pixeltracker

Ashlee Simpson in costume as Roxie- Page 2

Ashlee Simpson in costume as Roxie

ashley0139
#25re: Ashlee Simpson in costume as Roxie
Posted: 9/15/06 at 8:41pm

Umm... how does she think she's going to pull off eight shows a week? That's a laugh. But as against this as I am, she looks great.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

DancNdaMoonlite Profile Photo
DancNdaMoonlite
#26re: Ashlee Simpson in costume as Roxie
Posted: 9/15/06 at 8:42pm

Oh woa, I completely forgot about her new face. She doesnt look like herself.

WiiCKED x3
#27re: Ashlee Simpson in costume as Roxie
Posted: 9/15/06 at 8:45pm

She looks fantastic!

MrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
#28re: Ashlee Simpson in costume as Roxie
Posted: 9/15/06 at 8:48pm

I didn't mind how she looked before either, but if it makes her happy...

I wonder if she'll play Val in A Chorus Line next.

"The gods who nurse this universe think little of mortals' cares. They sit in crowds on exclusive clouds and laugh at our love affairs. I might have had a real romance if they'd given me a chance. I loved him, but he didn't love me. I wanted him, but he didn't want me. Then the gods had a spree and indulged in another whim. Now he loves me, but I don't love him." - Cole Porter

CurtisTaylorJr2 Profile Photo
CurtisTaylorJr2
#29re: Ashlee Simpson in costume as Roxie
Posted: 9/15/06 at 9:33pm

She looks good there.

bwayondabrain
#30re: Ashlee Simpson in costume as Roxie
Posted: 9/15/06 at 9:36pm

she looks rather hot- like a completely different person than how she used to be
she looks great in the pictures- except i dont really like the one with her tongue slightly out...

JamesMacon Profile Photo
JamesMacon
#31re: Ashlee Simpson in costume as Roxie
Posted: 9/15/06 at 9:43pm

Honestly - altough I am not the biggest fan - I think she will be great.

ruthiefan_felix Profile Photo
ruthiefan_felix
#32re: Ashlee Simpson in costume as Roxie
Posted: 9/16/06 at 6:51am

Im confident with her performance but these promo shots must be one of the worst Chicago Ldn's had! It's so... un Chicago! And Ashlee look so weird to me... awkward in her poses... and there's a few pixs around with a blue background... what the hell? I miss those nice b/w stylish pixs!

All That Jazz Check out & support my drawings @ www.facebook.com/felixdrawings

AngusN
#33re: Ashlee Simpson in costume as Roxie
Posted: 9/16/06 at 7:25am

People need to get over the episode on SNL. Christ, there isn't a successful popstar out there that hasn't mimed, sometimes artists have to due to feedback etc.
If she lacked that much talent, then the producers would not have cast her. We've got to give her a chance.
And I for one, wish her luck!

Mattbrain
#34re: Ashlee Simpson in costume as Roxie
Posted: 9/16/06 at 7:50am

I gotta say it. She looks amazing.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#35re: Ashlee Simpson in costume as Roxie
Posted: 9/16/06 at 7:53am

I might decide to reserve judgement for a change!

Baine Profile Photo
Baine
#36re: Ashlee Simpson in costume as Roxie
Posted: 9/16/06 at 8:14am

I agree with PARISinNYC--In this picture, Ashlee looks more like her sister than ever!

She really is growing up to look like her. I guess that's yet another reason she tried to "distinguish" herself back when.

I've never particularly cared for the girls myself..well, I got to meet her and Nick at my local mall when they were promoting that Here on Earth movie, so I liked a couple of her early songs after that, but in the long run, I don't have much respect for either of the girls and find their musical skills to be lacking.

At the same time, I think I remember Ashlee's camp saying something about that lip-synching thing only occuring the one time because she had been sick or something? Who knows if it's true or not, but if so, maybe she'll turn around and surprise us all....

MAYBE.

At the very least, hopefully she can do something better with her life than her sister has...

Princeton78 Profile Photo
Princeton78
#37re: Ashlee Simpson in costume as Roxie
Posted: 9/16/06 at 9:13am

Let's see how she does on opening night.
She looks sensational.
I will say though, it's a bit freaky to look at the difference thanks to the nose-job. That kind of thing has always weirded me out.

"Y'all have a GRAND day now"

Baine Profile Photo
Baine
#38re: Ashlee Simpson in costume as Roxie
Posted: 9/16/06 at 9:19am

Quote:
Let's see how she does on opening night.
She looks sensational.
I will say though, it's a bit freaky to look at the difference thanks to the nose-job. That kind of thing has always weirded me out.

--------------------------------

Definitely different. Then again, if you put it against a picture of her without the dyed hair and make-up at the age she's at now, would she look as completely different as she does in this shot?

Growing up, we always change a little. When she isn't messing around with her image, maybe she looked a lot closer to this.

Of course, the nose job DID play a part--it just might not be the ONLY factor. You know?

Princeton78 Profile Photo
Princeton78
#39re: Ashlee Simpson in costume as Roxie
Posted: 9/16/06 at 9:24am

Oh, it's amazing what hair and makeup will do.
She just seems like another Jennifer Grey. I look at that woman now and look at her during "Dirty Dancing" and it's like looking at 2 totally different people.

"Y'all have a GRAND day now"

Baine Profile Photo
Baine
#40re: Ashlee Simpson in costume as Roxie
Posted: 9/16/06 at 9:30am

Very true, Princeton. Those two factors help a LOT. It's amazing what you can do with make-up these days.

Given enough time and money, a person could walk around looking as though they have a huge chest or a toned six-pack when it's really just an allusion. Gotta love the magic of make-up, ne?

I know that I'm still looking for the haircut that will work wonders!

Of course, this brings us back to--with the same hair and make-up and no nose job, would she still look so VERY different? ^.~

MrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
#41re: Ashlee Simpson in costume as Roxie
Posted: 9/16/06 at 9:42am

I understand what you mean, Princeton. Personally, I don't think the change is quite as dramatic as with Grey, though. Ashlee looks different, but I can still tell that she's Ashlee.

"The gods who nurse this universe think little of mortals' cares. They sit in crowds on exclusive clouds and laugh at our love affairs. I might have had a real romance if they'd given me a chance. I loved him, but he didn't love me. I wanted him, but he didn't want me. Then the gods had a spree and indulged in another whim. Now he loves me, but I don't love him." - Cole Porter

Baine Profile Photo
Baine
#42re: Ashlee Simpson in costume as Roxie
Posted: 9/16/06 at 9:45am

MrMidwest just said what I was trying to put into words and couldn't.

*grins*

Okay, I need to stop being bored and go to bed...or try to, anyway. It's almost 11 p.m. over here! No more procrastination for me!

EponineAmneris Profile Photo
EponineAmneris
#43re: Ashlee Simpson in costume as Roxie
Posted: 9/16/06 at 9:58am

She looks OK... But looks are not anything/everything in theatre. I am really against this. I kept hoping this was simply a rumor and not going to happen... She can't even sing one song on TV without lipsyncing. There is NO WAY she can handle 8 shows a week as Roxie Hart.

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS

luvliza89 Profile Photo
luvliza89
#44re: Ashlee Simpson in costume as Roxie
Posted: 9/16/06 at 9:58am

I actually think she looks trashy in these pictures. Where in real life she isn't usually.

Well this will be interesting none the less...

shiksa_goddess Profile Photo
shiksa_goddess
#45re: Ashlee Simpson in costume as Roxie
Posted: 9/16/06 at 12:45pm

I think she looks great in the first picture posted, but the others aren't as great. I agree with the others that have said "whoever did her nose job is amazing!" However, I don't really think there was ever anything wrong with her nose.

As for how she'll do in Chicago...only time will tell.

renthead333 Profile Photo
renthead333
#46re: Ashlee Simpson in costume as Roxie
Posted: 9/16/06 at 1:02pm

for some reason she's making me want to see this...

Aqualline2 Profile Photo
Aqualline2
#47re: Ashlee Simpson in costume as Roxie
Posted: 9/16/06 at 1:12pm

as oposed to this as i am I must admit she looks good

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#48re: Ashlee Simpson in costume as Roxie
Posted: 9/16/06 at 1:29pm

Wow, that nose job made her look exactly like her sister.

The fact that she doesn't look bad is no surprise; she's kind of pretty, I think. Other than looking a bit young for the part, IMO, looks are not at ALL the top concern, and the fact that she looks good by no means bodes well for this little endeavor.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

BrunetteBombshell
#49re: Ashlee Simpson in costume as Roxie
Posted: 9/16/06 at 1:48pm

She's looking pretty. But I think it's because she looks just like her sister now. I was kind of shocked to see the picture, I could have sworn it was Jessica.

Videos