pixeltracker

'Legally Blonde' To Open On Broadway On April 26, 2007- Page 2

'Legally Blonde' To Open On Broadway On April 26, 2007

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#25re: 'Legally Blonde' To Open On Broadway On April 26, 2007
Posted: 4/25/06 at 7:41pm

She was good in WICKED in Chicago, I just keep feeling there must be somebody we aren't thinking of - somebody not so obvious who would be really great.

I also wonder if they won't consider some established film stars, or maybe even someone like Kristen Bell.

Carrie White
#26re: 'Legally Blonde' To Open On Broadway On April 26, 2007
Posted: 4/25/06 at 7:43pm

I think Kate Reinders would be a great choice... I dont know Kristen Bell too much, but shes cute and can sing and dance...

Alli579 Profile Photo
Alli579
#27re: 'Legally Blonde' To Open On Broadway On April 26, 2007
Posted: 4/25/06 at 7:58pm

Is Marc Platt attached to this in any way? I'm kind of surprised that he wouldn't be, considering he produced the film.

MrBundles Profile Photo
MrBundles
#28re: 'Legally Blonde' To Open On Broadway On April 26, 2007
Posted: 4/25/06 at 8:56pm

yay...Jerry rocks!

Your fupa is showing.

meggsison
#29re: 'Legally Blonde' To Open On Broadway On April 26, 2007
Posted: 4/25/06 at 9:08pm

Well, this is exciting. I liked this movie a lot, but I didn't expect the date to be out this early. I thought it would be a few more years at least. Then again, I haven't been paying much attention to the project at all...

The course of true love never did run smooth.

Sparklesss Profile Photo
Sparklesss
#30re: 'Legally Blonde' To Open On Broadway On April 26, 2007
Posted: 4/25/06 at 9:27pm

"washed up Glinda" haha thats funny. I like all those actresses but that is funny cause it does seem they are using actresses that played that role. What else is Laura in? Also, considering she was so demanding WICKED let her go, i'd be surprised if she could negotiate with these producers...

Fabrizio2
#31re: 'Legally Blonde' To Open On Broadway On April 26, 2007
Posted: 4/25/06 at 9:54pm

But why not do Reese? She was a great singer in Walk the Line, and I am sure she can make the bridge from country to musical theatre with some training...just my thoughts. I mean she was the original Elle.

Sparklesss Profile Photo
Sparklesss
#32re: 'Legally Blonde' To Open On Broadway On April 26, 2007
Posted: 4/25/06 at 10:03pm

If Reese could do June Carter, I think she DEF. could do Elle on broadway. I'd almost perfer them to pick her...or get a new actress in, not any of the glindas. Let someone else shine..

motherofadiva
Come Back to Me Profile Photo
Come Back to Me
#34re: 'Legally Blonde' To Open On Broadway On April 26, 2007
Posted: 4/25/06 at 10:21pm

I'd love to see Reese do this!

InfiniteTheaterFrenzy Profile Photo
InfiniteTheaterFrenzy
#35re: 'Legally Blonde' To Open On Broadway On April 26, 2007
Posted: 4/25/06 at 10:28pm

Oh, Kate Reinders would be INCREDIBLE!!!! So would Jessica Snow- Wilson actually.

And this might sound weird, but could anyone else see Jenn Gambatese doing it- albeit in a very blonde wig? Obviously, it's impossible because of Tarzan, but I think she'd be great in theory.

[title of show] on Broadway. it's time. believe.

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#36re: 'Legally Blonde' To Open On Broadway On April 26, 2007
Posted: 4/25/06 at 10:31pm

Reese would NEVER do Broadway at this point in her career.

She's the new highest paid actress in Hollywood riding the success of her Oscar. Broadway would be a bad career move for her right now.

Not that Broadway is bad for actors. In fact, it's where actors go to prove that they really do know how to act. But, Reese is making the big bucks right now and she's not going to give that up.

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde

broadwaybelter Profile Photo
broadwaybelter
#37re: 'Legally Blonde' To Open On Broadway On April 26, 2007
Posted: 4/25/06 at 11:50pm

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMG!!!!!!!! I'm so psyched!!!

Sparklesss Profile Photo
Sparklesss
#38re: 'Legally Blonde' To Open On Broadway On April 26, 2007
Posted: 4/26/06 at 12:10am

i'm always a bit nervous when they make a successful movie into a play and vise versa...i hope it works out.

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#39re: 'Legally Blonde' To Open On Broadway On April 26, 2007
Posted: 4/26/06 at 12:29am

Kind of scared to see this cast list....

elphaba.scares.me Profile Photo
elphaba.scares.me
#40re: 'Legally Blonde' To Open On Broadway On April 26, 2007
Posted: 4/26/06 at 12:44am

call me crazy, but if reese witherspoon decided to tackle broadway, i doubt it would be to rehash a role she's already done, several years ago, before she was a Serious Actress. re: 'Legally Blonde' To Open On Broadway On April 26, 2007

having sung a lot of it, i can say that larry o'keefe's music for women tends to be really hard and high and belty. plus, there aren't that many young bway girls who can carry a show.

it's not the easiest role to cast. the buzz on laura bell bundy is really good. playing elle not only requires a lot of comedic ability and spirit, but also a sweetness and lack of guile that makes you root for her. if they like her, i hope they keep her and don't stunt-cast it with some tv star who can't do it justice.

HBG Profile Photo
HBG
#41re: 'Legally Blonde' To Open On Broadway On April 26, 2007
Posted: 4/26/06 at 1:19am

I'm just curious what makes people think they won't just stick with Laura Bell Bundy. She's done all the workshops. There's been a lot of recasting done already. She hasn't been replaced. I think Jerry Mitchell will stick with her.

"Free from what, Tracy? Free from what?"
Updated On: 4/26/06 at 01:19 AM

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#42re: 'Legally Blonde' To Open On Broadway On April 26, 2007
Posted: 4/26/06 at 1:42am

Jerry HAS known her for quite along time now and I feel LBB need her day in the spotlight.

Did anyone catch her Glinda? I did, and she was amazing! I also got to meet her backstage and she was just as sweet as can be. I really do hope she gets to keep her position as Elle.

"Zac is sweet as can be. He's very much just a sweet kid from California who happens to have a face that looks like it was drawn by Michelangelo, (if Michelangelo did anime)."
-Adam Shankman.

"I haven't left this building since Windows 3.1!"

"Celebrating a birthday this week: Rene Descartes is 412! Do you know who he is? Then why are you watching this show? You could probably get into college and even get one of those job things. As for the rest of us; Amanda Bynes is 22! Yay!"
-E!'s "The Soup"

lite2shine Profile Photo
lite2shine
#43Laura Bell Bundy is Elle
Posted: 4/26/06 at 2:40pm

I read that she confirmed herself that she'd be Elle.

>mateo san, anatawa nihon jin desuka?

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#44Laura Bell Bundy is Elle
Posted: 4/26/06 at 4:14pm

No, I am not. ^^

But I do speak some japanese... and have an overall fascination with eastern culture.

"Zac is sweet as can be. He's very much just a sweet kid from California who happens to have a face that looks like it was drawn by Michelangelo, (if Michelangelo did anime)."
-Adam Shankman.

"I haven't left this building since Windows 3.1!"

"Celebrating a birthday this week: Rene Descartes is 412! Do you know who he is? Then why are you watching this show? You could probably get into college and even get one of those job things. As for the rest of us; Amanda Bynes is 22! Yay!"
-E!'s "The Soup"

Videos