pixeltracker

Shows you'd see over and over...- Page 2

Shows you'd see over and over...

SNLMedia Profile Photo
SNLMedia
#25Shows you'd see over and over...
Posted: 7/4/10 at 9:27am

Hairspray and Curtains. Those are my "happy pill" shows.

"The world is a better place because of hairspray." - Michael Ball

DRSisLove Profile Photo
DRSisLove
#26Shows you'd see over and over...
Posted: 7/4/10 at 9:36am

Spring Awakening
Billy Elliot
Legally Blonde
American Idiot

GatorNY Profile Photo
GatorNY
#27Shows you'd see over and over...
Posted: 7/4/10 at 9:41am

Les Miserables
Ragtime
A Chorus Line
Cry-Baby (runs away quickly before anyone has a chance th throw anything.)

"The price of love is loss, but still we pay; We love anyway."

mamaleh
#28Shows you'd see over and over...
Posted: 7/4/10 at 10:15am

Original productions of:
FOLLIES
A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC
and the show I saw 20 times during its Broadway run because it made me feel like I was wafting on a happy cloud:
THE BOY FROM OZ

into_the_woods2 Profile Photo
into_the_woods2
#29Shows you'd see over and over...
Posted: 7/5/10 at 12:38am

I could easily watch A Little Night Music everyday...

"The good news is I have an excellent Tony speech. The bad news is I've had it for forty-five years."-Elaine Stritch

Gypsy9 Profile Photo
Gypsy9
#30Shows you'd see over and ove
Posted: 7/5/10 at 8:03am

This thread is similar to another one currently on the Board, so I am listing a little known show that I saw in it's entirety several times and, during my heavy drinking days, second acted it over six times: Noel Coward's THE GIRL WHO CAME TO SUPPER(1963), starring a lustrous Florence Henderson and a lackluster Jose Ferrer, and a terrific English Music Hall actress named Tessie O'Shea. It was easy to second act because it never sold out and a seat in the rear orchestra was always available. There was one scene in Act Two that I particularly enjoyed, "The Coronation Chorale" which was very cleverly staged by the excellent Joe Layton. Does anyone second act anymore?

"Madam Rose...and her daughter...Gypsy!"

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#31Shows you'd see over and ove
Posted: 7/5/10 at 9:48am

@ Gypsy9 explain to me about "second acting" a show. I'm gathering that you just walk in after intermission with those who actually paid to see the show. Sounds kind of risky to me.

The show I've seen the most is IN THE HEIGHTS. Since it opened I've seen it 7 times, I know the show like the back of my hand but I always get something new out of it every time I go. I never get tired of it and it's the only show on Broadway right now that I can instantly relate to. It's beautiful to see my people and my culture and music being represented on Broadway and every time I see it I feel overwhelmingly proud of it and it's success.

zamedy
#32Shows you'd see over and ove
Posted: 7/5/10 at 10:27pm

Hairspray
Avenue Q

Gypsy9 Profile Photo
Gypsy9
#33Shows you'd see over and ove
Posted: 7/6/10 at 6:46am

CarlosAlberto: You have the right idea about second acting a show. it is better to try it in weather that doesn't require a coat, since most people coming outside during intermission would leave their coat at their seat. You should arrive in front of the theatre when people have already stepped outside, then you mingle with them, and go into the theatre as others are doing the same. As I said, it is better to pick a show that does not sell out, so you can sit down at the rear of the orchestra--standing at the rear of the orchestra only draws attention to yourself. Yes, it is risky, but the worst that can happen to you is to be thrown out which is what happened to me decades ago at the Shubert when I tried to stand at the rear of the orchestra and could not produce a ticket stub. That was the last time I tried to second act a show. Today, you would have to produce the entire ticket, which had been scanned, if asked. The things that people do when under the influence of that "false courage" better known as alcohol!!!

"Madam Rose...and her daughter...Gypsy!"

Elphaba43
#34Shows you'd see over and ove
Posted: 7/6/10 at 2:07pm

9 to 5
Hair
Wicked
Curtains
Title of Show

I am a bagel on a plateful of onion rolls. If you know what I'm talking about, good. If you don't, you're on your own!

backwoodsbarbie Profile Photo
backwoodsbarbie
#35Shows you'd see over and ove
Posted: 7/6/10 at 2:31pm

A Chorus Line...it touches me every time
Hair...there is so much happening on that stage that something new catches your eye each time

http://backstagebarbie.blogspot.com

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#36Shows you'd see over and ove
Posted: 7/6/10 at 2:43pm

Les Miserables
Rent
Forever Plaid
Billy Elliot
Hairspray
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Xanadu
In the Heights
Legally Blonde
Falsettos

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#37Shows you'd see over and ove
Posted: 7/6/10 at 3:00pm

Little Shop of Horrors
Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson (and I did!)
Hairspray

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Salene Profile Photo
Salene
#38Shows you'd see over and ove
Posted: 7/6/10 at 3:00pm

Les Mis and Billy Elliot.

Videos