pixeltracker

The Rest of the GREASE Cast- Page 2

The Rest of the GREASE Cast

withoutlovewithoutU Profile Photo
withoutlovewithoutU
#25re: The Rest of the GREASE Cast
Posted: 3/25/07 at 9:47pm

I think I'm getting tickets to this for my b-day...
I'm so happy that Matthew is in it. I LOVED him in Wedding Singer.

"If we don't live happily ever after at least we survive until the end of the week!" -Kermit the frog "I need the money... it costs a lot to look this cheap!" -Dolly P. "Oh please, Over at 'Gypsy' Patti LuPone hasn't even alienated her first daughter yet!" Mary Testa in "Xanadu" "...Like a drunk Chita Rivera!" Robin de Jesus in "In the Heights"

"B*tch, I don't know your life." -Xanadu After that if he still doesn't understand why you were uncomfortable and are now infuriated, kick him again but this time with Jazz Hands!!! -KillerTofu

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#26re: The Rest of the GREASE Cast
Posted: 3/25/07 at 9:55pm

"I know Christina Sivrich (from TWS) got cast in the show in the ensemble and the u/s for someone."

Christina will be understudying Frenchie, Jan, and Miss Lynch.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.
Updated On: 3/25/07 at 09:55 PM

Trish2
#27re: The Rest of the GREASE Cast
Posted: 3/25/07 at 9:58pm

Well considering that the rest of the cast of men is so unattractive, it surely makes Max look good.

Lynnespock2
#28re: The Rest of the GREASE Cast
Posted: 3/25/07 at 10:04pm

Jose is very handsome! You saw the cast for what, 60 seconds?

Live long and prosper. Marriage equity now!

ABSteel Profile Photo
ABSteel
#29re: The Rest of the GREASE Cast
Posted: 3/25/07 at 10:08pm

I loved Allison in LESTAT! The girl has some pipes!

"A girl like me lands on her feet."

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#30re: The Rest of the GREASE Cast
Posted: 3/25/07 at 10:10pm

"I know Christina Sivrich (from TWS) got cast in the show in the ensemble and the u/s for someone.

Christina will be understudying Frenchie, Marty, and Miss Lynch. "

I LOVE her!
re: The Rest of the GREASE Cast
I'm getting more and more exicited to see this.
It opens three days before my 19th birthday!

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#31re: The Rest of the GREASE Cast
Posted: 3/25/07 at 10:10pm

Really happy about Jenny Powers. She's quite the talent.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#32re: The Rest of the GREASE Cast
Posted: 3/25/07 at 10:17pm

Was that Ava Gaudet as one of the broadway cast members? I didn't pay attention to who she is playing but I can swear its her. I just want to double check.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

jimnysf
#33re: The Rest of the GREASE Cast
Posted: 3/25/07 at 10:33pm

You are wrong about a few of the cast members.

Rizzo will be played by:

Eugene will be played by:

"I've lost everything! Luis, Marty, my baby with Chris, Chris himself, James. All I ever wanted was love." --Sheridan Crane "Passions" ------- "Housework is like bad sex. Every time I do it, I swear I'll never do it again til the next time company comes."--"Lulu" from "Can't Stop The Music" ----- "When the right doors didn't open for him, he went through the wrong ones" - "Sweet Bird of Youth" ------------ --------- "Passions" is uncancelled! See NBC.com for more info.

xM3L24x Profile Photo
xM3L24x
#34re: The Rest of the GREASE Cast
Posted: 3/25/07 at 10:40pm

Okay I totally missed seeing Jenny Powers and Matthew Saldivar while watching. I was looking to see if I knew anyone, too. That's great!

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#35re: The Rest of the GREASE Cast
Posted: 3/25/07 at 10:41pm

Did they sat the names of the other cast members or did they just do a number?

cause I have heard other casting rumors.

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#36re: The Rest of the GREASE Cast
Posted: 3/25/07 at 10:45pm

"Did they sat the names of the other cast members or did they just do a number?

cause I have heard other casting rumors. "

The contestants started out singing Summer Nights
Then the contestants faded into the background.
The cast came up, Billy Bush announced the characters and they all stepped forward and finished Summer Nights with Laura and Max.

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

Lynnespock2
#37re: The Rest of the GREASE Cast
Posted: 3/25/07 at 10:45pm

They did sort of a number. The names should be posted this week as they officially announced Brooks Atkinson as the theater.

In any case, the actors you saw tonight have their parts.

Live long and prosper. Marriage equity now!

allvocal Profile Photo
allvocal
#38re: The Rest of the GREASE Cast
Posted: 3/25/07 at 11:00pm

I think the rest of the cast looks too old... Not too old to play the parts.. but agains't Max and Laura.. its gonna be a bit odd I think...

I don't believe that was Jay Klaitz.. I just did a show with him.. and he told me about Kristen Wyatt and didn't mention he was cast or even had auditioned.

muzikguy
#39re: The Rest of the GREASE Cast
Posted: 3/25/07 at 11:01pm

Jan is being played by Lindsay Mendez. I think this is her Broadway debut, but I know she was in the workshops of Princesses and I've seen her in a couple of David Zippel concerts in the city. She has an AMAZING voice, and is so fun on stage! I can't wait for the show to start.

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#40re: The Rest of the GREASE Cast
Posted: 3/25/07 at 11:06pm

does anyone else think that final number was pre-recorded? otherwise i applaud austin's quick change abilitiesto get into the coveralls and in place on the stairs that fast

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

broadwaybaby086
#41re: The Rest of the GREASE Cast
Posted: 3/25/07 at 11:12pm

Is it wrong that I'm way more excited for the ensemble than anything else about this show?

Broadway.com confirms Saldivar as Kenickie:
http://www.broadway.com/Gen/Buzz_Story.aspx?ci=545774

"I'll cut you, Tracee Beazer!!!! ...Just kidding. I'd never cut anyone." -Tina Maddigan, 9/30/06, WS stage door
Avatar: JULIE "EFFING" WHITE, 2007 TONY WINNER. Thank God. I'm thinking about legally changing my name to Lizzie Curry...

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#42re: The Rest of the GREASE Cast
Posted: 3/25/07 at 11:16pm

Is it wrong that I'm way more excited for the ensemble than anything else about this show?

Not at all!

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

starlight2
#43re: The Rest of the GREASE Cast
Posted: 3/25/07 at 11:44pm

ok, so my friends and i are soooo excited! we are all in our 40's and all the new GREASE cast is too apparantly from tonights show...how cool is that!? (except the new Danny and Sandy who are 12) we can so relive our "real" "we go together" past on Broadway! Except, seriously, my best friend called at the end of the show tonight and asked "do you think they look older than we do....and fatter?"!? My answer? Just can't handle this! What were they thinking when they cast this? makes me a little sick!

LouieLovesTheater Profile Photo
LouieLovesTheater
#44re: The Rest of the GREASE Cast
Posted: 3/25/07 at 11:48pm

So NOW people are saying "Oh, Grease it supposed to be a spoof!" Where was this explanation throughout the entire process? I'm super happy for Laura (saw her in Grease in MN and she was fab) and Max but the ensemble looks too old!

Yeah yeah, we only saw them for a few seconds AND I know it's not their fault...but...sheesh...Salvidar looked freakishly old.

Powers looked smoking in a Minnie Driver sorta way.

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#45re: The Rest of the GREASE Cast
Posted: 3/26/07 at 12:04am

Playbill.com already announced the theatre.Its on their front page. they have yet to give us a full list just a couple of people.

Is Ava Gaudet in the cast by way? I thought I saw her and saw her do the same lip smacking thing she did when she came out as Mureen ready to do over the moon in rent.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

PersonofInterest Profile Photo
PersonofInterest
#46re: The Rest of the GREASE Cast
Posted: 3/26/07 at 12:13am

I don't think that was Matt Saldivar. Was this confirmed?

LouieLovesTheater Profile Photo
LouieLovesTheater
#47re: The Rest of the GREASE Cast
Posted: 3/26/07 at 12:15am

Sheesh! No! It's not Ava. (at least she wasn't on the show). If you read this post they name everyone who was on the show.

perfectliar
#48re: The Rest of the GREASE Cast
Posted: 3/26/07 at 12:16am

PersonofInterest - See the above link to Broadway.com posted by broadwaybaby06 for confirmation of Saldivar.

PersonofInterest Profile Photo
PersonofInterest
#49re: The Rest of the GREASE Cast
Posted: 3/26/07 at 12:21am

Oh, haha. Sorry. It's hard to catch up when you're on the West Coast!

Videos