pixeltracker

Lupone in Gypsy: Chances of a Cast Recording?- Page 2

Lupone in Gypsy: Chances of a Cast Recording?

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#25re: Lupone in Gypsy: Chances of a Cast Recording?
Posted: 6/25/07 at 7:26pm

I'm sure most of the people on this thread will wind up with a "recording," but definately not legal. re: Lupone in Gypsy: Chances of a Cast Recording?

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

Tchi4Lif188 Profile Photo
Tchi4Lif188
#26re: Lupone in Gypsy: Chances of a Cast Recording?
Posted: 6/25/07 at 8:05pm

Please, please, PLEASE! I would LOVE to hear a good recording of Patti in this part.

"Wishes come true, not free..."

glimpseofstocking Profile Photo
glimpseofstocking
#27re: Lupone in Gypsy: Chances of a Cast Recording?
Posted: 6/25/07 at 8:11pm

I certainly hope they do. There's no such thing as too many Gypsy cast recordings re: Lupone in Gypsy: Chances of a Cast Recording?

There wouldn't be lights bright enough!

Dollypop
#28re: Lupone in Gypsy: Chances of a Cast Recording?
Posted: 6/25/07 at 8:30pm

What is the official opening date of this production?

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)
Updated On: 6/26/07 at 08:30 PM

Raviolisun Profile Photo
Raviolisun
#29re: Lupone in Gypsy: Chances of a Cast Recording?
Posted: 6/25/07 at 8:51pm

I think we all know how I feel about this. And if some sort of Lestat **** goes on, I'm running naked through Times Square wearing only body paint that says "Release Lupo..."[Turn to back]"ne in Gypsy."

I certainly hope they do. There's no such thing as too many Gypsy cast recordings

True dat, Glimpse.

One time, Patti LuPone punched me in the face...

It was awesome.
- theaterkid1015

glimpseofstocking Profile Photo
glimpseofstocking
#30re: Lupone in Gypsy: Chances of a Cast Recording?
Posted: 6/25/07 at 10:25pm

July 12th is the offical opening. I'll be there re: Lupone in Gypsy: Chances of a Cast Recording?

There wouldn't be lights bright enough!

Dirty_Rotten_Guy Profile Photo
Dirty_Rotten_Guy
#31re: Lupone in Gypsy: Chances of a Cast Recording?
Posted: 6/26/07 at 7:39am

i think if they recorded FACE THE MUSIC which only ran for a weekend, then theyd certainly record GYPSY with Patti LuPone which is running for like 3 weeks

but then again, there were no previous recordings of FACE THE MUSIC

so im not really sure, but i hope they record GYPSY!

My 2007/2008 Season: Grey Gardens (7/5) 110 in the Shade (7/6) Mary Poppins (7/7) Xanadu (7/7) Deuce (7/8) Spamalot (7/8) Jersey Boys (8/25) The Year of Magical Thinking (8/25) Mauritius (11/2) Young Frankenstein (11/3) Rock 'N' Roll (11/3) Pygmalion (11/4) Mauritius (11/10) Mauritius (11/21) Mauritius (11/21) Sunday in the Park with George (3/6) South Pacific (3/7) Gypsy (3/8) Cat on a Hot Tin Roof (3/9)

Wicked63
#32re: Lupone in Gypsy: Chances of a Cast Recording?
Posted: 6/26/07 at 7:50am

The last Broadway production of Gypsy was 4 years ago with Ms Peters. That produced a cast recording. Wouldnt this be a bit soon as its not even a full production.

divarobbie Profile Photo
divarobbie
#33re: Lupone in Gypsy: Chances of a Cast Recording?
Posted: 6/26/07 at 8:54am

It absolutley is a full production. Full staging, full sets, full costumes, full orchestra, no scripts.

Yankeefan007
#34re: Lupone in Gypsy: Chances of a Cast Recording?
Posted: 6/26/07 at 8:57am

You all have to remember that albums cost money.

If they don't have funding, an album can't be made. A production like this? It's probably been fit into the budget.

If not, you'll have to stick with making MP4s out of the current crop of YouTube videos.

JamesMacon Profile Photo
JamesMacon
#35re: Lupone in Gypsy: Chances of a Cast Recording?
Posted: 7/8/07 at 8:36pm

What are the chances of this extending?

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#36re: Lupone in Gypsy: Chances of a Cast Recording?
Posted: 7/8/07 at 8:40pm

There are already preliminary talks underway for Nonesuch to record this production of "Gypsy".

They've never been happy with the Tyne Daly revival they did years ago, so producing the LuPone version could hopefully delete that faulty selection from their catalogue.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.
Updated On: 7/8/07 at 08:40 PM

RentBoy86
#37re: Lupone in Gypsy: Chances of a Cast Recording?
Posted: 7/8/07 at 8:45pm

Well I'll def. hold out until word is out about a recording. I've wanted to hear the whole score, but I'm not a big fan of Peter's voice. I think she's one of those performers who is better experienced live.

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#38re: Lupone in Gypsy: Chances of a Cast Recording?
Posted: 7/8/07 at 11:00pm

Hello. I hope that there will be a recording. After all, when she did the concert version of "Sweeney Todd" with the NY Philharmonic, a recording was made. Keep your fingers crossed. from RC in Austin, Texas... t.o.p.l.f.

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

ahmelie Profile Photo
ahmelie
#39re: Lupone in Gypsy: Chances of a Cast Recording?
Posted: 7/8/07 at 11:05pm

A source of mine told me (heh. I actually have a source! It's fun to be able to say that.) that there won't be a recording made. But I'm not positive.

Theatre is a safe place to do the unsafe things that need to be done. -John Patrick Shanley

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#41re: Lupone in Gypsy: Chances of a Cast Recording?
Posted: 7/9/07 at 12:50pm

I'm sure it will happen. Her Rose will be universally considered definitive.

#42re: Lupone in Gypsy: Chances of a Cast Recording?
Posted: 7/9/07 at 1:10pm

i'll do *WHATEVER* it takes to get a Patti GYPSY cast recording....

...& i mean {licks lips, bats eyes} ****ANYTHING*****......

Lorelai Profile Photo
Lorelai
#43re: Lupone in Gypsy: Chances of a Cast Recording?
Posted: 7/10/07 at 11:25am

I asked about a recording at the theater last night and was told that they weren't sure yet. So it's possible.

(formerly bronte604) "You really just love money and power and capitalism? You know they're never going to love you back." "Things happen for the best...I don't even believe that myself."

LeaGirl Profile Photo
LeaGirl
#44re: Lupone in Gypsy: Chances of a Cast Recording?
Posted: 7/10/07 at 11:42am

I try never to whine about cast recordings, but I don't want them to wait for a transfer somewhere to record it.

I want THIS cast. I want this entire cast. I want Patti and Boyd and Laura and Leigh Ann (who is brilliant) - I want THESE strippers - I want this cast.

Back to my corner to keep acting like a 12 year old....

I really need a recording of this and it is making me cranky that realistically, I probably won't get one.

Now what would you say if today I started over? Without a thing but this taped together four leaf clover And I'll pretend like everything is already alright And I'll run toward the sun till the castle's out of sight

Videos