News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Finian's Rainbow??????

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#25re: Finian's Rainbow??????
Posted: 7/10/09 at 9:08pm

I adore Finian's Rainbow. I have no disdain for the show.

It just wouldn't have been able to fill the St. James.

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#26re: Finian's Rainbow??????
Posted: 7/10/09 at 9:09pm

The show's still on.

Any rumors of a cancellation are false.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

lamplighter
#27re: Finian's Rainbow??????
Posted: 7/10/09 at 9:48pm

alright, so if it is still happening, since everybody on here knows "somebody" who knows something, then has anybody signed a contract for the Broadway transfer? if they are suposed to start rehearsals in 2 weeks someone should have signed a contract.....

somethingwicked
#28re: Finian's Rainbow??????
Posted: 7/10/09 at 9:54pm

You alluded in your post to the fact that one of the problems is how many actors need to be replaced from the Encores! production, but you'll be happy to know that there is only one role that remains to be cast.

I'm not at liberty to discuss contracts, but word yesterday from a direct source was that things were still on track as far as the company was informed.

We'll see what happens.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#29re: Finian's Rainbow??????
Posted: 7/10/09 at 10:10pm

Well best of luck to them.

I predict half empty houses and a January closing.

mar97
#30re: Finian's Rainbow??????
Posted: 7/10/09 at 11:14pm

They lost their two leading men and money. I hope it still happens but it is going to be difficult to replace the role of the father. The actor whose name escapes me at the moment was perfect in the Encores production.

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#31re: Finian's Rainbow??????
Posted: 7/10/09 at 11:18pm

Isn't Cheyenne, also, pursuing television work? I thought I'd heard something about him filming another pilot.

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#32re: Finian's Rainbow??????
Posted: 7/10/09 at 11:21pm

mar, you mean Jim Norton? he was wonderful at Encores.

I do hope this still happens, since I really love this show and would love for Kate Baldwin to get a break on Broadway.

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

mar97
#33re: Finian's Rainbow??????
Posted: 7/10/09 at 11:28pm

Yes. Jim Norton. Thanks for posting his name. He was wonderful at Encores and will be very hard to replace. Cheyenne Jackson is supposedly going into another major revival. My guess is A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC but that's only a guess.......

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#34re: Finian's Rainbow??????
Posted: 7/10/09 at 11:30pm

There is no role for Cheyenne in NIGHT MUSIC. Carl-Magnus and Henrik are cast. And he's too young for Fredrik.

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#35re: Finian's Rainbow??????
Posted: 7/10/09 at 11:36pm

Jackson couldn't sing any of the male roles in Night Music.

My guess is La Cage as the son.

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#36re: Finian's Rainbow??????
Posted: 7/10/09 at 11:41pm

There is no role for Cheyenne in NIGHT MUSIC. Carl-Magnus and Henrik are cast. And he's too young for Fredrik.

maybe he's playing Frid. re: Finian's Rainbow??????

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#37re: Finian's Rainbow??????
Posted: 7/10/09 at 11:43pm

No.

Frid doesn't call for a gay bar back type.

Dolly_Levi Profile Photo
Dolly_Levi
#38re: Finian's Rainbow??????
Posted: 7/11/09 at 1:23am

OMG, Jim Norton dropped out? He was perfection at Encores.

Laughter is much more important than applause. Applause is almost a duty. Laughter is a reward. Carol Channing

LoveIsCompany
#39re: Finian's Rainbow??????
Posted: 7/11/09 at 2:14am

You know, I could actually see him doing La Cage. Honestly, I'm not the biggest fan of Cheyenne's by any stretch of the imagination, but somehow I could see that working.

Princeton2
#40re: Finian's Rainbow??????
Posted: 7/11/09 at 2:48am

Is there any role for him in Ragtime? I dont know the show at all

He would be my only reason really to see Finians Rainbow. Hope he doesnt do La Cage or Night Music as I have seen these in London

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#41re: Finian's Rainbow??????
Posted: 7/11/09 at 4:33am

Cheyenne would have made a great Carl-Magnus I think.
I don't think he'd take the role of Jean-Michel.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

elphaba.scares.me Profile Photo
elphaba.scares.me
#42re: Finian's Rainbow??????
Posted: 7/11/09 at 12:58pm

From what I understand, Cheyenne was getting an offer for Carl-Magnus. No idea if he took it or not, but it would make sense.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#43re: Finian's Rainbow??????
Posted: 7/11/09 at 1:02pm

I've heard Carl-Magnus has been cast for weeks now, and it's not Cheyenne.

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#44re: Finian's Rainbow??????
Posted: 7/11/09 at 1:29pm

Jim Norton is still attached. Jeremy Bobb is out. I believe Christopher Fitzgerald is playing Og. (Correct me if I'm wrong--I heard this a week or two ago, so things might have changed since then)

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

somethingwicked
#45re: Finian's Rainbow??????
Posted: 7/11/09 at 1:29pm

I have also heard another actor's name attached to Carl-Magnus for quite some time.

From what I understand, Jackson turned down FINIAN'S RAINBOW because he wanted more scheduling flexibility to pursue other opportunities in the fall. It wouldn't exactly make sense if he was doing a different show instead, especially one where he had a significantly smaller role (as he would in A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC.)

CyCoSpAz2 Profile Photo
CyCoSpAz2
#46re: Finian's Rainbow??????
Posted: 7/11/09 at 1:38pm

I do hope Jim Norton is still attached, he would get me to see the show

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#47re: Finian's Rainbow??????
Posted: 7/11/09 at 2:16pm

Fitzgerald would make a charming Og.

barcelona20
#48re: Finian's Rainbow??????
Posted: 7/11/09 at 2:54pm

Why is everyone here afraid to name names?

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#49re: Finian's Rainbow??????
Posted: 7/11/09 at 3:00pm

Because there could be legal issues. Use some common sense. Members have gotten in trouble by leaking information on here before.

Videos