News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Embarassing Encounters!

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#25re: Embarassing Encounters!
Posted: 7/10/04 at 12:33am

"i...i...i..uhhhhh.....ummm"

Why that's what I do best!

A work of art is an invitation to love.

SammyGal
#26re: Embarassing Encounters!
Posted: 7/10/04 at 12:37am

aww we've all done that with someone! hehe

On a clear day I can see myself for miles ~Taboo

Gypsy2 Profile Photo
Gypsy2
#27re: Embarassing Encounters!
Posted: 7/10/04 at 12:45am

That's a pretty well-used line for me as well. Fantastic conversationalists we all are.

You know it and you want it... you just can't believe you've got it.

SammyGal
#28re: Embarassing Encounters!
Posted: 7/10/04 at 12:46am

We should start a rhetoric school!

Gypsy2 Profile Photo
Gypsy2
#29re: Embarassing Encounters!
Posted: 7/10/04 at 12:48am

Or we could help teach the language to immigrants that don't speak any english. They'll go out in the world, all proud that they finally learned how to speak a language made up of "i...i...i....ummmmm, uh...."s.

shesings
#30re: Embarassing Encounters!
Posted: 7/10/04 at 12:49am

oh shubert ... the MUNY! wow .... memories

Paul LW Profile Photo
Paul LW
#31re: Embarassing Encounters!
Posted: 7/10/04 at 12:52am

Haha a funny little anecdote.
I went to go see the Senior Showcase of the University of Michigan's Musical Theatre dep't.
And after I was talking to the chair of the dep't and because I would be an incoming freshman next he wanted to personally introduce my mother and I to some of the seniors.
So he walks us over to the young lady who had just recently played Mary Magdalene in their production of "Jesus Christ Superstar"...
Chair: And this is senior Michelle *****....
My Mother: (screaming, thinking she is funny) MARY!!!

Haha...I laughed...but so did "Mary"

I dunno!

I guess you had to be there and know my mom, but just the fact she was introduced as Michelle and my mother then screams "MARY!!!" in her face...

oh mommy!

SammyGal
#32re: Embarassing Encounters!
Posted: 7/10/04 at 12:54am

Are all mother's supposed to be embarassing?! haha

Gypsy2 Profile Photo
Gypsy2
#33re: Embarassing Encounters!
Posted: 7/10/04 at 12:57am

My mom embarassed herself in front of Eden too. She has that effect on people, makes them act dumb. So mom said to Eden she had jellybeans, and Eden's like "What?" And mom goes "I got jellybeans, pink and green ones." And Eden gets it, because before she didn't, so she goes "Ohh... thank you." So mom's looking through her bag, and I'm laughing to myself because my mom was being silly, then she finds them and Eden thanks her again, but next time I saw Eden and mentioned my mom, she went "oh yeah, the one that gave me jellybeans." So I guess stupid and wierd is memorable after all.

#34re: Embarassing Encounters!
Posted: 7/10/04 at 1:01am

One day, I was storming along the sidewalk in Manhattan as many people do, and completely knocked Elizabeth Ashley on her butt. Poor thing, she was just trying to get to the stage door. Fortunately, she's a good ole broad, and we just laughed and laughed about it - it was almost worth it just to hear that trademark baritone chuckle come out of her live re: Embarassing Encounters!

chinkie azn jai Profile Photo
chinkie azn jai
#35re: Embarassing Encounters!
Posted: 7/10/04 at 1:11am

Well, it's not really embarassing but....when i went to the LSOH stage door, i had no idea what to say to people. So i was kind of rambling about how talented they are and what ive seen them in (ie kerry butler and douglas sills). And the things that i did remember saying make no sense to me now. Like i remember saying "you were really talented tonight" oh my god, i could have said something that made sense. they probably thought i was a loser. haha Ususally when i go to the stage doors, i am soo in the moment i forget to say things i wanted to say. Like when i met john tartaglia, i could have said more than "you are really talented and congrats on the avenue q tonys." I wanted to say something about his "on the board" interview or something else that could have expressed what a fan i was! oh well...hopefully ill get better at this kind of stuff.

"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#36re: Embarassing Encounters!
Posted: 7/10/04 at 1:18am

john tartaglia is one of the few i didn't make an ass out of myself in front of. I actually made him laugh when i ran into him on the street and blurted out "hey could u sign....(looking frantically around my stuff and spotting the milliew poster i just got signed)oh hell..this?" he laughed and said he was happy i knew who they (he and jennifer barnhart) were.

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

ShbrtAlley44 Profile Photo
ShbrtAlley44
#37re: Embarassing Encounters!
Posted: 7/10/04 at 2:21am

My mother went up to (Shrek's) John Lithgow after a performance of Sweet Smell of Success and said "Mr. Lithgow, I absolutely MUST ask you....do you know the Muffin Man?"

Musetta1957 Profile Photo
Musetta1957
#38re: Embarassing Encounters!
Posted: 7/10/04 at 2:36am

I almost accidentally stole an envelope of stuff from an actor who was signing my playbill, because he had it in one hand and was signing with the other, then when I took the playbill back, I had his envelope in my hand. Oops. Well, he was nice about it, anyway. re: Embarassing Encounters!

ShbrtAlley44 Profile Photo
ShbrtAlley44
#39re: Embarassing Encounters!
Posted: 7/10/04 at 2:37am

My father, additionally, asked Dan Aykroyd if the word "Bass-O-Matic" meant anything to him. He also asked Russ Tamblyn, who was sitting near George Chakiris at a sci fi convention, if he and George were going to have a knife fight later on in the day.

Delphine Profile Photo
Delphine
#40re: Embarassing Encounters!
Posted: 7/10/04 at 2:50am

Just a couple weeks ago, I finally mustered up the courage to go to a stagedoor to meet one of my favorite actors. I was shaking and I babbled like many do, it would seem, but when I asked for a photo and the actor agreed, semi-disaster struck. I whipped out my camera from my bag, only to find it dripping in chocolate. I had forgotten that I had left Hershey's Kisses in bag the previous day, and it had melted everywhere. In panic, I wiped the chocolate off onto my shirt all the while hopping up and down and mumbling to myself.

In the end, I got my photo, and the actor was very, very nice about it all. But I can't help shuddering when I look at the picture, me in all my chocolate-covered-shirt glory. Updated On: 7/10/04 at 02:50 AM

spiderdj82 Profile Photo
spiderdj82
#41re: Embarassing Encounters!
Posted: 7/10/04 at 3:24am

That's awesome

"They're eating her and then they're going to eat me. OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!" -Troll 2

SammyGal
#42re: Embarassing Encounters!
Posted: 7/10/04 at 3:30am

Shbrt, your parents are so funny and crazy! hahaha
"Mr. Lithgow, I absolutely MUST ask you....do you know the Muffin Man?"
hahahahah HYSTERICAL!

and Delphine! chocolate glory! What we do as fans...we should be honored!

Delphine Profile Photo
Delphine
#43re: Embarassing Encounters!
Posted: 7/10/04 at 3:49am

We most certainly should be honoured! And the actors flattered! What love we demonstrate!

SammyGal
#44re: Embarassing Encounters!
Posted: 7/10/04 at 4:16am

Indeed!

Wicked_Elphie Profile Photo
Wicked_Elphie
#45re: Embarassing Encounters!
Posted: 7/11/04 at 1:31am

Oh I will def not kill you luv for sharing my petting but yes Raul Esparza pet me hahah! I have to say that it was probobly one of the best experiences of my life lol! nah but seriously what luv didn't mention was that we were petting him as well a few minutes before that lol. At Broadway under the stars he was wearing this really nice suade jacket(why I have no idea because it was like 8 billion degrees) but after we talked to him and I told him I was sorry about the tony awards and all we were posing for a picture with him. During this posing me and Luv were most definitely just standing there grinning like mad and petting his jacket lol!! We just couldn't help ourselves hehe!

Haha ok random I know but also I think luvtheEmcee failed to mention another one of her funny stagedoor moments...one I'd like to refer to as the "wow" conversation. lol It was really the only word she could say when we were meeting Patrick Wilson. She really has improved but seeing someone as intelligent and talkative reduced to a single syllable was amusing...oh Luv you know I love you!! PW was obviously amused by it as well lol!!

Sammy I can't tell you how amused I was at ur post about Raul and his unfortunate situation LOL! I can't believe he said that to you! I would have died lol!Poor Raul though...I would feel so awful if I was the cast member who inflicted that pain on such a beautiful man!

"Take a breath. Take a step. Take a chance. Take your time." -L5Y

luvtheEmcee
#46re: Embarassing Encounters!
Posted: 7/11/04 at 1:35am

Well there's enough on there to embarass me for a while! LOL!

Wicked_Elphie Profile Photo
Wicked_Elphie
#47re: Embarassing Encounters!
Posted: 7/11/04 at 1:39am

that was not my intention...well not entirely lol!! I re: Embarassing Encounters! you!! lol

"Take a breath. Take a step. Take a chance. Take your time." -L5Y

luvtheEmcee
#48re: Embarassing Encounters!
Posted: 7/11/04 at 1:41am

lol, if it's any consolation, I laughed out loud while reading that. As long as I can laugh at myself, I suppose... even though petting someone just isn't normal.

BudFrump23 Profile Photo
BudFrump23
#49re: Embarassing Encounters!
Posted: 7/11/04 at 2:09am

I went to meet people after a show last week. One of the people I wanted to mee was Lewis Black. So, I walk up to him, and started chatting it up, if you will. Then, my friend (who I hadn't come with but was there) walks up to him and goes, "Do you really hate Williamstown? I was really offendid by some of the stuff you said in your routine!" See, Mr. Black had made fun of Williamstown a lot in his act - but it was all in good fun. I was so embarassed, I walked away.

I'm as jumpy as a virgin at a prison rodeo!

Videos