pixeltracker

Have you ever played the same role twice, or been in a musical or play more than once?- Page 2

Have you ever played the same role twice, or been in a musical or play more than once?

starsinger Profile Photo
starsinger
#25re: Have you ever played the same role twice, or been in a musical or play
Posted: 1/22/06 at 11:19pm

ive been in annie 5 times...i was the title role 4 of the times...oy

harris007 Profile Photo
harris007
#26re: Have you ever played the same role twice, or been in a musical or play
Posted: 1/22/06 at 11:25pm

Once Upon a mattress- chorus 1st time Wizard 2nd

Attend the tale of Bovine Boy His party threads we all enjoy But does he have Mad Cow Disease? He doesn't eat beef - but cows skating? - oh please!!! With cocoa!?! And lemonade!?! The heifer-mad poster of Broadway (World)

colleen_lee
#27re: Have you ever played the same role twice, or been in a musical or play
Posted: 1/22/06 at 11:51pm

I've done the Wizard of Oz four times, but never cast in the same role (3 of the times was with the same theater spread over a 10 year period, so they were conscious not to cast me in a role I had already played).

Alice in Wonderland three times - twice as an actor (once chorus, once as the duchess), once as a director

I am currently rehearsing for my second go-around in Joseph and playing a wife for the second time, but there aren't a lot of other female roles in that show so that was to be expected.

"You just can't win. Ever. Look at the bright side, at least you are not stuck in First Wives Club: The Musical. That would really suck. " --Sueleen Gay
Updated On: 1/22/06 at 11:51 PM

catstagestud Profile Photo
catstagestud
#28re: Have you ever played the same role twice, or been in a musical or play
Posted: 1/23/06 at 12:03am

Been in Josesph twice-once w/ the Papermill tour and Deborah Gibson (Dream Chorus) another as Joseph.

Music Man twice- in the dance ensemble both times.

Cheers,

C.

www.christopherviolett.com

Mahatma Kane Jeeves
#29re: Have you ever played the same role twice, or been in a musical or play
Posted: 1/23/06 at 12:10am

Interestingly enough, I played the role of Uncle Chris in both the standard and the musical version of "I Remember Mama." The musical version has a lovely score, Richard Roger's last, and Uncle Chris actually has a musical death scene!!! :)

Brush up your Shakespeare, and they'll all kow-tow!

Theatreboy49 Profile Photo
Theatreboy49
#30re: Have you ever played the same role twice, or been in a musical or play
Posted: 1/23/06 at 12:29am

South Pacific - Jerome (both times, thank g-d I am too old to sing Dites- Moi ever again)
Wizard of Oz - Wizard, Mayer of the Munchkin City

<------ Me and my friends with patti Lupone at my friends afterparty for her concert with audra mcdonald during the summer of 2007.
"I am sorry but it is an unjust world and virtue is only triumphant in theatricle performances" The Mikado

Sporti2005
#31re: Have you ever played the same role twice, or been in a musical or play
Posted: 1/23/06 at 1:23am

joseph...dreamcoat: children's chorus, potiphar's wife, narrator.

what an AWFUL show to be in three times.

"grace, you're stuffed in a box getting rid of ass plaque. let's face it, this evening is a bust."

Kitzarina Profile Photo
Kitzarina
#32re: Have you ever played the same role twice, or been in a musical or play
Posted: 1/23/06 at 1:31am

Footloose - Bickle, chorus

HATE THAT SHOW! My friend has been in Honk 3 times--once as Queenie and twice as Henrietta.

"You're the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber!" --Family Guy

"Shut up! It's been 29 years!!!" --the incomparable Patti LuPone in her MUCH DESERVED Tony acceptance speech for Gypsy.

Kitzy's Avatar du Jour: Kitzy as Little Red Ridinghood in her college's production of "Into the Woods"

Theatreboy49 Profile Photo
Theatreboy49
#33re: Have you ever played the same role twice, or been in a musical or play
Posted: 1/23/06 at 2:04am

how can you do HONK 4 times? I love theatre as much as anyone and would love to do as many shows as I could but 4 times in HONK would make me question my sanity.

<------ Me and my friends with patti Lupone at my friends afterparty for her concert with audra mcdonald during the summer of 2007.
"I am sorry but it is an unjust world and virtue is only triumphant in theatricle performances" The Mikado

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#34re: Have you ever played the same role twice, or been in a musical or play
Posted: 1/23/06 at 3:06am

There was already a thread on this.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

Buck Profile Photo
Buck
#35re: Have you ever played the same role twice, or been in a musical or play
Posted: 1/23/06 at 6:31am

I played "Huck" in 2 different productions of BIG RIVER back to back. It nearly killed me! The first production was at a dinner theatre down south while the follwing one was in a large regional theatre up north. As "Huck" you never leave the stage, work your butt off, lose lots of weight, and then find "Jim" getting all the accolades! LOL.

Updated On: 1/23/06 at 06:31 AM

kyguy78 Profile Photo
kyguy78
#36re: Have you ever played the same role twice, or been in a musical or play
Posted: 1/23/06 at 8:02am

I was in two high school productions of Bye Bye Birdie. When I was in 7th grade, they needed a younger kid who could play the son/Kim's sister and the year after I graduated high school, they did it again and had four graduates come back as the barbershop quartet.

I was also Victor Valesco in a high school production of Barefoot and then played Paul in a college production.

The only role I've played twice was Scrooge. My college did an annual performance of "A Christmas Carol" and I played Scrooge my junior and senior years.

lildogs Profile Photo
lildogs
#37re: Have you ever played the same role twice, or been in a musical or play
Posted: 1/23/06 at 9:28am

Sonny in GREASE twice and Puck in MIDSUMMER twice...

OtherDaryl Profile Photo
OtherDaryl
#38re: Have you ever played the same role twice, or been in a musical or play
Posted: 1/23/06 at 9:43am

Emery in Boys in the Band twice
I've played both Ed and Donald in You Can't Take It With You
Godspell three times

"Love Life. Live." Michael Bennett

Alex LaVelle
#39re: Have you ever played the same role twice, or been in a musical or play
Posted: 1/23/06 at 9:49am

Into the Woods twice, once as the lighting designer/board op, once as the Narrator and lighting designer/board op...that second time was a pretty busy show.

Nothatsmrt Profile Photo
Nothatsmrt
#40re: Have you ever played the same role twice, or been in a musical or play
Posted: 1/23/06 at 10:33am

Godspell twice, the "Bless the Lord" character.

Guys and Dolls. The first time, I was 15, and I played one of the Salvation Army people (Agatha). It was my first professional show (gotta love dinner theater in NJ), and my first show with my uncle, who's been an actor longer than I've been alive. I was a substitute for one night, I almost fell off of a bench I was standing on while dancing in "Sit Down, you're rocking the Boat", and I got paid $50. I bought a dress with my first professional paycheck. The second time was the next summer, and I was Sarah Brown, my favorite role to date, and I hope to get to play it again someday.

Pippin Profile Photo
Pippin
#41re: Have you ever played the same role twice, or been in a musical or play
Posted: 1/23/06 at 10:44am

I was Harry Witherspoon in "Lucky Stiff" in high school, and played him again this past summer In Missouri.

"I'm an American, Damnit!!! And if it's three things I don't believe in, it's quitting and math."

pndmnd
#42re: Have you ever played the same role twice, or been in a musical or play
Posted: 1/23/06 at 11:06am

Oliver 3 times.
Joseph... 3 times.
My Fair Lady twice.
Guys and Dolls twice.
Children's Hour twice.

Oh, and I just got offered a job doing Oliver again, but I haven't decided yet.

Enjolras77 Profile Photo
Enjolras77
#43re: Have you ever played the same role twice, or been in a musical or play
Posted: 1/23/06 at 11:10am

I played Prez in two separate productions of The Pajama Game. I also was in two productions of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. However, I was a different brother each time. The first time I did the show I was the brother who sang "One More Angel in Heaven" and the second time I did the show I was the brother who sang "Those Canaan Days" (with a nice French accent!) :)

"You pile up enough tomorrows, and you'll find you are left with nothing but a lot of empty yesterdays. I don't know about you, but I'd like to make today worth remembering." --Harold Hill from The Music Man

JudasIscariot Profile Photo
JudasIscariot
#44re: Have you ever played the same role twice, or been in a musical or play
Posted: 1/23/06 at 11:38am

I've been in Beauty and the Beast twice. Once as Maurice, the other as ensemble. Updated On: 1/23/06 at 11:38 AM

showinoff Profile Photo
showinoff
#45re: Have you ever played the same role twice, or been in a musical or play
Posted: 1/23/06 at 11:57am

I have been in Fiddler on the roof 5 times regionally. 2 times as Motel, and 3 times as Perchik. I am not even Jewish.
Symour in LSOH twice, and I love you...now change, I have played the younger man twice.

They were all great experiences, gives you the oppertunity to see where you have grown, or become static.

<< Gavin Creel and Kate Baldwin making vocal love... I adore these two.

cathyhyatt
#46re: Have you ever played the same role twice, or been in a musical or play
Posted: 1/23/06 at 1:11pm

the wizard of oz 3 times..

well in 8th grade we did 'oz' and I was glinda

then my junior I was the wicked witch in a production because I 'sounded too old for dorothy'

well I went after dorothy a 3rd time...and I was cast! so those freakin casting people can now kiss my little butt hahah because the show ran for a month with sold out performances and their show ran for a weekend with half the audience full!! (that felt good.. hahahah)

but let me tell you, I'm wizardofozed-out hahah AND this summer the show at this community theatre where I usually do shows at is 'the wiz'. I literally screamed when I found out.

"You won't fight without layers of armor Suit on up and come brace my sword You look back when the pieces are missing Hollowed out hope that no time can restore."

tacos are great
#47re: Have you ever played the same role twice, or been in a musical or play
Posted: 1/23/06 at 1:15pm

In my town's nativity show, I played baby Jesus twice (when I was 6 months old and again when I was a year and a half) and Joseph when I was 13 (with my baby brother as Jesus). That kinda counts.

Literal tacos! Sheesh. Y'all are nasty....
Updated On: 1/23/06 at 01:15 PM

Broadway Bob* Profile Photo
Broadway Bob*
#48re: Have you ever played the same role twice, or been in a musical or play
Posted: 1/23/06 at 1:26pm

JOSEPH... twice - 1st time was modeled after the original Broadway production, I was Judah (no solo) and the 2nd time was taken from the '90s Donny Osmond revival version, I played Issachar and the Baker!

..SUPERSTAR! 1st time was one of the worst productions of the show EVER and I was Herod. The 2nd time was modeled after the new DVD and I was, again, Herod. I did my cartwheel/split in both productions, but at least the second time i didn't have to wear a black feather wig and pink boa around my ass and sing over TAP dancing back-up singers! OY!!!!

A role I would love to play again would be Horton in SEUSSICAL!

And my favorite role EVER, which I've played twice and would kill to do again and again....

Reverend Mother in NUNSENSE A-MEN! The first time I was just Reverend Mother. The second time I directed/choreographed and played Rev. I'm directing NUNSENSE this summer and I am BUMMED that I won't be able to get back in the habit again! (The theater is making me do the all female version!)

<-- Tevye, FIDDLER ON THE ROOF, March 2018

Footlooser Profile Photo
Footlooser
#49re: Have you ever played the same role twice, or been in a musical or play
Posted: 1/23/06 at 2:21pm

The Sound of Music~ 3 times, twice as Kurt and once as Director
Annie~ twice, Rooster and Director
The Music Man~ Twice Marcellus and Tommy Djilas

"You know just because you put a smiley face after it doesn't change the fact that it was an a-hole comment." ~ Sumofallthings

Videos