pixeltracker

Unpopular Opinions You Hold- Page 19

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

claudioislove Profile Photo
claudioislove
#450Re: Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 8/12/09 at 10:05am

I was actually really excited for Spiderman the Musical and am really hoping it somehow comes back to us.
Renee Elise Goldsberry IS quite underrated.

Because I look different you think I'm subversive.

AndAllThatJazz22
#451Re: Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 8/12/09 at 11:12am

I too, am excited about Spider-Man. I'm not sure if I've said this already, but I LOVE Raul's excessive vibrato.

"There's nothing good on. The media hates Christmas. The media loves vampires, though. Maybe they will show a Twilight Christmas."
-Danmeg's 10 year old son.

claudioislove
#452Re: Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 8/12/09 at 11:25am

Raul's excessive vibrato is my life.

AndAllThatJazz22
#453Re: Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 8/12/09 at 11:26am

^ YES!!!!!!! I think it sounds so rich and warm and it's part of what gives his voice so much depth.

"There's nothing good on. The media hates Christmas. The media loves vampires, though. Maybe they will show a Twilight Christmas."

TulitaPepsi Profile Photo
TulitaPepsi
#454Re: Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 8/12/09 at 11:57am

They are classic shows with some of the most beautiful songs and melodies written for Broadway (or elsewhere), but I find both OKLAHOMA! and CAROUSEL tedious.

And I loathe "Soliliquy".

"What if it's...a GIRL??!

"Hurry up and get into your conga clothes - we've got to do something to save this show!"
Updated On: 8/12/09 at 11:57 AM

byebyebaby12 Profile Photo
byebyebaby12
#455Re: Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 8/12/09 at 12:06pm

That line always bugged me. What are the other options? There is only a 50/50 shot here. Updated On: 8/12/09 at 12:06 PM

claudioislove
#456Re: Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 8/12/09 at 12:23pm

Sutton Foster and Gavin Creel were the only not terrible parts of Thoroughly Modern Millie. It's a terrible show.

And ditto the tediousness of Oklahoma!. I find Laurie and curly to be the most annoying and pointless characters. Except for maybe Millie. She's pretty stupid too.

Gaby Profile Photo
Gaby
#457Re: Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 8/27/09 at 4:32pm

Me 3!

A Director
#458Re: Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 8/27/09 at 4:52pm

Patti and Liza are over-rated.

Gaby Profile Photo
Gaby
#459Re: Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 8/27/09 at 6:15pm

I think Starlight Express is the best Andrew Lloyd Webber's music creation.
The movie Moulin Rouge got me into the broadway world
I wish the musical Tommy comes back soon

AwesomeDanny
#460Re: Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 8/27/09 at 6:30pm

I found In the Heights boring.

taylorPHENOMENON2 Profile Photo
taylorPHENOMENON2
#461Re: Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 8/27/09 at 6:34pm

Passing Strange is absolutely brilliant and should have had a much longer Broadway run!

byebyebaby12 Profile Photo
byebyebaby12
#462Re: Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 8/27/09 at 6:52pm

This more about actors.

I honestly HATE seeing actors bitch about not working in NYC. It is also annoying to see people ask them constantly "When are you coming back to NYC?"

dayao Profile Photo
dayao
#463Re: Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 8/27/09 at 7:39pm

The only good thing that could come out of the truly awful Fox TV show, GLEE becoming a hit is that it will keep the minimally talented Matt Morrison too busy for Broadway. Now if only Fox could find a long term series for equally over rated Cheyenne Jackson, my joy would be complete.

"I long-ago realized that this country is a nation of morons, when it comes to knowledge of anything outside, or beyond, pop culture." Steve Slezak
Updated On: 8/27/09 at 07:39 PM

Elphaba43
#464Re: Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 8/28/09 at 5:10pm

I really think Sierra Boggess is a snob. And I wasn't a huge fan of the Lion King(musical). I think 9 to 5 should stay on broadway for the next 20 years, I've seen that show 6 times since it opened in April and I have my closing night ticket to make it an "even" 7 times I've seen it. I don't think Patti LuPone is a diva.

I'm going to get alot of bashing, but I'm ready for it

I am a bagel on a plateful of onion rolls. If you know what I'm talking about, good. If you don't, you're on your own!

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#465Re: Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 8/28/09 at 6:01pm

Two Gentlemen of Verona missed a golden opportunity when it didn't transfer to Broadway from the Delacorte production in the park. It was one of the top five musical theatre experiences I've seen in NYC, partly due to the performances of Renee Elise Goldsberry and Norm Lewis. I will never forget "Night Letter" and "Love Me".

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#466Re: Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 9/20/09 at 12:05pm

...perhaps the cast of HAIR should focus a little more on the Broadway show that people are paying $100+ to see, and a little less on all of the other benefits and issues that they've been involved with lately.

If they can balance it all, then great.

But, with all of the injuries and absences recently, perhaps the show needs a little more attention.

(Yes, I know it's an unpopular opinion...)

"Two drifters off to see the world. There's such a lot of world to see. . ."

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#467Re: Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 9/20/09 at 12:24pm

I actually agree with you, NYadgal. I went a couple months without seeing the show until I saw it most recently in July. The spark was gone and I feel it's because they aren't devoting enough attention to the show.

Drunk Chita Rivera Profile Photo
Drunk Chita Rivera
#468Re: Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 9/20/09 at 12:24pm

"...perhaps the cast of HAIR should focus a little more on the Broadway show that people are paying $100+ to see, and a little less on all of the other benefits and issues that they've been involved with lately.

If they can balance it all, then great. "

I know this is your opinion but I would have to disagree. I find their whole determination incredibly inspiring. I love the fact that they decided to step up and represent the Broadway community when the equality issue effects a strong percentage of people involved with Broadway.

I've never seen so many people devoted to one thing and really care about it. Plus, it's not like they stop the show to say that everyone should go to the March

AndAllThatJazz22
#469Re: Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 9/20/09 at 12:29pm

The injuries aren't related to their projects outside of the show. I think that as long as they make it to the theatre (which they've have been, excluding the march and unrelated injuries) to do their job, they're fine.

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#470Re: Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 9/20/09 at 11:41pm

I also admire their dedication to these important causes, and their ability to draw so many people together to participate in something which is important.

I simply worry that all of this additional activity is drawing energy away from what should be their main focus at the moment: being in a hit Broadway show. They are, after all, drawing on their status as Hair cast members to draw attention to their projects. That's wonderful, but not if it means that there are additional illnesses and injuries for their performances.

Again, my opinion. We don't have to agree. Re:  Unpopular Opinions

"Two drifters off to see the world. There's such a lot of world to see. . ."

jonmbway4652 Profile Photo
jonmbway4652
#471Re: Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 9/20/09 at 11:54pm

i think wicked and rent are beyond over rated!

Disneywed Profile Photo
Disneywed
#472Re: Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 9/21/09 at 12:34am

I walked out on Lion King at intermission

I enjoyed Shrek. Alot.

I haven't seen Wicked and I live here. That is starting to bug me.

saveusmike Profile Photo
saveusmike
#473Re: Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 9/21/09 at 12:43am

I think HAIR is extremly over rated.

I thought Shrek, 9 to 5, and Wicked are all GREAT shows

While I do enjoy N2N I think the whole Alice Ripley/facebook, youtube popularity is just a fad.

Sussane Marley, an understudy, is the best Violet Weston I have ever seen.

I think the 3 billys winning tonys were just done to spice things up

"Everything in life, is only for now" -Avenue Q

BroadwayBound115 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound115
#474Re: Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 9/21/09 at 1:04am

I can't stand Alice Ripley.

Billy Elliott did nothing for me.

9 to 5 and Shrek are great shows.

The Music Man is absolutely terrible.

Videos