Allegiance Rush?

VintageSnarker
#25Allegiance Rush?
Posted: 12/28/15 at 6:11pm

Any update on where rush/lottery seats have been located? 

LuminousBeing Profile Photo
LuminousBeing
#26Allegiance Rush?
Posted: 12/28/15 at 6:43pm

I tried rush a few weeks ago on a Saturday. Got to the box office at about 10:15 to find rush was all sold out. Bought a seat through Todaytix in the rear balcony after losing the digital lottery. Moved at intermission to front left mezz (front row, full and gorgeous view). The *entire section* was empty--I easily spotted over 100 empty seats in the front mezz alone, plus about 30 partial side orchestra seats. There was no way rush was strictly based on availability--there were even about 20 empty rear balcony seats.

TapDanceGal
#27Allegiance Rush?
Posted: 12/28/15 at 6:49pm

My friend and I won the digital lotto the weekend before Christmas. Our seats were 8th row side orchestra on the aisle.

_IrisTInkerbell Profile Photo
_IrisTInkerbell
#28Allegiance Rush?
Posted: 12/29/15 at 6:02pm

Tried the rush today at shortly after 12 for the evening show and they were sold out. I think the Holidays are messing everything up, though.

Anthony12
#29Allegiance Rush?
Posted: 12/29/15 at 8:09pm

how do you do the digital lotto?

mpkie
#30Allegiance Rush?
Posted: 12/29/15 at 8:32pm

I won a lottery ticket back in October and was pretty upset that I didn't realize they sold me a balcony seat, E17, second to last row balcony right... I assumed it was orchestra row E when it was handed to me. Essentially, they sold me a ticket I would never have purchased in the first place. If I were so inclined to buy that seat (again - never), it would have merely saved me a whopping $6 as the seat can be purchased for $45.

I know it it says the seat could be anywhere but it never crossed my mind that it would be in the nosebleeds. It's partially my fault for not asking, but they should really always tell you the seat before they sell it to you. I felt a little ripped off, but my ruffled feathers were smoothed over by how much I enjoyed the show. :)

VintageSnarker
#31Allegiance Rush?
Posted: 12/31/15 at 3:52pm

mpkie, how was the view up in the nosebleeds? I think I'll hedge my bets by going for rush in the morning and also entering the lotto. I don't need an orchestra seat but I'd at least like a mezzanine seat, otherwise, I agree. It makes more sense to just buy a ticket ahead of time for the balcony and not have to deal with all of this.

_IrisTInkerbell
#32Allegiance Rush?
Posted: 12/31/15 at 4:00pm

My lottery seat a few weeks ago was up there, and I thought the view was fine. It's a small-ish theater, so it didn't feel as nose-blood as balcony seats in the New Amsterdam, that was just miserable.

My friend, who's usually an orchestra seat snub ended up buying the $45 seat when we didn't get rush (I didn't because I'd already seen it & they only had one for that price) and even she said the view was totally okay.

But I do agree, it is a bit silly to have rush/lottery if you only save $6 (plus fees if you would otherwise buy online). From what I heard though is that you can get mezz or orch seats now, it's not all up there anymore (depending on availability)

mcsquared
#33Allegiance Rush?
Posted: 1/4/16 at 12:26am

Do you have to pay for the ticket right away if you win the lottery or do you just confirm you want it and pay at the box office before it starts? If you win and turn it down can you enter again for another day? Given how little luck I have had with Fun Home digital lotto thought it might be wise to enter more than one at time but wasn't sure if that strategy could backfire.

hanabana
#34Allegiance Rush?
Posted: 1/7/16 at 7:53pm

Thinking about rushing this weekend.  Does anyone has any information on how the youth rush has been lately (Like how early I should get there and where the seats are)?  I would love to see Lea Salonga perform, but am not sure if I want to sit in the balcony...

hanabana
#35Allegiance Rush?
Posted: 1/8/16 at 8:20pm

Bump.  Does anyone have any recent info on this?  Might try Sunday.  Any help would be much appreciated!

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#36Allegiance Rush?
Posted: 1/9/16 at 1:04am

Went today and was told rush sells out early. Which, I find so hard to believe when the show isn't doing well and is closing. Wouldn't you rather have butts in the seats? 

BroadwayGuy12 Profile Photo
BroadwayGuy12
#37Allegiance Rush?
Posted: 1/9/16 at 9:07am

Yeah, I rushed a week or two ago and rush sold out quickly. I was fourth in line and got the last two tickets, meaning they only sold eight in total. There were a lot of disappointed people behind me and, I have to admit, I was surprised that they weren't offering that many seats.

VintageSnarker
#38Allegiance Rush?
Posted: 1/9/16 at 4:50pm

I'm sticking to the lottery for the time being. Haven't won yet.

hanabana
#39Allegiance Rush?
Posted: 1/9/16 at 11:05pm

Thanks for the info!  BroadwayGuy12, how early did you get there, and how were your seats?  Thanks again.

BroadwayGuy12 Profile Photo
BroadwayGuy12
#40Allegiance Rush?
Posted: 1/10/16 at 9:26am

hanabana said: "Thanks for the info!  BroadwayGuy12, how early did you get there, and how were your seats?  Thanks again."

I got there around 9:15, and the seats were all rear orchestra. I got row O, seat 4 -- great view!

_IrisTInkerbell
#41Allegiance Rush?
Posted: 1/11/16 at 9:53am

mcsquared said: "Do you have to pay for the ticket right away if you win the lottery or do you just confirm you want it and pay at the box office before it starts? If you win and turn it down can you enter again for another day? Given how little luck I have had with Fun Home digital lotto thought it might be wise to enter more than one at time but wasn't sure if that strategy could backfire."

You don't even have to confirm. You get an email saying you won, and pick them up at the BO and pay there. Or not. The first time I entered I won straight away but then couldn't make it, so I never picked it up. I entered and won again the next day, and went that time. So you're not locked out, at least if you don't pick it up.

dancer484
#43Allegiance Rush?
Posted: 1/11/16 at 10:11am

I also rushed yesterday. Got there at 11:55am (for a noon open). I was about 15 or 20 people back and got the last single rush ticket available after two people in front of me turned it down. It was for the evening show and I was center orchestra in row M.

hanabana
#44Allegiance Rush?
Posted: 1/11/16 at 1:59pm

Thanks for all responses!  I rushed yesterday as well, got there at about 11:20 and was about 9th or 10th in line.  It was a rainy day so I have no idea if that's why the line was not that long.  Got rush tickets for the night show, and got first row in the balcony.  The view is good, but I'm glad no one sat behind us - the only way to see over the railing is to lean forward (a lot), which I assume would block the view of the next row.  The show was great!

VintageSnarker
#45Allegiance Rush?
Posted: 1/11/16 at 2:28pm

Happy to hear about all the orchestra rush seats. I'll try that ASAP.

mailhandler777
#46Allegiance Rush?
Posted: 1/12/16 at 12:57am

I had a TDF seat for Sunday night and ended up Row F Seat 4. 

Hi, I'm Val. Formerly DefyGravity777(I believe)

asmith0307
#47Allegiance Rush?
Posted: 1/12/16 at 5:09pm

Thanks for the updates everyone. I'm looking to rush for the Saturday matinee, so I'll plan on getting there fairly early with my bagel and my kindle

mpkie
#48Allegiance Rush?
Posted: 1/15/16 at 12:59am

VintageSnarker: Sorry for late response! Surprisingly fine. Very clear view of the full stage and no obstruction whatsoever. It's pretty with the chandelier and all. Sound seemed great up there too. Guess it's fine as long as no one is afraid of heights because it is quite steep.

qqmill
#49Allegiance Rush?
Posted: 1/17/16 at 6:12pm

I rushed last Sunday, Jan 10 when it was a bit rainy and got there at 8:30am, first in line. I think the next person in line showed up around 10:35am haha. Got front row balcony tickets for the 7pm show, but we got there 5-10 mins before curtain and the ushers let us sit in the Orchestra in rows N 3 and 4. Would defo recommend going on a Sunday.    

There were a few hiccups in the process, I liveblogged my rush experience and show review here: http://www.millennial-madness.com/2016/01/allegiance-on-broadway-rush.html

Updated On: 1/17/16 at 06:12 PM

asmith0307
#50Allegiance Rush?
Posted: 1/18/16 at 1:24am

Got there around 9 (I think 8:57 to be exact) and was #7 in line - first for the Sat. matinee. Got seated in row K on the aisle.

Videos