News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

"Wicked" Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)- Page 2

"Wicked" Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)

notsovirginmary Profile Photo
notsovirginmary
#25re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 3:08pm

Well, gee, if I ever go to the Stage Door after Wicked again- I'll be sure to let Idina know how much she hurt that ten year old girl.

"A wonky eye, you've got my friend."

Princeton78 Profile Photo
Princeton78
#26re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 3:09pm

Wooooah...Fair 2 Middlin, don't you think saying "Don't you have anything better to do?" is a little harsh? Obviously some people are very excited about Broadway shows and it can be a real bummer to be treated like dirt by an idol of yours. I have been able to get Idina's autograph after "Wicked," but I must jump on the bandwagon and say that while she wasn't rude, she was far from pleasant. I understand that her job is grueling and the makeup and belty vocals add to the stress, but the woman is starring in the hottest show on Broadway right now, she won the Tony award and her fans have a lot to do with the popularity of the show. Taking them for granted might not help her in the future. It takes little or no effort to say, "Im sorry guys, I have a lot to do, but thanks for coming." Would you be dissapointed, yes, but would you have thought less of her, likely not. I'm sure she gets paid a heck of a lot more than I do, and yet when I'm swamped, I always have the time to say "Sorry, I'm really busy right now...catch me later?" And there's no Tony on my mantle. All I'm saying is that signing autographs is not in her contract, but its part of showbiz and i'd think she'd be grateful rather than seemingly resentful.

"Y'all have a GRAND day now"

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#27re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 3:12pm

I'm so tired of posts saying the actors aren't "obligated" or it "isn't their job" to sign autographs. I'm sorry, they get paid ridiculous money. They are doing what thousands of people would consider a dream job, but will never get to do. And every performer knows what an impact a performance has on people, and that it might mean a lot to some to have a word or an autograph at the stage door. Choosing a career like this means dealing with that. Believe me, they all knew what they were getting into.

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

GretchaSketh
#28re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)

Just curious, did you meet a guy named Zach Hensler??

What is your dream role?
My dream role would be to be myself. To be performing at the Hollywood Bowl and to have an audience there just to see me, as Stephanie. They are there because they like what I do as a singer, an artist and a person (the last being the most important). I enjoy escaping and portraying other characters, but to be accepted and wanted as yourself... that's amazing! --Stephanie J. Block Just one of the many reasons I admire and respect Stephanie!!

Phantom487
#29re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)

I know she doesn't usually even talk after a show (who would after belting like that)... but she had enough vocal strength to tell thge doorman all about her "extremely intense yoga class" that she just came from. She could have taken the milisecond to say Hi

No Zach... sorry Updated On: 8/26/04 at 03:12 PM

BroadwayDreams2 Profile Photo
BroadwayDreams2
#30re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 3:14pm

I agree with most of the other replys to this post. There's no reason that Idina has to sign an autograph for every person who stops her. She went to the yoga class for relaxation. Autograph signing can be very tiring. Why ruin her relaxed mood by signing more autographs?

lildogs Profile Photo
lildogs
#31re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)

notsovirginmary, THE SHOW ends when she steps off the stage, but every performer knows that if he or she is VERY LUCKY, then people will come to see them in a show, pay (in most cases) hundreds of dollars for tickets for them and their guests, and want some small souvenir of the experience. An autograph takes about 10 seconds--if Ms. Idina's off-stage behavior causes even one child to turn off off theatre, she ought to be ashamed. She should appreciate when people want to support her, because someday, nobody will even know who she is--if you've seen the documentary "The Golden Age of Broadway", you know exactly what i mean....the least she could've done is acknowledge the girl and apologize

LittleFish8386 Profile Photo
LittleFish8386
#32re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)

Well I'm glad my Jen was nice!

TheGirlinTheFrock Profile Photo
TheGirlinTheFrock
#33re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 3:16pm

A 10 yr old girl was waiting there for 2 and 1/2 hours by herself?

Though scattered and divided we are still its heart...AIDA SEPTEMBER 5th, 2004...one more longing backward glance... I AM NOW "TGIF!"

FindingNamo
#34re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 3:21pm

"if Ms. Idina's off-stage behavior causes even one child to turn off off theatre, she ought to be ashamed."

That's right. If Broadway dies, Edna Mendel has only herself to blame.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#35re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 3:22pm

Fighting...urge...to tie Namo's post into a post about Idina's singing...

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

lildogs Profile Photo
lildogs
#36re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 3:23pm

well, Namo--Theatre needs every friend it can get--no need to make enemies

notsovirginmary Profile Photo
notsovirginmary
#37re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 3:23pm

"That's right. If Broadway dies, Edna Mendel has only herself to blame."

*snort*

I have the urge to make that my signature.

"A wonky eye, you've got my friend."

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#38re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 3:25pm

Notsovirgin, you just made me choke on my snack. Hilarious!

lildogs Profile Photo
lildogs
#39re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 3:27pm

Edna Mendel...maybe if Mendel from Falsettos married Edna Turnblad? What would those kids look like?

Yankeefan007
#40re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 3:31pm

i've waited for idina 2 times at the stage door and both times she was more than courteous. the first time, i caught her right after her yoga class. not only did she stop to sign playbills, she signed people's shirts as well. i asked for a picture and she sid she'd rather not because she wa "really gross". The second time I caught her after the show and she was very friendly. signed everyone in a crowd of hundreds and took pictures as well. I've never met anyone as sweet as idina menzel

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#41re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 3:32pm

Then let's chalk yesterday's rudeness up to PMS and leave it at that.

shesings
#42re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 3:35pm

While I'm very sorry you didn't get your autograph I think we should all keep in mind that people have bad days. You really have no clue what is going on in anyones personal lives, and I think its always best to try and be understanding of others. I know sometimes if I'm having a problem at home, or feeling sick or something, I act b**chy to other people when I don't really mean it at all, and feel bad afterwards. Who knows, maybe she was running late or something. Maybe she is just a b**ch. I'm not pretending to know. I just think we could all afford to be a little more understanding of each other.

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#43re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 3:50pm

Who doesn't have a bad day? Yes, I am a bit shocked at Idina's behavior, but then again, there's always that off day...you're tired, you're PMSing (if your a woman...thanks Rath), you're overworked, you're stressed. I've been in that situation numerous times at work. I have to deal with a lot of people. What happens is I end up sitting around doing for awhile...no one comes to the desk or anything. So, I decide to pull out a book or do some homework (when I have school). When I finally make that decision, that's the time when someone comes up to the desk. It's never when I am doing nothing, it's always when I am doing something. I just don't want to be bothered at times, I get angry inside, but I just deal with it.

Give the girl a break. She is just a normal person like everyone else on this Earth. She doesn't want to be bothered 24/7...she wants to relax, for crying out loud! "Defying Gravity," "No Good Deed," "Wizard and I" plus more 8 times a week!

Didn't Idina or someone associated with the Gershwin mention to fans NOT to stand at the stage door expecting autographs/pictures before performances? You know how much you could have done in those 2 and 1/2 hours?

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611
Updated On: 8/26/04 at 03:50 PM

LadyGuenevere
#44re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 3:51pm

"You know how much you could have done in those 2 and 1/2 hours? "

Watched another show. Wow.

Al Dente Profile Photo
Al Dente
#45re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 3:52pm

You're all so gullable.

ChiChi Profile Photo
ChiChi
#46re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 3:52pm

One bad day is one thing, but apparently she is rude A LOT!

Gypsy - Betty Buckley http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUN5XoB5vFs&feature=youtu.be

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#47re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 3:53pm

Oh, when has she been rude to you?

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

shlamdiddly Profile Photo
shlamdiddly
#48re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 3:54pm

I went past there yesterday. We were there for about 5 minutes...but I didn't see the show...I saw Dracula. We asked some lady who was standing at the Wicked stage door to take our picture though...

You aren't feeling overwhelmed are you?
Updated On: 8/26/04 at 03:54 PM

shesings
#49re: 'Wicked' Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)
Posted: 8/26/04 at 3:54pm

It probably is a bit overwhelming that people are waiting 2 1/2 hours just for you ... not to mention 8x a week. I think I'd get a little sick of it myself. And really, apparently shes rude a lot? What happened to all the postings about Idina being the nicest girl ever and always coming outside no matter how cold it was? She just can't do anything right can she?!?

Videos