pixeltracker

Least favorite Broadway show?- Page 2

Least favorite Broadway show?

SuddenlyTrey Profile Photo
SuddenlyTrey
#25re: Least favorite Broadway show?
Posted: 2/25/05 at 4:33pm

Oh, Saturday Night Fever was dreadful, you're right.
Footloose is also just as dreadful....funny so was Urban Cowboy...and Good Vibrations.....pattern?

"Jaime's convienced that the problems are mine. Jaime is probably doing just fine. And I'm still hurting."

BroadwayDiva Profile Photo
BroadwayDiva
#26re: Least favorite Broadway show?
Posted: 2/25/05 at 4:37pm

42nd Street
Flower Drum Song
Thoroughly Modern Millie (though I like the recording... years after I saw the show)

I have my books and my poetry to protect me...

InfiniteTheaterFrenzy Profile Photo
InfiniteTheaterFrenzy
#27re: Least favorite Broadway show?
Posted: 2/25/05 at 4:43pm

There's a few Jason Robert Brown songs (some which i think were lost before the Bway opening) from Urban Cowboy that I think are AMAZING.

[title of show] on Broadway. it's time. believe.

LittleRed00
#28re: Least favorite Broadway show?
Posted: 2/25/05 at 4:50pm

Hello Dolly, The Music Man, Mamma Mia

...I just HATE the music.

"Isn't it nice to know a lot...and a little bit...not."

chasgoose
#29re: Least favorite Broadway show?
Posted: 2/25/05 at 5:19pm

Rent has overstayed its welcome. The more I hear that music, the more grating it becomes. Also, whatever artistic cred it has has been lost by its transformation into a showcase for the latest late '90s pop star trying to stage a comeback and American Idol rejects. Time to move on.

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#30re: Least favorite Broadway show?
Posted: 2/25/05 at 5:22pm

I STRONGLY disagree with you, goose. Wow.

Little REd: HELLO DOLLY and THE MUSIC MAN? Seriously?

SuddenlyTrey: I actually really enjoyed URBAN COWBOY - some of the music was wonderful, and the entire cast was great. It was a brilliant flop compared to today's flops (BKLYN, GV)

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

stylinbohemian
#31re: Least favorite Broadway show?
Posted: 2/25/05 at 5:28pm

South Paciffic...it bored me to death

okay i just gotta defend brooklyn and rent they're amazing musicals okay im good

"If There's One Thing to Learn it's You Just Can't Go Wrong If You Follow Your Heart, and End With A Song"

InfiniteTheaterFrenzy Profile Photo
InfiniteTheaterFrenzy
#32re: Least favorite Broadway show?
Posted: 2/25/05 at 5:33pm

While I agree that Rent isn't exactly the same animal it was in '95, it's certainly still brilliant and wonderful and more deserving of being on Broadway than a lot of currently running shows, in my opinion.
Awww I <3 The Music Man!
And I have a special place in my heart for Urban Cowboy. Those JRB songs... damn. And all of the leads ROCKED! Matt Cavenaugh, Jenn Collela, Sally Mayes (!), and Leo Burmester are all amazing...
stylinbohemian- did you maybe see a bad regional production of South Pacific? Because I'm sure it can be pretty boring when not done well (I have experienced this myself with most Rodgers and Hammerstein musicals). Where did you see it?

[title of show] on Broadway. it's time. believe.

TonyaFanatic Profile Photo
TonyaFanatic
#33re: Least favorite Broadway show?
Posted: 2/25/05 at 5:40pm

I totally agree with goose. I used to LIVE rent. now its integrity, production-wise, is really bad. the music is still to die for though.

"Girl, this cupcake is the jumpoff"- Adriane Lenox

zippyjen Profile Photo
zippyjen
#34re: Least favorite Broadway show?
Posted: 2/25/05 at 6:23pm

cats.

"At the opening night party, they had clowns on stilts, jugglers, a chocolate fountain, popcorn, hot dogs. [My son] looked at me like I had been holding back. Like, 'This is what you do?' I had to tell him, 'No, no, darling. Opening nights don't usually look like this.' It's usually a dark bar with a bottle of vodka." ?Chitty Chitty Bang Bang's Jan Maxwell plus i proudly share the title of the shortest member over the age of 10 with wickedrentq!

TGIF Profile Photo
TGIF
#35re: Least favorite Broadway show?
Posted: 2/25/05 at 6:33pm

"Good Vibrations and Brooklyn, I hate you."

Ditto.

I want to write music. I want to sit down right now at my piano and write a song that people will listen to and remember and do the same thing every morning...for the rest of my life. - Jonathan Larson. Tick, Tick...BOOM!

filmgirl325 Profile Photo
filmgirl325
#36re: Least favorite Broadway show?
Posted: 2/25/05 at 6:50pm

I would have to say 42nd street...it was the only musical I've seen so far that just didn't do anything for me. The costumes and the dancing were great...but most of the songs are forgettable and the plot is paper thin.

"It's the smile you smile that counts, happy thoughts in large amounts, any problem you can trounce, you can bounce right back."--Donald O'Connor

playbill_signer_05 Profile Photo
playbill_signer_05
#37re: Least favorite Broadway show?
Posted: 2/25/05 at 6:59pm

I think RENT is awesome and will always be awesome. I haven't seen a show yet that I haven't liked, but I'm almost certain that GOOD VIBRATIONS would be one. And just out of curiosity, why don't you like THE PRODUCERS? Updated On: 2/25/05 at 06:59 PM

theladyofshalott Profile Photo
theladyofshalott
#38re: Least favorite Broadway show?
Posted: 2/25/05 at 7:05pm

1776 and Hello Dolly. Carol Channing scares the hell out of me.

"Theatre is life, cinema is art, television is furniture."

bjivie2 Profile Photo
bjivie2
#39re: Least favorite Broadway show?
Posted: 2/25/05 at 10:35pm

It was never on Broadway, but I hate Godspell. And Saturday Night Fever. Talk about vomit-inducing.

Eeeeeeyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaannnnnddddd aaaaaaaiiiiiiiiyyyyyyaaaaaammmmmmmm teeeeeeeelllllliiiiiinnngg yyyyooooooouuuuuuuwwwaaaahh...

brdlwyr
#40re: Least favorite Broadway show?
Posted: 2/25/05 at 10:38pm

Someone hates Hello Dolly and The Music Man???

jarred03
#41re: Least favorite Broadway show?
Posted: 2/26/05 at 3:26am

Fame, need I say more?

bjivie2 Profile Photo
bjivie2
#42re: Least favorite Broadway show?
Posted: 2/26/05 at 4:52am

Ooh, Fame. Good one.

Eeeeeeyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaannnnnddddd aaaaaaaiiiiiiiiyyyyyyaaaaaammmmmmmm teeeeeeeelllllliiiiiinnngg yyyyooooooouuuuuuuwwwaaaahh...

BreakingTheCircle07 Profile Photo
BreakingTheCircle07
#43re: Least favorite Broadway show?
Posted: 2/26/05 at 5:20am

I wouldn't see Brooklyn again even if Matt Cavenaugh played all the characters....shirtless.

Variations on a Theme blog: http://panekattack.blogspot.com/

trpguyy
#44re: Least favorite Broadway show?
Posted: 2/26/05 at 8:21am

Lil' Abner, Cats, Phantom, and Miz (what a piece of garbage!) hahaha, just kidding about Miz.

melissa errico fan Profile Photo
melissa errico fan
#45re: Least favorite Broadway show?
Posted: 2/26/05 at 8:27am

I do agree with the "Cats" and "Phantom" comments! :)

TimesSquareRegular Profile Photo
TimesSquareRegular
#46re: Least favorite Broadway show?
Posted: 2/26/05 at 9:05am

Obviously there are lots of shows over the years that I didn't particularly like .... but as for total discomfort and that get-me-outta-here feeling, two that come to mind are CIVIL WAR and more recently BROOKLYN.

2016 These Paper Bullets (1/02) Our Mother's Brief Affair (1/06), Dragon Boat Racing (1/08), Howard - reading (1/28), Shear Madness (2/10), Fun Home (2/17), Women Without Men (2/18), Trip Of Love (2/21), The First Gentleman -reading (2/22), Southern Comfort (2/23), The Robber Bridegroom (2/24), She Loves Me (3/11), Shuffle Along (4/12), Shear Madness (4/14), Dear Evan Hansen (4/16), American Psycho (4/23), Tuck Everlasting (5/10), Indian Summer (5/15), Peer Gynt (5/18), Broadway's Rising Stars (7/11), Trip of Love (7/27), CATS (7/31), The Layover (8/17), An Act Of God (8/31), The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time (8/24), Heisenberg (10/12), Fiddler On The Roof (11/02), Othello (11/23), Dear Evan Hansen (11/26), Les Liaisons Dangereuses (12/21) 2017 In Transit (2/01), Groundhog Day (4/04), Ring Twice For Miranda (4/07), Church And State (4/10), The Lucky One (4/19), Ernest Shackleton Loves Me (5/16), Building The Wall (5/19), Indecent (6/01), Six Degrees of Separation (6/09), Marvin's Room (6/28), A Doll's House Pt 2 (7/25) Curvy Widow (8/01)

CastAlbumFan Profile Photo
CastAlbumFan
#47re: Least favorite Broadway show?
Posted: 2/26/05 at 10:48am

bjivie2, Godspell transfered to Broadway in 1976, and ran for over 500 performances.

Praying Decca Broadway will put "Don't Bother Me, I Can't Cope" on CD!
Updated On: 2/26/05 at 10:48 AM

Feodor Sverdlov
#48re: Least favorite Broadway show?
Posted: 2/26/05 at 10:54am

Thinking about his, I've suddenly come to the realization that that I really don't like many musicals. It comes as sort of a shock, having been in so many and having seen so many. I have seen almost every musical since the late 50's, and the ones I don't like would be too numerous to list. However, the one that I hated the most (I walked-out) was SUNSET BLVD. w/Glenn Close. Horrific!

scooter3843

RumTumTugger22 Profile Photo
RumTumTugger22
#49re: Least favorite Broadway show?
Posted: 2/26/05 at 1:51pm

South Pacific, Good Vibrations, Anything Goes.

trpguyy by "Miz" do you mean Les Mis? The only garbage in that show was the baracade.

CAGES OR WINGS? WHICH DO YOU PREFER? ASK THE BIRDS. FEAR OR LOVE, BABY? DON'T SAY THE ANSWER, ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS.

Videos