Easy Lottos to Win

yodamarie78 Profile Photo
yodamarie78
#25re: Easy Lottos to Win
Posted: 3/15/06 at 10:14pm

You win the right to by cheap tickets to the show that are often in the front row.

Dre2387 Profile Photo
Dre2387
#26re: Easy Lottos to Win
Posted: 3/15/06 at 10:19pm

i have done the DRS lottoe every single time I have been there. and either me or a friend of mine has won 5 out of the 6 times. go for it. i love DRS lotto.

and on the plus side, the lotto guy is hott. with a British accent.

<--- the set of A Midsummer Night's Dream that I was assistant stage manager for during the 2007 season at the STNJ outdoor stage.

-Dre-
You must remember all the same that at the crux of every game is knowing when it's time to leave the table... And it's important to be artful in your exit. No turning back, you must accept the con is done... It was a ball, it was a blast. And it's a shame it couldn't last. But every chapter has to end, you must agree.
~Dirty Rotten Scoundrels~

There's a special kind of people known as show people. We live in a world full of dreams. Sometimes we're not too certain what's false and what's real. But we're seldom in doubt about what we feel.
~Curtains~

It is a far, far better thing I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest I go to, than I have ever known.
~A Tale of Two Cities ~

astonishing1985 Profile Photo
astonishing1985
#27re: Easy Lottos to Win
Posted: 3/15/06 at 10:22pm

I won the Wicked lottery first time I ever tried a lottery.

Hartt School class of 2010 ;-)

Billboard Girl Profile Photo
Billboard Girl
#28re: Easy Lottos to Win
Posted: 3/15/06 at 10:24pm

Also, is it easy to get SRO tickets for RENT or Spelling Bee AFTER the lotto's are over or are they most likely going to be sold out of SRO tickets before the lotto?

I've tried the RENT lotto twice this week and not only was it hella crowded both times, the lotto guy announced afterwards that the show was completely sold out for that night - including the SRO tickets.

"There was this one time an alarm went off - it was in the middle of '24.' That's just wrong. Everyone knows everyone was watching '24' at that time." --NYU student quoted in the Washington Square News about students ignoring the frequent fire alarms in dorms

xM3L24x Profile Photo
xM3L24x
#29re: Easy Lottos to Win
Posted: 3/15/06 at 10:25pm

Well, atleast RENT is doing well.

Billboard Girl Profile Photo
Billboard Girl
#30re: Easy Lottos to Win
Posted: 3/15/06 at 10:32pm

Yeah, I was happy for RENT but sad for me and my inability to get tickets.

"There was this one time an alarm went off - it was in the middle of '24.' That's just wrong. Everyone knows everyone was watching '24' at that time." --NYU student quoted in the Washington Square News about students ignoring the frequent fire alarms in dorms

SweetQintheLights
#31re: Easy Lottos to Win
Posted: 3/15/06 at 10:34pm

Does anyone know if and what other shows pick the lotto at 6:30 instead of 6:00 on Friday. The only one I know of is Spelling Bee.

Is Spelling Bee SRO easy to get if you dont win the lotto?

"How bout a little black dress?"~hannahshule "I have a penis, not a vagina." ~munkustrap178

dirty rotten guy Profile Photo
dirty rotten guy
#32re: Easy Lottos to Win
Posted: 3/15/06 at 10:40pm

Does Spelling Bee even do SRO? I mean, becuase the cast has to go through most of the theater at one point or another during the show, I wouldnt think that there would be room for SRO.

"The hallmark of aristocracy is responsibility. Oh brother, that got me, that did me in!"

Parks
#33re: Easy Lottos to Win
Posted: 3/15/06 at 10:44pm

I had SRO seats to Spelling Bee tonight. AWFUL seats--so I didn't like the performance very much. The cast members never go where they SRO seats are. SRO seats are on the sides--my seats very VERY obstructed view.

Let's go through lotteries:
-DRS in July (when the lottery tickets didn't suck)-lost once, won the next.
-Avenue Q-won on my first try re: Easy Lottos to Win
-Wicked--I have tried that stupid lottery...about 5 or 6 times--and STILL have not won it. Geez, will the show just CLOSE already so I can get a life in NYC?
-Spelling Bee-about 3 times? Never won--but I bought SRO seats after Wicked's matinee performance's lottery winners were announced. I think that's all.
Oh, HAIRSPRAY! Won this morning! First time--AMAZING show--ahh!

"If it walks like a Parks, if it wobbles like a Parks, then it's definitely fat and nobody loves it." --MA
Updated On: 3/15/06 at 10:44 PM

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#34re: Easy Lottos to Win
Posted: 3/16/06 at 12:09am

I wonder if spring break would not be the best time to try the lotto. Just thinking the numbers would go up expotentionally.

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#35re: Easy Lottos to Win
Posted: 3/16/06 at 12:17am

Lottos are very crowded this week.
Most of the SRO spots at Bee are great, but yes, they have also been selling out early in the day and won't be available after the lotto.
Parks, sorry you had a bad experience because of where your spot was.

ILoveWicked330
#36re: Easy Lottos to Win
Posted: 3/16/06 at 6:57am

I did SRO for Spelling Bee last week and was the 2nd to last spot (26) & all I couldn't see was the backdrops which is nothing. Since I already saw the show, I knew what it was (a gym most of the time...) so I didn't think it was that bad.

Updated On: 3/16/06 at 06:57 AM

Parks
#37re: Easy Lottos to Win
Posted: 3/16/06 at 9:37am

My mom had 26, I had 24. I wasn't very familiar with the show going into it.

About Wicked--I don't even know why I try. I don't want to see Wicked, but it's like I have to prove that I can win it to myself?

"If it walks like a Parks, if it wobbles like a Parks, then it's definitely fat and nobody loves it." --MA

Fosse76
#38re: Easy Lottos to Win
Posted: 3/16/06 at 9:48am

"About Wicked--I don't even know why I try. I don't want to see Wicked, but it's like I have to prove that I can win it to myself?"

So, you want to take tickets away from someone who wants to see it? That's just as bad as the people who try the Spelling Bee lotto only because they lost at Wicked. Instead of trying to get tickets to a show you don't want to see (hence taking them away from someone who DOES want to see it) try shows you actually want to see.

ILove Profile Photo
ILove
#39re: Easy Lottos to Win
Posted: 3/16/06 at 10:06am

Spelling Bee is usually not that bad. I have never lost it, I've won 4 times. And sometimes SRO tickets are availible after the loto, but not always.

Avenue Q wasnt bad either, I went over December break and there were about...30 people or so? My brother won. So I dont think it would be bad on any random night

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#40re: Easy Lottos to Win
Posted: 3/16/06 at 10:24am

ILove, are you delusional? 30 people at Avenue Q? During winter break??
Even during the huge blizzards and on off nights, they have at least 50.

And I agree with Fosse76- don't just try Bee lotto cuz you lost Wicked, see it because you want to see it!!

ILove Profile Photo
ILove
#41re: Easy Lottos to Win
Posted: 3/16/06 at 11:59am

I was a little suprised myself. I have only done Avenue Q lotto once, and before I went I had heard it was really hard to win. It was like December 23 I think, during break, and there were like...30-40 people maybe?

SweetQintheLights
#42re: Easy Lottos to Win
Posted: 3/16/06 at 12:13pm

I know Sweeney Todd has student rush tickets for Mon-Thurs but I've been looking and I can't find information on if they have a lotto. Does anyone know if they do?

I am thinking of doing lotto tomorrow IF I go to NYC. Im thinking of doing the RENT lotto and Spelling Bee lotto which is picked a half hour later.

Does anybody else have any other suggestions for getting REALLY cheap tickets for a show tomorrow? (Friday, march 17th) I guess if worse comes to worst, I'll try tkts. Although, at this point, Im not even sure I'm going.

"How bout a little black dress?"~hannahshule "I have a penis, not a vagina." ~munkustrap178

Fantabulous428 Profile Photo
Fantabulous428
#43re: Easy Lottos to Win
Posted: 3/16/06 at 12:22pm

Sweeney doesn't have lotto and only does student rush Tues/Wed/Thurs.

I recognize the addiction to being alive.

SweetQintheLights
#44re: Easy Lottos to Win
Posted: 3/16/06 at 2:24pm

Could someone please answer my questions from 2 posts above?

Also, Parks (or anyone)- Where are the lotto seats now? Last time I went they were the last row of the theatre.

Fantabulous428
#45re: Easy Lottos to Win
Posted: 3/16/06 at 2:25pm

Which question are you referring to? I answered your Sweeney question above.

SweetQintheLights
#46re: Easy Lottos to Win
Posted: 3/16/06 at 2:28pm

"Does anybody else have any other suggestions for getting REALLY cheap tickets for a show tomorrow? (Friday, march 17th)"

Also, the Hairspray question.

And, is there any other lotto, besides Spelling Bee, that picks at 6:30 instead of 6?

whoops- no lotto for PJGame- do you think student rush will be easy?

thanks

Updated On: 3/16/06 at 02:28 PM

Fantabulous428
#47re: Easy Lottos to Win
Posted: 3/16/06 at 2:32pm

Your best bet for cheap tickets is lotto.

I have no idea what Hairspray question you are talking about.

No, Spelling Bee is the only lotto that draws at 6:30.

Pajama Game doesn't have lotto.

http://www.talkinbroadway.com/boards/index.php?rush=show

Updated On: 3/16/06 at 02:32 PM

SweetQintheLights
#48re: Easy Lottos to Win
Posted: 3/16/06 at 2:43pm

I just PMed you Fantabulous!

To The Stage!
#49re: Easy Lottos to Win
Posted: 4/9/06 at 12:59pm

So afraid of getting older

I'm only good at being young
Updated On: 4/9/06 at 12:59 PM

Videos