Happiest Finales?

rhdery Profile Photo
rhdery
#25Happiest Finales?
Posted: 12/30/12 at 10:45pm

Tomorrow Looks Good From Here at the end of One Man Two Guvnors to add to the list s bit. It was really great. I feel happy now just remembering it.

I also love Tomorrow is a Latter day from Book of Mormon.

Idiot Profile Photo
Idiot
#26Happiest Finales?
Posted: 12/31/12 at 12:27am

HAIRSPRAY, hands down. It was the first thing to pop to mind and I was delighted that several others up top had the exact same thought.

ILuv2shop531
#27Happiest Finales?
Posted: 12/31/12 at 12:53am

"I Got You"-Bring It On.
I can't even think about how that must have felt for them today

Greekmusicalfan Profile Photo
Greekmusicalfan
#28Happiest Finales?
Posted: 12/31/12 at 7:46am

Definitely HAIRSPRAY's, MAMMA MIA's, and BOOK OF MORMON's are the first ones that pop to mind, when talking about happy finales !

But, am I the only one who thinks that RENT's finale is also amazing and uplifting ??

Updated On: 12/31/12 at 07:46 AM

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#29Happiest Finales?
Posted: 1/1/13 at 3:43pm

I agree that "Hairspray" is the best. I personally thought "Avenue Q" finale "For Now" was pretty happy and funny.

PennybankBill Profile Photo
PennybankBill
#30Happiest Finales?
Posted: 1/1/13 at 3:58pm

LuminousBeing, I don't see how "Make Our Garden Grow" is a happy ending. I think it's more of a depressing but truthful realisation that nothing is for the best. I cry every time i hear it.

massofmen
#31Happiest Finales?
Posted: 1/1/13 at 4:48pm

ummm dont stop believing in Rock of ages.

TheGingerBreadMan Profile Photo
TheGingerBreadMan
#32Happiest Finales?
Posted: 1/1/13 at 7:06pm

Ones that come to mind for me:

Tomorrow is Latter Day from BOM
You Can't Stop the Beat from HAIRSPRAY

I like how SHREK was staged at the finale, with Shrek and Fiona coming up on the lift and sharing a kiss.

BRING IT ON brought a smile to face as well.

Far From Home Profile Photo
Far From Home
#33Happiest Finales?
Posted: 1/1/13 at 8:21pm

Brigadoon.

zamedy
#34Happiest Finales?
Posted: 1/1/13 at 10:00pm

Definitely, definitely "You Can't Stop The Beat" from HAIRSPAY. I was at the closing show. I wish I could have bottled up those final 10 minutes and taken them home with me. THE. BEST.

The tap dancing ending to 42ND STREET is also a favorite, and "One" from A CHORUS LINE is chill-indusing.

OperaBwayLover Profile Photo
OperaBwayLover
#35Happiest Finales?
Posted: 1/1/13 at 10:42pm

Greekmusicalfan: you're not alone- I thought of RENT too!

I'd like to add "The Circle of Life(reprise)" from Lion King to the list. Beautifully staged, and the full ensemble singing as one is chilling, and in a good way. I wish it was on the OBCR.

And while some may argue about the happiness part, I'm gonna be bold and suggest Les Miserables' finale is happy, of sorts. The message of the lyrics is wonderful.

rhdery Profile Photo
rhdery
#36Happiest Finales?
Posted: 1/2/13 at 12:31am

Les Mis ending is certainly uplifting and inspiring. It celebrates life as a great tragedy should in all its pain, suffering and joy.

Inigomontoya
#37Happiest Finales?
Posted: 1/2/13 at 9:32am

What about the La Cage ending and the reprise of the best of times?

faith587 Profile Photo
faith587
#38Happiest Finales?
Posted: 1/2/13 at 11:10am

"New Deal For Christmas" from Annie, especially how it's done in the current revival with the tapping, has always been a favorite of mine.

mamaleh
#39Happiest Finales?
Posted: 1/2/13 at 11:37am

The "go out shakin' your maracas"-themed finale to THE BOY FROM OZ, "I Go to Rio," sent me out of the Imperial giddy with joy. Runner up: HAIRSPRAY's "You Can't Stop the Beat."

Videos