Mrs. Lovett's Death

#25re: Mrs. Lovett's Death
Posted: 8/8/06 at 8:26pm

"No Final Destination-esque deaths here."

"I'm never going on a roller coaster again because of that movie. "

I'm never going NEAR a tanning bed EVER!

Becoz_i_knew_you21 Profile Photo
Becoz_i_knew_you21
#26re: Mrs. Lovett's Death
Posted: 8/8/06 at 8:32pm

"No Final Destination-esque deaths here."

"I'm never going on a roller coaster again because of that movie. "

I'm never going NEAR a tanning bed EVER!"

I was going to say that but, I didn't. Same here.

MyNameInLights Profile Photo
MyNameInLights
#27re: Mrs. Lovett's Death
Posted: 8/8/06 at 8:36pm

Color and Light, that's going in my signature!

"The stage is where I live and come alive and act out all the things that go on in my life. It's not just what I do for a living, it's my shrink and my love affair. No one in my life has ever or ever will kiss me on the mouth like this lover called my relationship with my performance."

jasonf Profile Photo
jasonf
#28re: Mrs. Lovett's Death
Posted: 8/8/06 at 8:59pm

I thought they were all dead people, and Toby was really reading the whole story off that back wall...

Hi, Shirley Temple Pudding.

DRSisLove Profile Photo
DRSisLove
#29re: Mrs. Lovett's Death
Posted: 8/8/06 at 9:14pm

Way to add some more spoilers guys...

#30re: Mrs. Lovett's Death
Posted: 8/8/06 at 9:21pm

Whoa! Someone change the name of this thread.
I feel so bad for the people who haven't seen Sweeney!

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#31re: Mrs. Lovett's Death
Posted: 8/8/06 at 9:22pm

If you don't know the freaking plot of Sweeney, you need to take a musical theatre 101 class...

BDrischBDemented
#32re: Mrs. Lovett's Death
Posted: 8/8/06 at 9:54pm

jasonf, you also forgot that the whole story was actually set in 2004 and all the characters were living in an asylum that seemed to be in the 1700's but was actually a ruse by the town elders.

Oh, and that Sam Jackson secretly arranged for Judge Turpin to rape Sweeney's wife.

And that the aliens were allergic to water (what a load of crap).

"Your lyrics lack subtlety! You can't just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!"

Jon
#33re: Mrs. Lovett's Death
Posted: 8/8/06 at 11:28pm

And now for the John Lahr (drama critic for The New Yorker) three- part spoiler of CONTACT:

In part 1, the two men switch places at the end, so we don't know which is thre master and which is the servant.

In part 2, she hasn't really shot her husband - it was just her fantasy.

In part three - he never really went to that dance club - he just imagined it as he was trying to hang himself. And it turns out that the Girl in the Yellow Dress bares a strong resemblance to the woman who lives in the apartment below who keeps calling to complain about the noise and telling him to get a rug.

overthemoon419 Profile Photo
overthemoon419
#34re: Mrs. Lovett's Death
Posted: 8/8/06 at 11:37pm

BobbyBubby, it IS possible to be active in theatre and to know the plot of a show without knowing details about the end. I'm a theatre major and in NONE of my classes have we EVER discussed the endings of shows. In fact, I wouldn't WANT to know the END of a show I have yet to see. I've known for years the basic plot of Sweeney, but did not see the show until last month. If I had seen this thread before seeing the show, I'd have been disappointed.

"It's not for sissies, contrary to popular belief." - Tommy Tune, on musical theatre.

My avatar: Yummy, no?

mrs felciano
#35re: Mrs. Lovett's Death
Posted: 8/8/06 at 11:39pm

I agree. I too knew the plot but didn't know the ending until I saw the show. I never listened the last few tracks of the cast recording because my brother had warned me not to until I saw the show.

Then I eventually figured it out.

Tokyogirl119
#36re: Mrs. Lovett's Death
Posted: 8/9/06 at 12:55am

Thanks. Not all of us can afford to go to New York, and seeing as I'm only twelve, I don't know everything.

And I was planning on seeing it before it closes too.......

#38re: Mrs. Lovett's Death
Posted: 8/9/06 at 3:24am

Wow.... Thanks for ruining it.... And I know ALOT about musical theatre, but have never gotten into Sweeney until recently. So yes, you can know abou musical theatre and not know about Sweeney. So think before you open your mouth.

Trekkie2
#39 Mrs. Lovett's Long and Healthy Life
Posted: 8/10/06 at 7:25pm

WTF? I realy did not know that. Thanks a lot for ruining it.

"I think of avant-garde as downtown shows where you rub waffles and chocolate on yourself."- Hunter Bell

thevolleyballer
#40 Mrs. Lovett's Long and Healthy Life
Posted: 8/10/06 at 7:26pm

Trekkie, by bumping this up after it had painstakingly been buried, you just ruined for at least one other person.

Candleshoe2 Profile Photo
Candleshoe2
#41 Mrs. Lovett's Long and Healthy Life
Posted: 8/10/06 at 8:20pm

I have a question about Mrs. Lovett. In the Kennedy Center's performance of this, why was Mrs. Lovette following behind in the beginning when 'Sweeney's body' was brought out to be buried? It just didn't make sense to me, since she was supposed to be dead.

Mattbrain
#42 Mrs. Lovett's Long and Healthy Life
Posted: 11/24/06 at 9:27pm

You guys are dicks.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#43 Mrs. Lovett's Long and Healthy Life
Posted: 11/24/06 at 9:45pm

No Matt, you are.

You blew it, just accept that.

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

Kringas
#44 Mrs. Lovett's Long and Healthy Life
Posted: 11/24/06 at 10:00pm

I agree that the title should be changed. It should be Mrs. Lovett's Death!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"How do you like THAT 'misanthropic panache,' Mr. Goldstone?" - PalJoey
Updated On: 11/24/06 at 10:00 PM

BreakingTheCircle07 Profile Photo
BreakingTheCircle07
#45 Mrs. Lovett's Long and Healthy Life
Posted: 11/25/06 at 1:23am

We can tell everyone that Sweeney and Lovett have lots of kids and live a long, happy life...like Jimmy & Mary's understanding of Romeo & Juliet in Reefer Madness.

Variations on a Theme blog: http://panekattack.blogspot.com/

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#46 Mrs. Lovett's Long and Healthy Life
Posted: 11/25/06 at 5:25am

Well that just ruined some of the show for me  Mrs. Lovett's Long and Healthy Life

Change the title of your thread. And warn about a spoiler.

"You guys are dicks."

Are we 10?

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611
Updated On: 11/25/06 at 05:25 AM

Mattbrain
#47 Mrs. Lovett's Long and Healthy Life
Posted: 11/25/06 at 7:21am

It's amazing how fast an old wound bleeds after it's opened.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#48 Mrs. Lovett's Long and Healthy Life
Posted: 11/25/06 at 8:33am

Just change the thread title darn it and put a spoiler warning, not everyone's seen the show.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611
Updated On: 11/25/06 at 08:33 AM

Mattbrain
#49The BroadwayWorld.com equivalent of ruining the ending of The Crying Game
Posted: 11/25/06 at 9:07am

Voila, ze title, she is changed.

Updated On: 11/25/06 at 09:07 AM

Princeton78 Profile Photo
Princeton78
#50The BroadwayWorld.com equivalent of ruining the ending of The Crying Game
Posted: 11/25/06 at 9:12am

SHE DIES?!

Geez...thanks.
Well....money saved I guess. The BroadwayWorld.com equivalent of ruining the ending of The Crying Game

"Y'all have a GRAND day now"

Videos