pixeltracker

New "PRODUCERS" Pic: Broderick, Ferrell, and Lane- Page 2

New "PRODUCERS" Pic: Broderick, Ferrell, and Lane

Aaron27 Profile Photo
Aaron27
#25re: New 'PRODUCERS' Pic: Broderick, Ferrell, and Lane
Posted: 8/17/05 at 9:23am

Is it me or does Matthew Broderick look like he put on a few pounds?

HeartinNYC Profile Photo
HeartinNYC
#26re: New 'PRODUCERS' Pic: Broderick, Ferrell, and Lane
Posted: 8/17/05 at 9:39am

I thought Cady photographed very well during her appearance on "Curb Your Enthusiasm". I do wish she and Brad were reprising their roles, even though I agree with a previous point that Brad is too much like Nathan for enough contrast.

The photos are excellent, and it appears that the photography is exceptional. Really looking forward to it!

Do you guys think the film will "kill" ticket sales to the Broadway show?

Neither a borrower nor a lender be...unless that's mine in the first place.

MasterLcZ Profile Photo
MasterLcZ
#27re: New 'PRODUCERS' Pic: Broderick, Ferrell, and Lane
Posted: 8/17/05 at 9:52am

"Do you guys think the film will "kill" ticket sales to the Broadway show?"

That's an interesting thought, Heart. The CHICAGO film actually boosted ticket sales for the Broadway production. I don't know if PHANTOM got a similar boost.

"Christ, Bette Davis?!?!"

bwaysinger Profile Photo
bwaysinger
#28re: New 'PRODUCERS' Pic: Broderick, Ferrell, and Lane
Posted: 8/17/05 at 11:07am

I think Uma looks fantastic! I have never seen her dance nor heard her sing but I am convinced she's going to be smashing!

BoxFive Profile Photo
BoxFive
#29re: New 'PRODUCERS' Pic: Broderick, Ferrell, and Lane
Posted: 8/17/05 at 11:29am

I agree, she looks swell as Ulla and the "boys" look tippy tappy in the picture.
To answer your question Master, PHANTOM has gotten a HUGE boost from both the movie and now DVD and it's being a mainstay on TKTS (much like it's big sister CATS did in the past), nearly at 99-100% capacity week to week.

Now regarding THE PRODUCERS film, I'm not so sure..I believe it will only highlight the failure for any Max and Leo other than NL and MB to bring that special "love affair" to life. Roger Bart was great as Leo, but no team has impressed and delighted as muc has the originals.

Several of them have been downright awful.

I'm just beyond glad that Lane and Broderick (and all of US) will have record of their brilliant comic lovefest.THAT'S what it was all about during they're first run in the show and THAT is the secret of getting "Leo and Max" and THE PRODUCERS creatively correct, the leads gotta LOVE each other, joyfully.

Unfledge them of their...perriwigs, And they appear like bald-cootes, in the nest. Beaumont, Knt. Malta, (1616).

MasterLcZ Profile Photo
MasterLcZ
#30re: New 'PRODUCERS' Pic: Broderick, Ferrell, and Lane
Posted: 8/17/05 at 11:49am

I am usually a very positive upbeat person. "You Gotta S-M-I-L-E to be H-A-Double P-Y" should be engraved on my tombstone. I want THE PROCUCERS musical film to be a boffo Boxoffice bonanza with lots of Academy Award nominations and wins.

But I gotta admit...in thse two or three stills I've seen, Uma's Ulla looks kinda dead. She's sultry, but from what I can see, she doesn't have Cady's saucy-eyed oomph.

Lordy, I hope I'm mistaken.

"Christ, Bette Davis?!?!"
Updated On: 8/17/05 at 11:49 AM

Jon
#31re: New 'PRODUCERS' Pic: Broderick, Ferrell, and Lane
Posted: 8/17/05 at 12:47pm

I figured out why Matthew Broderick looks so different - he isn't soaked with sweat!

Over_the_Moon
#32re: New 'PRODUCERS' Pic: Broderick, Ferrell, and Lane
Posted: 8/18/05 at 12:34am

Sorry if this has already been said... didn't want to read all the posts. Shoot me.

Is anyone else worried about Ferrell fooking it up? I mean, I know it's supposed to be over the top, but... Ferrell...

"what have we learned? Don't smoke... don't do drugs and don't sing 'Defying Gravity'." -CATSNYRevival

Adam Chris Profile Photo
Adam Chris
#33re: New 'PRODUCERS' Pic: Broderick, Ferrell, and Lane
Posted: 8/18/05 at 1:23am

Aaron27, yes it does appear the MB has put on quit a bit of weight to me as well.

BwayBaby18 Profile Photo
BwayBaby18
#34re: New 'PRODUCERS' Pic: Broderick, Ferrell, and Lane
Posted: 8/18/05 at 4:28am

Okay i think Uma looks like a man in drag!.....

I was thinking the other day i wish Angeline Jolie could sing and dance.....now she has the body for Ulla

franco2
#35re: New 'PRODUCERS' Pic: Broderick, Ferrell, and Lane
Posted: 8/22/05 at 7:46am

I hate to be the one to say it, but lets face it someone has to, Uma is the ugliest woman or man for that matter I have ever seen?

I mean really where in the hell does she look like a sexy "woman"???? what is Nathan supposed to look at when he shoves his nose at her cleavage??? Its a shame Cady wasn't allowed to be in the movie...I'd be a little crankie if I were her!!

MrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
#36re: New 'PRODUCERS' Pic: Broderick, Ferrell, and Lane
Posted: 8/22/05 at 8:55am

re: New 'PRODUCERS' Pic: Broderick, Ferrell, and Lane

I love me some Uma.

"The gods who nurse this universe think little of mortals' cares. They sit in crowds on exclusive clouds and laugh at our love affairs. I might have had a real romance if they'd given me a chance. I loved him, but he didn't love me. I wanted him, but he didn't want me. Then the gods had a spree and indulged in another whim. Now he loves me, but I don't love him." - Cole Porter

paradox_error Profile Photo
paradox_error
#37re: New 'PRODUCERS' Pic: Broderick, Ferrell, and Lane
Posted: 8/22/05 at 9:09am

I just saw the West End production 2 weeks ago, and the pair were fabulous. Fred Applegate as Max absolutely stole the show, and John Gordon Sinclair had great chemistry with him (though his singing was only okay).

Now I never saw Nathan and Matthew, but I was definately impressed at how well those two handled the two roles...

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#38re: New 'PRODUCERS' Pic: Broderick, Ferrell, and Lane
Posted: 8/22/05 at 11:31am

Although I didn't like the stage production (Nathan and Matthew were already gone), I'm looking forward to this movie.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#39re: New 'PRODUCERS' Pic: Broderick, Ferrell, and Lane
Posted: 8/22/05 at 11:45am

looking forward to the movie as well. haven't seen the show since January 2002 (and i won't see it again) but i'm eager to see how the musical translates to the screen. I'm also interested to see how Uma Thurman does as Ulla.

Videos