New Wicked Tour Stops

bially082 Profile Photo
bially082
#25re: New Wicked Tour Stops
Posted: 2/25/05 at 1:23am

At least they say it is. I'm sure people will still be able to get house seats and such and singles here and there for quite a while. The Lion King did the same in Chicago. They extended twice I think.

You are young, life has been kind to you. You will learn.

bially082 Profile Photo
bially082
#26re: New Wicked Tour Stops
Posted: 2/25/05 at 1:24am

At least they say it is. I'm sure people will still be able to get house seats and such and singles here and there for quite a while. The Lion King did the same in Chicago. They extended twice I think.

bially082 Profile Photo
bially082
#27re: New Wicked Tour Stops
Posted: 2/25/05 at 1:24am

commasplice
#28re: New Wicked Tour Stops
Posted: 2/25/05 at 1:32am

Ooh, interesting (I got tickets in Chicago the morning they went on sale, and even then I couldn't get closer than mid-balcony. Insane.). This must be very recent; it's not up anywhere yet...great, now I have to figure out if I can afford to see Ms. Block again.

Princeton78 Profile Photo
Princeton78
#29re: New Wicked Tour Stops
Posted: 2/25/05 at 1:44am

If it comes to Boston for Christmas and New Year, it won't be playing at the Opera House. Boston Ballet's Nutcracker will be there next Christmas. Lordy, I hope not the Wang Theatre....PLEASE not the Wang Theatre.

"Y'all have a GRAND day now"

ElTico68 Profile Photo
ElTico68
#30re: New Wicked Tour Stops
Posted: 2/25/05 at 1:49am

"Generally, we get the big shows pretty soon."

Really? I haven't felt that way since I've lived here (Seattle)... it always seems like it takes at least a couple of years. Then again, I was REALLY spoiled when I lived in DC, where it seemed the tours came earlier, more often, and stayed longer.

And I do agree with you re: the Paramount. I wound up seeing Urinetown from the balcony (and The Producers) and it was aweful (the seating, not the show).

Happy, smile! Sad, frown! Use the corresponding face with the corresponding emotion! - Kate (Meg Ryan), French Kiss

Type_A_Tiff Profile Photo
Type_A_Tiff
#31re: New Wicked Tour Stops
Posted: 2/25/05 at 1:59am

I saw Phantom from orchestra, row...R?...and it wasn't very good either. The dress circle hangs far too forward so you can't see high above. I had friends who sat balcony and I took the hike upthere and was pretty horrified.

"It's not always about you!!!" (But if you think I'm referring to you anyway, then I probably am.)

"Good luck returning my ass!" - Wilhemina Slater

"This is my breakfast, lunch and f***ing dinner right here. I'm not even f***in' joking." - Colin Farrell

apdarcey
#32re: New Wicked Tour Stops
Posted: 2/25/05 at 4:04am

never dc or boston? i mean i've already seen it, but it surprises me that neither of these cities have been anounced for it yet.

actorgaedu Profile Photo
actorgaedu
#33re: New Wicked Tour Stops
Posted: 2/25/05 at 8:49am

Coming to Atlanta May 17-28, 2006. I am sure Stephanie will be gone, but I am excited. I saw the show right before opening in NY. I can't wait for my family to see it. They will love it!

Theater anywhere, anytime and with anyone. It's my passion.

Barihunk Profile Photo
Barihunk
#34re: New Wicked Tour Stops
Posted: 2/25/05 at 9:36am

For the record, there is no possible way Wicked can play the Kimmel Center in Philadelphia. The Kimmel Center houses two theaters - Verizon Hall and Perelman Theatre. Verizon Hall is a concert hall with no proscenium and no real stage. The Perelman seats only 300 people. My guess is the show will play the Academy of Music, but no possible way is it the Kimmel Center.

"When you're a gay man, you have to feel good about yourself when a urologist says, "Yeah. I pick you". - Happy Endings

bostonbroadwayfan
#35re: New Wicked Tour Stops
Posted: 2/25/05 at 9:40am

If it's Christmas I don't think it would be the Wang either because they have the Radio City Christmas Show.

I wouldn't mind the Colonial, I saw Movin Out there and it's a great place.

Kelliexo90 Profile Photo
Kelliexo90
#36re: New Wicked Tour Stops
Posted: 2/25/05 at 9:50am

When do you think the tickets for Wicked at the Bushnell will go on sale?

What is Broadway? A street? Some say it's a street. Some say it is the best street in the world. Others think its terrible. That's the beauty of it, it's terribly beautiful. Some hate it and don't know why. Others love it and don't know why. That's what makes it so wonderful, it's a mystery.

ashley0139
#37re: New Wicked Tour Stops
Posted: 2/25/05 at 11:20am

Yay for Wicked coming to Atlanta... next May. Lol it is so far away.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

WickedRose Profile Photo
WickedRose
#38re: New Wicked Tour Stops
Posted: 2/27/05 at 1:05am

I guess it would come to the Hippodrome when it first announced it was touring. I saw RENT there and it was great, i think they'd be able to pull WICKED off. But if not, i'll still travel to Philly. It's there for a limited engagment thou re: New Wicked Tour Stops and in 2006 re: New Wicked Tour Stops Anyone know where the best place is to sit in that theatre and how expensive the tickets are? Right now they're only selling them through the subscriber package deal which costs an arm and a leg :|

"Why can't you just teach us history, instead of always harping on the past"~ Galinda "Who takes shoes from a dead person?!" ~ Elphaba "And what have you been doing-other than riding around on that filthy old thing?"~Glinda "Well, we can't all come and go by bubble."~Elphaba

whatyouown223 Profile Photo
whatyouown223
#39re: New Wicked Tour Stops
Posted: 2/27/05 at 1:09am

They're already selling Philly tickets!!???

Chip1012 Profile Photo
Chip1012
#40re: New Wicked Tour Stops
Posted: 2/27/05 at 2:47am

recently announced-Wicked will play the Boston Opera House Feb-March 2006.

musicalmjk Profile Photo
musicalmjk
#41re: New Wicked Tour Stops
Posted: 3/1/05 at 11:36am

Announced today, Kennedy Center will have Wicked at Christmas time

need to defrag my brain.

Swiftynifty15
#42re: New Wicked Tour Stops
Posted: 3/1/05 at 12:04pm

Question- Will Wicked have to modify sets/props/everything for the tour? Or will it be like the same aas Broadway.Because how does a touring theatre have the same capacity qs a Broadway theatre. However I did see Lion King both on Broadway and tour and they were pretty muchalike but Wicked is such a hi-tech show.

SallyBrown Profile Photo
SallyBrown
#43re: New Wicked Tour Stops
Posted: 3/1/05 at 12:08pm

YES! THANK YOU JOSHUA CONNECTICUT!!!!!!!!!!

"It's a great feeling of power to be naked in front of people. We're happy to watch actual incredible graphic violence and gore, but as soon as somebody's naked it seems like the public goes a bit bananas about the whole thing."

Videos