pixeltracker

Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL- Page 2

Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#25Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/18/17 at 10:58pm

She did recently take leave from Waitress for a night or two, and said on her Instagram that she has a big announcement that would be worth here being out for a few shows...maybe this has to do with it too.

And yes: weird she says this fall is the conflict, as we assume "Carousel" isn't rehearsing yet.

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#26Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/18/17 at 10:58pm

jacobsnchz14 said: "Eliza Doolittle, I wish."

I would cry.

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#27Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/18/17 at 11:00pm

So disappointed. How does she have conflicts for the fall when rehearsals begin next year? Will she be Elsa after all?

non-stop26 Profile Photo
non-stop26
#28Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/18/17 at 11:00pm

Please tell me this is just a bad dream and I'll wake up any second

broadwayboy223
#29Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/18/17 at 11:01pm

Something fishy is going on here. Her Carrie would have been BEAUTIFUL 

starcatchers Profile Photo
starcatchers
#30Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/18/17 at 11:01pm

Whateverjsays said: "Call_me_jorge said: "I was hoping she would get her tony award from this. Now I'm full on sobbing. I love Betsy sooo much. Someone tell me it's going to be alright and she's still going to have a healthy career."

I mean. She exited Frozen and now Carousel. Both extremely highly anticipated shows. How do you do that to your career?
"

I don't think going into Waitress was exactly a poor move. And I'm assuming there is a reason for dropping out of Carousel. 

the artist formerly known as dancingthrulife04 Check out my Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/dreamanddrift And please consider donating to my Ride to Remember, benefitting the Alzheimer's Association: http://act.alz.org/site/TR?fr_id=8200&pg=personal&px=6681234

BroadwayConcierge
#31Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/18/17 at 11:03pm

I can't stop thinking about what could be happening behind the scenes. She has to be heading to something pretty big, right? Elsa? Eliza Doolittle? I feel like Scott Rudin of all people wouldn't let such a prominent principal out of his big-league show that quickly.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#32Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/18/17 at 11:07pm

She was talking about carousel FIVE days ago! I'm so emo!! Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

VotePeron Profile Photo
VotePeron
#33Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/18/17 at 11:09pm

Obviously being her choice, I'm wondering if Carousel is workshopping this Fall, and she had another project, and they wouldn't let her contractually miss the workshop? Why else would she mention the Fall?

Or, she's suddenly Elsa again. And like, yeah, then you'd quit Carousel. Or maybe a movie?

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#34Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/18/17 at 11:10pm

Maybe she's not going to be able to be in a show 9 months from now...

wicked_beast4 Profile Photo
wicked_beast4
#35Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/18/17 at 11:12pm

Jordan, that is my thought as well...

"He found something that he wanted, had always wanted and always would want— not to be admired, as he had feared; not to be loved, as he had made himself believe; but to be necessary to people, to be indispensable." -F. Scott Fitzgerald's This Side of Paradise

Call_me_jorge
#36Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/18/17 at 11:12pm

The only movie that I can think of that begins production in nine months(at least the one I hope is) is WICKED. So please Jordan, tell me she's been cast as Elphaba. Still doesn't make sense why they mentioned this fall, but whatever.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#37Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/18/17 at 11:13pm

Jesus Christ. 

Call_me_jorge
#38Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL

Unless you're saying something else with the nine months thing...

MaddieBB12 Profile Photo
MaddieBB12
#39Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL

Umm, hun, I don't think that's what he's alluding to...

broadwayboy223
#40Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/18/17 at 11:14pm

This is insane 

At-the-glen
#41Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/18/17 at 11:15pm

Her clear Carousel excitement in recent days just makes it seem like she would've done some different planning if she were trying to get pregnant. 

BroadwayConcierge
#42Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/18/17 at 11:15pm

Call_me_jorge said: "The only movie that I can think of that begins production in nine months(at least the one I hope is) is WICKED. So please Jordan, tell me she's been cast as Elphaba. Still doesn't make sense why they mentioned this fall, but whatever."

Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL

wicked_beast4 Profile Photo
wicked_beast4
#43Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/18/17 at 11:17pm

At-the-glen said: "Her clear Carousel excitement in recent days just makes it seem like she would've done some different planning if she were trying to get pregnant."

ugh I TOTALLY forgot that pregancy only happens when it's planned!

"He found something that he wanted, had always wanted and always would want— not to be admired, as he had feared; not to be loved, as he had made himself believe; but to be necessary to people, to be indispensable." -F. Scott Fitzgerald's This Side of Paradise

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#44Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/18/17 at 11:18pm

Jorge, just stop. She's not going to be in the Wicked movie. Would never happen.

I was thinking pregnancy as well. 

Damiensta
#45Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/18/17 at 11:18pm

Jordan Catalano said: "Maybe she's not going to be able to be in a show 9 months from now..."

LOL I thought your comment was pretty obvious haha

broadwayboy223
#46Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/18/17 at 11:19pm

If she's pregnant why wouldn't she make a statement about it instead of calling it a "conflict"? She's not gonna get sent to a nunnery LOL

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#47Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/18/17 at 11:20pm

This is the one and only time I wish someone on this board would say "I know why but I can't say say what it is". Just to calm everything down a bit

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone

broadwaynerdnewbie Profile Photo
broadwaynerdnewbie
#48Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/18/17 at 11:20pm

This is disappointing. I hope she's departing for a better role, I really do like her a lot.

BroadwayConcierge
#49Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/18/17 at 11:21pm

I love how this thread is barely two pages in, and we already have like 12 different show possibilities and a pregnancy rumor.

For Betsy's sake, I hope she announces whatever her plans are soon.

Videos