pixeltracker

broadway betty has fallen in love with Piazza!- Page 2

broadway betty has fallen in love with Piazza!

ken8631 Profile Photo
ken8631
#25re: broadway betty has fallen in love with Piazza!
Posted: 5/31/05 at 9:50am

Agreed. Even though there are no "hummable" tunes, the music is beautiful and well-sung.

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#26re: broadway betty has fallen in love with Piazza!
Posted: 5/31/05 at 11:01am

I picked up the CD for this show last week and really like it a lot. I'm sorry I didn't see it when I was in NYC last week. I was pleasantly surprised by Sarah Uriarte Berry's voice. The entire recording is beautiful and I knew from the first notes of the overture that I'm going to like seeing this in person.

By the way, I passed Matt Morrison on the street in Greenwich Village last Thursday.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

anybodyelse Profile Photo
anybodyelse
#27re: broadway betty has fallen in love with Piazza!
Posted: 5/31/05 at 7:54pm

I'm in love with it as well! I've listened to the sdtk like 30 times already:) I saw it last month and was amazed and astounded! I can't wait to see it again hopefully in July!

I'm SaraH.

junglered Profile Photo
junglered
#28re: broadway betty has fallen in love with Piazza!
Posted: 5/31/05 at 8:14pm

I just listened to my new "Piazza" CD which came via Amazon today. The music is glorious - rich, textured, and soaring. I loved seeing this show at the Vivian Beaumont. Victoria Clark, Kelli O'Hara, and Matt Morrison turned in fantastic performances.

shira467 Profile Photo
shira467
#29re: broadway betty has fallen in love with Piazza!
Posted: 5/31/05 at 9:07pm

Eveytime I start my car, Piazza begins -- and it makes me so much happier, just by hearing it.

If this pulled in an upset, I would be THRILLED. Ya know, this would have been a good "Vote Your Heart" campaign...because if the voters have hearts, they'd have been moved by this musical and thus vote it!

Deet: Shira, I Love You!

#30re: broadway betty has fallen in love with Piazza!
Posted: 5/31/05 at 10:54pm

i doubt itll win best musical, but i could see it winning many others- maybe the most awards overall- lighting, orchestrations, score, and best actress- are all pretty likely. could win others too. sadly i dont think tony voters are going to vote with their hearts after last year.

bwayballerina
#31re: broadway betty has fallen in love with Piazza!
Posted: 5/31/05 at 11:27pm

I "wasted" a few hours of my precious study time yesterday falling in love with this musical... absolutely amazing. And all I had to go by were the few songs up on the official website, the videos on Broadway.com, and a brief synopsis I found via Google. I am definately cheering for this show on Tony day. I think it'll do fairly well- I had a dream that it won 7 Tonys. (And I had similar dreams that acurately predicted the number of Oscars The Aviator and Million Dollar Baby would win, though I didn't get the exact awards right.)

As soon as I have money, I'm buying this cd.

BluCat500 Profile Photo
BluCat500
#32re: broadway betty has fallen in love with Piazza!
Posted: 5/31/05 at 11:28pm

Is the stage door hard to find?

So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life.~Office Space

Icbanannie Profile Photo
Icbanannie
#33re: broadway betty has fallen in love with Piazza!
Posted: 5/31/05 at 11:37pm

WOW WOW WOW!!!!! I just saw Piazza tonight and it was AMAZING!! i am a fan of the more fun, silly musicals (dirty Rotten, Bee) but this was such a nice return to Musical Theater. i loved every minute and I HOPE AND PRAY that Kelli O'Hara and Matt Morrison win!!!! Victoria Clark was good....but I am a Sherie fan. But she was excellent and she will deserve the Tony.!!

THIS SHOW IS CLOSING???? Thats sad, its so good!

#34re: broadway betty has fallen in love with Piazza!
Posted: 5/31/05 at 11:37pm

yes and no. if you enter the theater via the box office entrance, which is inside of a parking lot type area, then youll see the stage door going in & know where it is. if you enter the theater via the plaza, youll have to go out onto 65th street to find it and wont be able to see it at all from that entrance.

BluCat500 Profile Photo
BluCat500
#35re: broadway betty has fallen in love with Piazza!
Posted: 5/31/05 at 11:43pm

Pray for me my navigational skills are horrible and I've never been to the Vivian Beaumont, I do belive I'm just going to walk up tenth and turn onto 65th(will that get me in the right place?)...and I have to go to the box office because my tickets are held there (student tix)

So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life.~Office Space

#36re: broadway betty has fallen in love with Piazza!
Posted: 5/31/05 at 11:51pm

Lincoln Center shows close cuz theyre a non-profit with a scheduled amount of shows to do in a given time so good or bad doesnt matter so much, unless they can hold off their next production or do a commercial transfer, all of their shows are limited engagements...

And entering through the parking garage thats ON 65th is the right way to go to find out where the stage door is. You will see lots of posters down there too.

BwayFan4
#37re: broadway betty has fallen in love with Piazza!
Posted: 6/1/05 at 12:34am

This is my first posting...hope i'm doing it correct....fell in love with this cast recording.On first listen wasn't sure but definitely grows on you.

broadway betty Profile Photo
broadway betty
#38re: broadway betty has fallen in love with Piazza!
Posted: 6/1/05 at 9:21pm

Welcome to the boards, bwayfan4! Glad you like the music!

Just got home from the Piazza matinee and SitA w/Kelli singing the title song. Such a beautiful day for a concert and a beautiful show. Since seeing it for the first time, I must've listened to the cd a couple dozen times and it still moves me. Everyone was perfect and Victoria's "Fable" had so much more oomph today. I didn't think that song could get any more emotional but the tears streaming down my face proved that it could. And then for the curtain calls, Matt, Kelli, and Vicki saw me crying and they gave me these looks like they knew that they'd done their job. And I don't know if I'm imagining things but I thought Matt was getting a bit teary.

"I'm the STAR!"--Daniel Reichard during Glory Daze sound check

Chrysanthemum62001
#39re: broadway betty has fallen in love with Piazza!
Posted: 6/1/05 at 10:40pm

I ADORE this show. It's just so...beautiful and unique. I've seen it twice, and would love to see it again before it closes.

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

bwaysinger Profile Photo
bwaysinger
#40re: broadway betty has fallen in love with Piazza!
Posted: 6/1/05 at 10:48pm

I cannot say how happy it makes me to see people posting on here about their love for this show.
I wish, wish, wish it would rack up a slew of Tonys. I think it will win some really great ones (specifically Actress and Score) but will not win the big one...but I adore this show, and the three leads are phenomenal.

BluCat500 Profile Photo
BluCat500
#41re: broadway betty has fallen in love with Piazza!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 12:44am

Matt morrison came out to the stagedoor unbelievably fast after the matinee...by the time I had walked from my seat to the door he was there...although I was stuck in my row for a bit behind someone who had lost something...but still, impressive speed dressing matt morrison...is there a tony for that? I need to wean myself off the ... phase

shira467 Profile Photo
shira467
#42re: broadway betty has fallen in love with Piazza!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 1:28am

Honey, don't bother trying to wean yourself off this amazing musical. God knows its not worth it

Deet: Shira, I Love You!

Videos