Adam Pascal as Phantom

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#25re: Adam Pascal as Phantom
Posted: 8/28/07 at 4:18pm

SDave,

I thought the same thing. If a member of KISS could play the Phantom then Pascal can easilly. I can atually see him do it. His unique voice would fit the role perfectly. I don't think that it needs to be a full out classical tenor. That is what it has been but I don't think that is what it needs to be. However, this is just me.

Another role he said in the interview that he wanted was Billy Flynn in Chicago. However, I doubt that will happen due tothe fact that the Wsslers ahve been ca

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

misschung
#26re: Adam Pascal as Phantom
Posted: 8/28/07 at 4:38pm

If they ever revived Chess, he would be an amazing Freddie. Seeing him in Rent just makes me want this man back on Broadway.

The morning star always gets wonderful bright the minute before it has to go --doesn't it?

ThankstoPhantom
#27re: Adam Pascal as Phantom
Posted: 8/28/07 at 5:39pm

Paul Stanley was a stunt casted by Drabinksy, who was the producer of the Toronto production.

Pascal would be very good in the role, I think, and I'd love to see it.

As much as I love this musical in question, I do feel it could use a fresh coat of paint if it is indeed going to continue running.

I suggest:

Bring in a new fresh cast (for the most part, SOME people have not been there long at all, ie Wills, current Christine).

Change some of the wigs to play things up a bit. Christine's wigs in Europe and, especially, Australia are far better than their American counterparts. For example, in the recent Denmark production, Christine was a blonde.

Get rights to use the mask from London to continue shaking things up a little.

Get the rights to use the lighting and new orchestrations to several songs.

It's amazing what these simple things could do for the show. They have an endless supply of old costumes from productions worldwide that differ from America, and any little change would be great, I say.

And Pascal would be a great addition!

How to properly use its/it's: Its is the possessive. It's is the contraction for it is...

Cape Twirl of Doom Profile Photo
Cape Twirl of Doom
#28re: Adam Pascal as Phantom
Posted: 8/28/07 at 5:50pm

Get rights to use the mask from London to continue shaking things up a little.

I like your other suggestions, but ack no! I think the current US mask is so much nicer looking than the London ones.

"It's Phantom meets Hamlet... Phamlet!"

SporkGoddess
#29re: Adam Pascal as Phantom
Posted: 8/28/07 at 5:54pm

Blonde? Yay for Canon!Christine.

Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!

jpbran Profile Photo
jpbran
#30re: Adam Pascal as Phantom
Posted: 8/28/07 at 6:12pm

I'm guessing that the reaction would be similar to Daphne R.V. joining Les Mis: fairly vicious.

moosepower93
#31re: Adam Pascal as Phantom
Posted: 8/28/07 at 7:00pm

as a hardcore phantom phan and an even more hardcore RENTHEAD i would looooooooove to see adam as the phantom. he should come play the phantom in february in san antonio. lol.

tourboi
#32re: Adam Pascal as Phantom
Posted: 8/28/07 at 7:24pm

"I have to say I sang great, but the part wasn't available."

Come again? Ego much? His voice is all wrong for the part, and he'd butcher the score. I think it was more than the part not being available.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#33re: Adam Pascal as Phantom
Posted: 8/28/07 at 7:27pm

I commented on this after the movie came out. Gerard's "to the seat of sweet music's throne" reminded me of Adam and I think if they're willing to cast Gerard in the movie, then they should be willing to cast Adam on stage since he'd be better then Gerard anyway. Well, just about everyone is...

tourboi
#34re: Adam Pascal as Phantom
Posted: 8/28/07 at 7:29pm

To whoever said "if Paul Stanley could do it..." you're missing one point: He couldn't. It was stunt casting at its worst, and most Phantom fans I know that saw it (as I did) would agree. He was a trainwreck and couldn't handle sustaining the high notes in the score. And don't get me started on the lighters waving in the audience during Music Of the Night.....ugh.....

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#35re: Adam Pascal as Phantom
Posted: 8/28/07 at 7:40pm

what does the mask look like in London?

ThankstoPhantom
#36re: Adam Pascal as Phantom
Posted: 8/28/07 at 7:40pm

And don't get me started on the lighters waving in the audience during Music Of the Night.....ugh.....

Oh...my...

Yes, he was cast when they were desperate in Toronto. He was the produciton's final Phantom.

Mackintosh, if he'd produced it there, would never have allowed such a thing.

How to properly use its/it's: Its is the possessive. It's is the contraction for it is...

*brina-doll* Profile Photo
*brina-doll*
#37re: Adam Pascal as Phantom
Posted: 8/28/07 at 7:45pm

I just listened to a version of Stanley's 'Music of the Night' and ummm...the only word that comes to mind is painful. Very, VERY painful. (And this is coming from a hard-core KISS fan mind you!)

Your aspirations are your possibilities-Samuel Johnson (and a little help from nomdeplume)

wickedrentq Profile Photo
wickedrentq
#38re: Adam Pascal as Phantom
Posted: 8/28/07 at 8:03pm

Aww, CATS re: Adam Pascal as Phantom The sad thing is that we had the same thought, just with different opinions on the matter.

Someone mentioned Webber wanting a rock-singer voice for the Phantom...that's exactly what Webber said all along in his casting of Butler in the movie, that Raoul was more of a tenor, so he wanted the rock/edgy sound for the Phantom.

I'd certainly be curious to see how Adam handles the acting range required of the role. He's doing fantastic in that department of Rent, but of course, it's totally different here. The only time he could display having a single bit of fun is when he's killing people. (Butler handled the acting range splendidly in the film, thank you :-P )

"If there was a Mount Rushmore for Broadway scores, "West Side Story" would be front and center. It snaps, it crackles it pops! It surges with a roar, its energy and sheer life undiminished by the years" - NYPost reviewer Elisabeth Vincentelli

ThankstoPhantom
#39re: Adam Pascal as Phantom
Posted: 8/28/07 at 8:15pm

21st Century London Mask:
re: Adam Pascal as Phantom

21st Century Broadway Mask:
re: Adam Pascal as Phantom

I mean...I like both, but the Phantom has an AWESOME look in London...long side burns, a very interesting and, dare I say, more mysterious, mask...it's just so fascinating. It looks almost as if it's sanded down....it comes off as smoother and less overly polished.

Updated On: 8/28/07 at 08:15 PM

Jonny boy Profile Photo
Jonny boy
#40re: Adam Pascal as Phantom
Posted: 10/12/07 at 5:22pm

Adam Pascal in Phantom = MESSSSSSSSS

Justin D Profile Photo
Justin D
#41re: Adam Pascal as Phantom
Posted: 10/12/07 at 6:22pm

NO TO THE LONDON MASKS

they suck

that pic is a rather nice one, but the recent ones used by Earl Carpenter, Ramin and even Mat Camelle when he was standby are awfull. big forehead, over done nose, just too much mask. The US masks are just fine.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27199361@N08/ Phantom at the Royal Empire Theatre

Pascal/Menzel/Bundy Profile Photo
Pascal/Menzel/Bundy
#42re: Adam Pascal as Phantom
Posted: 10/12/07 at 8:53pm

I'd see it!
but then again i'd go see him as elle in LB if it'd get him back to broadway again, so i'm not really considering the part.

"It means nothing to come and sit in a theater night after night and immerse yourself in fantasy, only then to walk out the door and be unchanged in reality. This show will live on in our hearts. But where it truly must survive is in our actions, our compassion and our generousity of spirit towards one another." - Adam Pascal on the closing of RENT

MarkRascati
#43re: Adam Pascal as Phantom
Posted: 10/12/07 at 10:10pm

I can smell the crap already.

JasonM12480
#44re: Adam Pascal as Phantom
Posted: 10/13/07 at 12:41am

He is completely not right for the part. It should be played by someone who has a classically trained baritone or tenor voice, and Adam Pascal does not have this. Sorry to be truthful...but it would never work.

And Phantom doesn't NEED stunt casting. The show has run a long time due to the merit of the music and the STORY. That alone has carried it to where it is today, as will continue to take it as far as it wants to go.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#45re: Adam Pascal as Phantom
Posted: 10/13/07 at 11:30am

It should be played by someone who has a classically trained baritone or tenor voice, and Adam Pascal does not have this.

And Gerard Butler did? re: Adam Pascal as Phantom Not saying I think he worked (I don't). But just sayin'. re: Adam Pascal as Phantom

A work of art is an invitation to love.

WhatYouOwn27 Profile Photo
WhatYouOwn27
#46re: Adam Pascal as Phantom
Posted: 10/13/07 at 12:11pm

THAT IS AWESOME! can you imagine adam pascal as the phantom? he's like COMPLETELY got the wrong voice for it! re: Adam Pascal as Phantom that made me happy to hear.

no seriously though...I would totally go see it. Updated On: 10/13/07 at 12:11 PM

KQuill Profile Photo
KQuill
#47re: Adam Pascal as Phantom
Posted: 10/13/07 at 12:22pm

hah well yeah the role wasn't "available"...for Adam.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#48re: Adam Pascal as Phantom
Posted: 10/13/07 at 12:26pm

I think he means he knew that going in -- as in, people stay in Phantom forever and a day, so if someone was contracted to stay for a long while, they weren't actively looking for anybody right now, but he auditioned anyway for future consideration. But we see what we want to see, and interpret what we will. re: Adam Pascal as Phantom

A work of art is an invitation to love.

Videos