pixeltracker

What is your favorite cast recording?- Page 2

What is your favorite cast recording?

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#25re: What is your favorite cast recording?
Posted: 7/6/05 at 1:01pm

bump

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#26re: What is your favorite cast recording?
Posted: 7/6/05 at 1:36pm

It is a three way tie:
1. Forbidden Broadway SVU
2. Avenue Q
3. Hairspray

All three are usually played at least once a day.
re: What is your favorite cast recording?
I think it is in order of favorites but I love all three! Updated On: 7/6/05 at 01:36 PM

MissMonika Profile Photo
MissMonika
#27re: What is your favorite cast recording?
Posted: 7/6/05 at 2:22pm

Hmmm...my top three are Rent, Phantom of the Opera, and Aida.

Yes, I'm pinay. And I'm proud of it!

Broadway_Bound_Star Profile Photo
Broadway_Bound_Star
#28re: What is your favorite cast recording?
Posted: 7/6/05 at 2:29pm

I have listined to my SFANW sooo many times that It dosn't play 1/2 the songs, LOL

Magdalene Profile Photo
Magdalene
#29re: What is your favorite cast recording?
Posted: 7/6/05 at 2:37pm

Between "Rent" and "Cats"...though Spamalot hasn't left the car stereo in 2 months...
Piazza is on right now (work cd player), and some collections of songs that UMVD put out earlier this year that are fun!

"NOT MY DAUGHTER, YOU BITCH!"

Sant
#30re: What is your favorite cast recording?
Posted: 7/6/05 at 3:31pm

1) CHICAGO - The 1996 Broadway Cast Recording.
2) WICKED
3) SUNSET BOULEVARD - with Glenn Close
4) CATS - the first musical I ever saw so for sentimental reasons...

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#31re: What is your favorite cast recording?
Posted: 7/6/05 at 3:32pm

It's a tie between "Dreamgirls" and "Rent".

ChiChi Profile Photo
ChiChi
#32re: What is your favorite cast recording?
Posted: 7/6/05 at 3:41pm

Aspects of Love
Caroline or Change
Evita
NINE

Gypsy - Betty Buckley http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUN5XoB5vFs&feature=youtu.be

WickedGeek28
#33re: What is your favorite cast recording?
Posted: 7/6/05 at 10:20pm

bump

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

Pinguin Profile Photo
Pinguin
#34re: What is your favorite cast recording?
Posted: 7/6/05 at 10:24pm

I debated this in my head for a while, but I settled on: PARADE. What a great score.

-Anyone want to turn anarchist with me?

"Bless you and all who know you, oh wise and penguined one." ~YouWantItWhen????

Greekmusicalfan Profile Photo
Greekmusicalfan
#35re: What is your favorite cast recording?
Posted: 7/6/05 at 11:08pm

RENT !

Joe The Techie Profile Photo
Joe The Techie
#36re: What is your favorite cast recording?
Posted: 7/6/05 at 11:20pm

The Phantom of the opera
Les Miserables
Once On This Island
Avenue Q

All OBC recordings ^.^

WickedGeek28
#37re: What is your favorite cast recording?
Posted: 7/11/05 at 10:16pm

bump

To Kill A Mockingbird

cindy013 Profile Photo
cindy013
#38re: What is your favorite cast recording?
Posted: 7/11/05 at 10:20pm

Les Miserables and Wicked. You know you love Les Mis when you can go through the whole thirty-something tracks and only skip 2 which are 'battle scenes' and not even songsre: What is your favorite cast recording?

"It breaks my heart to see a grown man dressed as a Taco." -David Sedaris
I love Les Miserables.
My new pic is me(on the left)at my last dance recital:(

angelrock25222
#39re: What is your favorite cast recording?
Posted: 7/12/05 at 12:20am

the ones i constantly listen too are rent, aida, wild party (lippa), urinetown, hairspray and last five years

i break out the wicked if im in a nostalgic kind of mood

Nath
#40re: What is your favorite cast recording?
Posted: 7/12/05 at 12:33am

Ragtime for being so complete!

VonTussleGirl Profile Photo
VonTussleGirl
#41re: What is your favorite cast recording?
Posted: 7/12/05 at 12:40am

Chicago, Hairspray, Avenue Q, and Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, currently.

shines
#42re: What is your favorite cast recording?
Posted: 7/12/05 at 1:03am

I really love Caroline or Change even though I never had the chance to see it. Some of the singers are very good, but what draws me the most is the passion. Although there are some pitchy parts, it is without a doubt the most passionate recording I have ever heard.

frontrowcentre2 Profile Photo
frontrowcentre2
#43re: What is your favorite cast recording?
Posted: 7/12/05 at 4:20am

Hey WickedGeek28….

I think enough is enough: You seem to delight in thinking up questions and polls to mention your favourite show. We get it. You like WICKED. Some excerpts from your most recent posts…

-This is a place where you could post your faovrite cast recordings and why. My favorite is WICKED because it comes across very well to disc, it's very clear, it is pleasing, and I can lsiten to it over and over and it doesn't grow old....

-What are your favorite designs and why? My favorite is the WICKED design because it perfectly describes the show that you are about to see and the witch's relationship and secrets.... !

-What is your favorite replacement in a broadway show, it can be past or present. Mine is Megan Hilty as G(A)LINDA in WICKED....

-omg i just realized that rejoicify wasnt a real world... wow wicked has got to my head after almost two years of listening and seeing it....

-LONG LIVE WICKED....

-This is a bit off topic, but ti bothers me that the orginal wicked billing was krisitn and then idina. then when krisitn left it was idina and then jen. then when jen left it was jen and then shoshana. now its shoshana and then megan! It drives me crazy, stick to one format. i mean it seems whoever is there longer gets first billed....

-WICKED won three awards, Best Actress - Idina Menzel , Best Scenic Design - Eugene Lee , and Best Costumes - Susan Hilferty

etc etc etc

Hate to break it to you but there are 30 other shows running on Broadway, and there are many musicals far better written than WICKED. It's a fun show but it's not any kind of theatrical milestone.

Cast albums are NOT "soundtracks."
Live theatre does not use a "soundtrack." If it did, it wouldn't be live theatre!

I host a weekly one-hour radio program featuring cast album selections as well as songs by cabaret, jazz and theatre artists. The program, FRONT ROW CENTRE is heard Sundays 9 to 10 am and also Saturdays from 8 to 9 am (eastern times) on www.proudfm.com

Updated On: 6/20/06 at 04:20 AM

Dirty Rotten Scoundrel
#44re: What is your favorite cast recording?
Posted: 7/12/05 at 4:27am

I'm going to say Last 5 Years, just because, whenever I listen to it, there's something new that I learn, and a new side to the story. It's my air and my drug, just can't get enough of it! lol.

Urban
#45re: What is your favorite cast recording?
Posted: 7/12/05 at 4:34am

"Ragtime"

MyNameInLights Profile Photo
MyNameInLights
#46re: What is your favorite cast recording?
Posted: 7/12/05 at 4:41am

frontrowcentre2, that was disgusting. Grow up. Let people like what they want to like. So they like Wicked, sorry you can't deal with that.

"The stage is where I live and come alive and act out all the things that go on in my life. It's not just what I do for a living, it's my shrink and my love affair. No one in my life has ever or ever will kiss me on the mouth like this lover called my relationship with my performance."

WickedGeek28
#47re: What is your favorite cast recording?
Posted: 7/12/05 at 1:32pm

Listen, I love wicked. that's okay wicked happens to have many of my favorite things in it. I'm glad you're so so f-in crepy enough to remember my posts. wtf?! If you dont like the posts, dont read them and f off. wow thats why i cant stand people on this board. i kno there are other shows on broadway. ive seen mostly all of them except maybe 3.

To Kill A Mockingbird

frontrowcentre2 Profile Photo
frontrowcentre2
#48re: What is your favorite cast recording?
Posted: 7/12/05 at 3:20pm

Hey, I have NO problem with people liking a particular show... but these endless posts are being sent as general questions but designed to "plug" the same show over and over. If the person really has seen all the other shows, why no posts about them?
I would love it if we had seperate forums for each show but we don't. It's not that I hate the show - it's ok, but the zeal of certain fans is baffling to me.

I come here to get involved in discussions of the merits (or lack of) of different shows and cast recordings but the past few months this board has turned into mainly discussions about one show. And I began to wonder why so many seemingly generic questions ("What is your favourite cast recording?" "...favorite replacement?" "...favorite design?" all were posted by the same person and all had the same answer. And look how many times WickedGeek bumps the thread up instead of letting it die down. It's TOO much!

I don't mind the legitimate questions about cast replacements, seat locations, lottery details and those threads are clearly labeled to be about the specific show so I don't feel the need to read them. But the question here is about favorite cast albums. Fine.

I have a LOT of favourites: CAROUSEL, ANNIE GET YOUR GUN, MY FAIR LADY, COMPANY, SWEENEY TODD, SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE, GRAND HOTEL, CITY OF ANGELS, RAGTIME but my "desert island disc" would have to be GYPSY with Ethel Merman. It can cheer me up on even the darkest of days! In fact I think I'll go play it now!

Cast albums are NOT "soundtracks."
Live theatre does not use a "soundtrack." If it did, it wouldn't be live theatre!

I host a weekly one-hour radio program featuring cast album selections as well as songs by cabaret, jazz and theatre artists. The program, FRONT ROW CENTRE is heard Sundays 9 to 10 am and also Saturdays from 8 to 9 am (eastern times) on www.proudfm.com

Updated On: 7/12/05 at 03:20 PM

me3 Profile Photo
me3
#49re: What is your favorite cast recording?
Posted: 7/12/05 at 3:21pm

Mamma Mia
Or Aida

Videos