pixeltracker

Oh Yes They Did... Playbill Shows Tova As Rose- Page 2

Oh Yes They Did... Playbill Shows Tova As Rose

sally1112 Profile Photo
sally1112
#25Oh Yes They Did... Playbill Shows Tova As Rose
Posted: 12/22/11 at 7:07pm

But that guy from Guiding Light is good.

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#26Oh Yes They Did... Playbill Shows Tova As Rose
Posted: 12/22/11 at 7:19pm

They changed the clips.

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#27Oh Yes They Did... Playbill Shows Tova As Rose
Posted: 12/22/11 at 10:01pm

Where is the clip of Rose's Turn? It's not on the video anymore. Oh Yes They Did... Playbill Shows Tova As Rose

trentsketch Profile Photo
trentsketch
#28Oh Yes They Did... Playbill Shows Tova As Rose
Posted: 12/22/11 at 10:16pm

Bristol Riverside Theatre is issuing YouTube takedown notices to anyone sharing the "Rose's Turn" footage.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#29Oh Yes They Did... Playbill Shows Tova As Rose
Posted: 12/22/11 at 10:20pm

Maybe I'll post it one more time

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#30Oh Yes They Did... Playbill Shows Tova As Rose
Posted: 12/22/11 at 10:30pm

I think it's HILARIOUS that this theater realizes how awful that clip is and doesn't want it seen anywhere online.

Jordan Catalano
#31Oh Yes They Did... Playbill Shows Tova As Rose
Posted: 12/22/11 at 10:31pm

But in person is more than fine!

ComingUpRoses2 Profile Photo
ComingUpRoses2
#32Oh Yes They Did... Playbill Shows Tova As Rose
Posted: 12/22/11 at 10:39pm

Jesus! Why do they bother posting it in the first place when they know it's terrible? I can understand once, but to keep putting it back out there to be seen by the whole world. I'd have never posted them in the first place. I say cut out Rose's Turn and keep the rest of the package. More people might not be terrified to come see the show now!

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#33Oh Yes They Did... Playbill Shows Tova As Rose
Posted: 12/23/11 at 12:55am

Maybe, just maybe, it was in Tova's contract that her black tricot encased cooter was shown in the promo? Eh? Nudge, nudge?

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

Hanna from Hamburg Profile Photo
Hanna from Hamburg
#34Oh Yes They Did... Playbill Shows Tova As Rose
Posted: 12/23/11 at 7:29am

The edits to the promo make TOTAL sense. Now I want to see this! Dainty June's wig no longer looks like it was taken out of the dumpster of a Party City. The musical numbers all sound and look like they were actually rehearsed now. I hope this means we'll get another Broadway revival!

". . . POP . . ."

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#35Oh Yes They Did... Playbill Shows Tova As Rose
Posted: 12/23/11 at 9:54am

"Dainty June's wig no longer looks like it was taken out of the dumpster of a Party City."

Hanna, this made my day. I thought the same thing. :)

Clips that hideous could seriously hurt ticket sales.

Oh, and Louise still looks like she's 45.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#36Oh Yes They Did... Playbill Shows Tova As Rose
Posted: 12/24/11 at 1:59pm

Well, I wonder what our British theatre brothers and sisters thought of the original clip when (someone) send it to the West End message board. Hmmm. from RC in Austin, Texas P.S. I just checked the Playbill.com "Tovah" clip. It's been edited to remove the entire "Rose's Turn" sequence. "Uh oh."

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)
Updated On: 12/24/11 at 01:59 PM

Gothampc
#37Oh Yes They Did... Playbill Shows Tova As Rose
Posted: 12/24/11 at 3:23pm

Tovah is channeling Linda Lavin. It's a unique concept, never done with Gypsy before. Channel the worst actress to ever play the role and see if you can improve on her performance.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

staunchcharacter Profile Photo
staunchcharacter
#38Oh Yes They Did... Playbill Shows Tova As Rose
Posted: 12/24/11 at 9:15pm

I love Tovah very much. It makes me sad to see her giving such a crappy performance. She can do so much better.

Jordan Catalano
#39Oh Yes They Did... Playbill Shows Tova As Rose
Posted: 12/24/11 at 9:17pm

I actually don't think she can.

Videos