them get their seats in the center of the row. 

michaelhale
#455Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery
Posted: 8/20/17 at 10:39am

Maryg13 said: "Srg67 said: "broadwaykayla0826 said: "Srg67 said: "broadwaykayla0826 said: "Today like 5 minutes before the matinee, tickets were as low as $99

"

"

"

"

"

Pickup tickets are actual physical tickets (like you'd get from the box office), which I assume the seller sends to the pickup center after a certain point of time before the event. That's why they're not available for download.

faithonfire
#456Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery
Posted: 8/21/17 at 1:27pm

Still hoping to find tickets for this Wed or Thurs - let me know if you guys have any leads!

mkingwrites
#457Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery
Posted: 8/21/17 at 5:30pm

Anyone been in the cancellation line lately? How early are people lining up?

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#458Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery
Posted: 8/21/17 at 5:36pm

michaelhale said: "I don't know why they're not all available for download though"

Scalpers buy physical tickets at the box office with cash, since that way they aren't restricted by ticket limits the way they are online.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#459Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery
Posted: 8/22/17 at 12:33pm

Two great non-premiums for tomorrow's matinee available now. No Ben, though.

Update: And three in the second row orchestra on the aisle for tomorrow night, also regular price.

Updated On: 8/22/17 at 12:33 PM

Kathleen ONeill2
#460Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery
Posted: 8/22/17 at 5:11pm

There are $200 tickets (before fees) on stubhub for later this week/this weekend bc Ben is on vocal rest, if anyone is looking for prices nearer to face value. 

Srg67
#461Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery
Posted: 8/22/17 at 7:13pm

haterobics said: "Two great non-premiums for tomorrow's matinee available now. No Ben, though.

Update: And three in the second row orchestra on the aisle for tomorrow night, also regular price.

"

I'm seeing a bunch of tickets for this week. How does that happen, when Ben suddenly announces he's not in the show? I thought tickets aren't refundable?

youwillbefound2 Profile Photo
youwillbefound2
#462Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery
Posted: 8/22/17 at 7:56pm

How early should I get there if I want to get tickets for the cancellation line?

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#463Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery
Posted: 8/22/17 at 10:08pm

Are front center orchestra sold from the cancellation line? I'm kind of confused how it works. I was told the first row of the orchestra is only sold through the box office. Are those usually sold out far in advance? 

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

herewegoabc
#464Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery
Posted: 8/22/17 at 10:18pm

I may be wrong, but from my understanding, front row is considered partial view and is sold directly through the box office as such. I believe they also sell some of the front row as lottery.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#465Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery
Posted: 8/22/17 at 10:21pm

^so if you go to the box office day of is it likely to get front row? 

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

herewegoabc
#466Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery
Posted: 8/22/17 at 10:24pm

Not any more likely than anything else. Partial view is also sold out/saved for lottery for the near future.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#467Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery
Posted: 8/23/17 at 2:03am

Srg67 said: "I'm seeing a bunch of tickets for this week. How does that happen, when Ben suddenly announces he's not in the show? I thought tickets aren't refundable?"

There is the official policy and what the show lets people do... I only see what were most likely premium seats getting returned, so I think if bought a regular priced seat, you're out of luck? That said, a lot of people are buying through StubHub and such, so I imagine a lot of people aren't getting any advance notice they aren't seeing Ben...

gimlet2
#468Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery
Posted: 8/23/17 at 7:27am

youwillbefound2 said: "How early should I get there if I want to get tickets for the cancellation line?"

Not a direct answer:

Today the first person got there around 6am and the second arrived a few minutes ago.

(Also, Come From Away has 12 ppl, Great Comet 32)

youwillbefound2 Profile Photo
youwillbefound2
#469Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery
Posted: 8/23/17 at 10:52am

gimlet2 said: "youwillbefound2 said: "How early should I get there if I want to get tickets for the cancellation line?"

Not a direct answer:

Today the first person got there around 6am and the second arrived a few minutes ago.

"

For the cancellation line? But they don't start selling the matinee tickets until 12 on a two-show day, right? 

Rakstovall
#470Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery
Posted: 8/23/17 at 10:54am

We had tickets for July during Ben's vacation and because we had purchased them back in April before his vacation was announced, we called the box office and they gave us a refund. I suspect it also had to do with the fact that we were from out of town and they were premium seats, because she mentioned that she noticed we were out of state on our order #. We saw Great Comet instead that time (luckily, since it's closing!) and we ended up coming back last weekend and buying Stubhub tickets so we got to see him and rest of the OBC on Friday (lucky timing)! After Ben leaves I would bet they won't give refunds.

mkingwrites
#471Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery
Posted: 8/23/17 at 2:42pm

gimlet2 said: "youwillbefound2 said: "How early should I get there if I want to get tickets for the cancellation line?"

Not a direct answer:

"

Thank you!

Newsiesgirl67 Profile Photo
Newsiesgirl67
#472Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery
Posted: 8/23/17 at 8:35pm

I wanted to post my experience using stub hub today: 

So after reading this board multiple times, I decide to try and get a ticket at the stub hub pick up center to see if the price would go down before the matinee started... Got there 30 minutes before the performance, the girl who worked there had told me that yesterday went down to $45, so I was hopeful and we stared watching the listings together so that she could grab me the ticket as soon as I paid and I could run to the theater... we got to maybe 5 minutes before show and the two listing that were available had barley gone down a couple of dollars and I didn't think I would get to go, because I couldn't pay the $238.75 that the guy was asking for, when the manger of location came up to me asked me if I was looking for Evan Hansen tickets and when I said yes, she handed to me ticket and said  "go see the show on us" I could barley believe it and after thanking her like a hundred times... I ran like a manic and got to the theatre two minutes before it started... 

The seat was orchestra row b seat 11 partial view, I only missed a few things (not that I'm really complaining, I've already seen the show with both Ben and Michael and was kinda happy to see Colton and I got to see it for free)

So thanks to everyone who has posted here about using Stubhub... I never would though of using it and I'm really glad I did.

Picture a handsome heroicly charismatic Plain spoken know-nothing Skirt chasing cocky little son of a- Lie down with dogs and you wake up with A raise and a promotion. So he's a flirt, a complete ego maniac The fact is he's also the face of the strike What a face Face the fact that's a face that could save us all from sinking in the ocean. -Katherine (Newsies) Superboy and the Invisible Girl Everything a kid oughtta be He's immortal, forever alive Then there's me I wish I could fly And magically appear and disappear I wish I could fly I'd fly far away from here -Natalie (Next to Normal)

Ian Kowalski
#473Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery
Posted: 8/25/17 at 1:32pm

Holy moly that is lucky!! Glad you got to see the show, that is awesome.

JustAnotherNewYorker
#474Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery
Posted: 8/25/17 at 2:00pm

This sounds like a business opportunity--you set up a laptop, printer and mobile data connection (you can use Schubert Alley's) by the Starbucks. "I can print your tickets 2 minutes before curtain, for a fee"

Videos