chernjam
#25EVITA, JCS New Cast Recordings?
Posted: 4/7/12 at 11:22pm

ditto on the previous post... if its another "highlights" whats the point

GatorNY Profile Photo
GatorNY
#26EVITA, JCS New Cast Recordings?
Posted: 4/7/12 at 11:27pm

I would love to be able to listen to Paul Nolan singing Gethsemane over and over again on my iPod.

"The price of love is loss, but still we pay; We love anyway."

chernjam Profile Photo
chernjam
#27EVITA, JCS New Cast Recordings?
Posted: 4/9/12 at 11:06pm

Looking at this weeks grosses seems to dispel whoever posted that JCS isn't doing well and that they're "papering" shows

EponineAmneris Profile Photo
EponineAmneris
#28EVITA, JCS New Cast Recordings?
Posted: 4/27/12 at 9:14am

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Confirmed-New-Broadway-EVITA-Cast-Album-to-Be-2-CD-Set-20120427

Sounds great to me!

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS

Joey. Profile Photo
Joey.
#29EVITA, JCS New Cast Recordings?
Posted: 5/5/12 at 12:11am

EVITA, JCS New Cast Recordings?

Ew. EVITA, JCS New Cast Recordings?

Updated On: 5/5/12 at 12:11 AM

HBP Profile Photo
HBP
#30EVITA, JCS New Cast Recordings?
Posted: 5/5/12 at 12:27am

meh it's not THAT terrible. they're only making the album to showcase/make money off of ricky... so it's to be expected, i guess.

choitoy Profile Photo
choitoy
#31EVITA, JCS New Cast Recordings?
Posted: 5/5/12 at 1:38am

If that's the official cover, ick!

For some reason, it looks a little cheap and tacky, and almost smells of desperation (buy this album because Ricky Martin!!!)

It reminds me of those old playbills for flop shows where they start off with poster art, and eventually switch to a "glamour shot" of the star (like Angela for "Dear World").

Actually, now that I think about it, it looks like an above average job that people who make their own covers for "bootleg" recordings make.

Xanadu! Can't cry on cue!

mschwager Profile Photo
mschwager
#32EVITA, JCS New Cast Recordings?
Posted: 5/5/12 at 12:32pm

Evita is getting a 2-Disc recording w/Masterworks, but it seems like it will also get a 1 Disc highlights.

http://www.amazon.com/Evita-New-Broadway-Cast-Recording/dp/B007Y6OZAO/ref=pd_ybh_8

http://www.amazon.com/Evita--New-Broadway-Cast-Recording/dp/B007P6VM5Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1336235419&sr=8-1

No word yet on JCS

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#33EVITA, JCS New Cast Recordings?
Posted: 5/5/12 at 12:42pm

For those of you already complaining about the artwork exactly what would you have preferred? Another Evita head? Any suggestions?

Joey. Profile Photo
Joey.
#34EVITA, JCS New Cast Recordings?
Posted: 5/5/12 at 2:11pm

EVITA, JCS New Cast Recordings?

Yes, actually. Something like this would be much better.

MTVMANN Profile Photo
MTVMANN
#35EVITA, JCS New Cast Recordings?
Posted: 5/5/12 at 2:34pm

I just bought it!

Pedro Filho Profile Photo
Pedro Filho
#36EVITA, JCS New Cast Recordings?
Posted: 5/5/12 at 3:07pm

I love the Evita head. It's iconic to me. I love how each production alters it so it's always fresh.

I only want variety--notoriety!

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#37EVITA, JCS New Cast Recordings?
Posted: 5/5/12 at 3:20pm

@Joey. That's a nice cover and it's actually what I was expecting as the cover for this new recording so the fact that they didn't use it and did something completely different than almost every other EVITA recording actually took me by surprise and really sets it apart from the others.

The official cover isn't *that* bad. However they should really think about replacing Ricky's picture with a more flattering shot.

Updated On: 5/5/12 at 03:20 PM

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#38EVITA, JCS New Cast Recordings?
Posted: 5/6/12 at 9:12am

Well, both listings on Amazon have the full two-disc track listing including a bonus track of "No Llores Por Mi Argentina."

But yes, one does say 1-disc and one says 2-disc... I apparently pre-ordered the 1-disc before there was a 2-disc listing. Ugh!

Also there is a "limited edition outer sleeve"... so maybe the cover art we see on Amazon is the sleeve and the 2012 Broadway Cast is the cover in the case.
Updated On: 5/6/12 at 09:12 AM

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#39EVITA, JCS New Cast Recordings?
Posted: 5/6/12 at 9:37am

Since it's a preorder you can easily cancel it and order the two disc if you want.

Videos