pixeltracker

Please take this one question Broadway survey- Page 2

Please take this one question Broadway survey

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#25Please take this one question Broadway survey
Posted: 11/3/16 at 3:40pm

I closed out of the first window. Victoria, I see what you're trying to do, but it's deeply flawed. If you ask people for something they believe to be the "_____ of all time," you either need to let them fill in a box or give them all of the options. I'm sorry you're getting a hard time on here, but it's important just as a life lesson to give these kinds of problems consideration. 

Victoria Green
#26Please take this one question Broadway survey
Posted: 11/3/16 at 3:43pm

The project called for a question with 4 distinct answer choices. It was a struggle to pick only 4 out of all the brilliant choices there are but I had to follow guidelines.

Updated On: 11/3/16 at 03:43 PM

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#27Please take this one question Broadway survey
Posted: 11/3/16 at 3:45pm

You still haven't named the NINE* Pulitzer Prize winning musicals, Victoria.

*Thanks, Pippin. I always forget How to Succeed!

Victoria Green
#28Please take this one question Broadway survey
Posted: 11/3/16 at 3:52pm

Of Thee I Sing, South Pacific, Fiorello!, Rent, Sunday in the Park with George, A Chorus Line,How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying, Next to Normal, and Hamilton are the 9 I believe. But what does that prove it can be found on the internet.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#29Please take this one question Broadway survey
Posted: 11/3/16 at 3:53pm

Ah, well that makes sense then, Victoria—but then you should have formatted the question to read along the lines of, "Of the following choices, which do you believe is the best musical?" Or something like that as opposed to making your four choices sound definitive. You see what I'm saying?

Victoria Green
#30Please take this one question Broadway survey
Posted: 11/3/16 at 4:00pm

I do understand but you must admit it's quite amusing how serious people are taking this. Some people are acting as if this will be the difference between Idina and Kristin coming back for a revival or not! xD

Dysquith13 Profile Photo
Dysquith13
#31Please take this one question Broadway survey
Posted: 11/3/16 at 4:01pm

Discussion about the wording of the question aside (I can't bring anything new to the table, really), how did you all rank things?

1. Les Mis

2. Hamilton

3. Wicked

4. Phantom

It was VEEEERRRY tough to choose between Les Mis and Hamilton.

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#32Please take this one question Broadway survey
Posted: 11/3/16 at 4:04pm

None of those four is the best Broadway musical of all time, in my opinion, so there's no way I can even begin (let alone complete) this "survey."

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#33Please take this one question Broadway survey
Posted: 11/3/16 at 4:37pm

Victoria, he meant can you name them without searching on the internet.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#34Please take this one question Broadway survey
Posted: 11/3/16 at 5:51pm

They take it seriously because you asked them to do something. they were all willing to help you, but couldn't because you simply didn't care enough to take the time to create  something  that made sense.  

Anything worth doing....

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#35Please take this one question Broadway survey
Posted: 11/3/16 at 6:06pm

The project called for a question with 4 distinct answer choices. It was a struggle to pick only 4 out of all the brilliant choices there are but I had to follow guidelines.

Did you follow guidelines?  Yes, you have four distinct answer choices, but your question is not worded for for only four choices.  I don't know how much this project entails or for what class, but based on this question, I'd give you a D.  You seem either to don't understand or simply don't care about the purpose and function of a survey and its components.  This is for college?!?!

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#36Please take this one question Broadway survey
Posted: 11/3/16 at 6:09pm

Y'all are f*cked up. 

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#37Please take this one question Broadway survey
Posted: 11/3/16 at 9:19pm

gypsy101 said: "Victoria, he meant can you name them without searching on the internet.

"

How do you know she did? You don't.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#38Please take this one question Broadway survey
Posted: 11/3/16 at 10:33pm

Why don't you ask her?

dramamama611
#39Please take this one question Broadway survey
Posted: 11/3/16 at 11:09pm

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

sng
#40Please take this one question Broadway survey
Posted: 11/3/16 at 11:16pm

I'd be fine with the question if the OP actually posted 4 of the actual greatest musicals of all time

dramamama611
#41Please take this one question Broadway survey
Posted: 11/4/16 at 5:40am

Or simply asked us to rank the following 4 musicals.

To the op: very few really care if they perform together or not.

godlessondheimite
#42Please take this one question Broadway survey
Posted: 11/4/16 at 9:01am

Victoria Green said: "The project called for a question with 4 distinct answer choices. It was a struggle to pick only 4 out of all the brilliant choices there are but I had to follow guidelines.

"

Then make a different question, kid.

Big Apple2 Profile Photo
Big Apple2
#43Please take this one question Broadway survey
Posted: 11/4/16 at 9:19am

Tough crowd. Please take this one question Broadway survey

Updated On: 11/4/16 at 09:19 AM

BroadwayRox3588 Profile Photo
BroadwayRox3588
#44Please take this one question Broadway survey
Posted: 11/4/16 at 1:28pm

I answered the survey, ranking those four from my favorite to least favorite, and none of those four shows would even be in my top 5 favorite musicals of all time. Putting the ego aside to help someone with something really gives a good feeling, and I would encourage anyone to give it a shot.

Mister Matt
#45Please take this one question Broadway survey
Posted: 11/4/16 at 2:13pm

I don't consider doing something completely wrong and invalidating a survey for a school project to be helping someone.  Providing assistance to fix what is wrong is more helpful than acquiescence.

I answered the survey, ranking those four from my favorite to least favorite, and none of those four shows would even be in my top 5 favorite musicals of all time.

Okay.  You lied and contributed to false results.  As long as that gives you a good feeling, then that's what really matters.  At least you were able to put your ego aside to tell us all how altruistic and morally responsible you are.  Give yourself a pat on the back!

slumdogdelaware Profile Photo
slumdogdelaware
#46Please take this one question Broadway survey
Posted: 11/4/16 at 2:18pm

It must be a slow Friday for this simple request to get trolled so hard, geez.

Mister Matt
#47Please take this one question Broadway survey
Posted: 11/4/16 at 2:35pm

Well, it was actually posted on two boards yesterday, but I'm curious as to what you consider "trolling".

BroadwayRox3588
#48Please take this one question Broadway survey
Posted: 11/4/16 at 2:41pm

Mister Matt said: "I don't consider doing something completely wrong and invalidating a survey for a school project to be helping someone.  Providing assistance to fix what is wrong is more helpful than acquiescence.

I answered the survey, ranking those four from my favorite to least favorite, and none of those four shows would even be in my top 5 favorite musicals of all time.

Okay.  You lied and contributed to false results.  As long as that gives you a good feeling, then that's what really matters.  At least you were able to put your ego aside to tell us all how altruistic and morally responsible you are.  Give yourself a pat on the back!

"

No? I contributed to the assignment, attempting to help someone. Maybe the question wasn't worded the best, but it's pretty clear what the question means. Rank these four musicals from your favorite, to your least. Have you ever worded a question wrong? If not, then wow! You must be superhuman! And I'm pretty sure all of you are smart enough to know what the question meant, as well. Which would seem to mean that y'all just want to nitpick. Which is totally fine, but just admit it.

BroadwayRox3588
#49Please take this one question Broadway survey
Posted: 11/4/16 at 2:43pm

I think I'm with Victoria now. This high horse is beginning to move from frustrating to amusing.

Videos