FRANKENSTEIN Reviews

midtowngym Profile Photo
midtowngym
#25re: FRANKENSTEIN Reviews
Posted: 11/2/07 at 3:09pm

This turgid fiasco cost me a date. During the first act, I nuzzled up to the personable single hottie sitting next to me. I feverishly searched for him during intermission, but he'd already fled.

'The Devil be hitting me!'--Whitney Houston
Updated On: 11/2/07 at 03:09 PM

miss pennywise Profile Photo
miss pennywise
#26re: FRANKENSTEIN Reviews
Posted: 11/2/07 at 3:37pm

Auggie, it DOES look like THE KING AND I! The main difference being that, by these accounts, an evening at 37 Arts would not be "enchanting."

"Be on your guard! Jerks on the loose!"

http://www.roches.com/television/ss83kod.html

"If any relationship involves a flow chart, get out of it...FAST!"

~ Best12Bars

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#27re: FRANKENSTEIN Reviews
Posted: 11/2/07 at 3:55pm

Has Frankenstein ever had a decent critically acclaimed stage version? Seems to me to be one of those "cursed" properties.

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#28re: FRANKENSTEIN Reviews
Posted: 11/2/07 at 6:41pm

We knew it would be compared to Wildhorn

I could care less what the critics said. The critics raved about Copenhagen & we both found it boring beyond words . A few walked out & the guy next to us slept during the first act. You pay your money & you have a right to differ in opinion from others.

Doubt there will be a recording but at least have the Demo CD

Poster Emeritus

Little-Lotte Profile Photo
Little-Lotte
#29re: FRANKENSTEIN Reviews
Posted: 11/2/07 at 7:17pm

I completely agree! And having seen both Frankensteins, the Off-Broadway one is a much better overall production in my opinion. I just find it a little pathetic how people who hate the show/have never seen it but form their opinion based soley on critics, are giving it so much attention and time posting all the negative reviews they can get their hands on. Love it or hate it, I could care less, it's your opinion. But if you loathe it, then why give it any mind at all?

As far as I know, they are planning a cast recording because this production was never meant to be a completely open-ended run. They plan to tour it and make a cast recording of the current, finished product. Perhaps to cut down on costs they'll produce a live recording instead of taking them into the studio? I'll have to ask my contacts in the show if they know what's up with the recording the next time I'm there.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#30re: FRANKENSTEIN Reviews
Posted: 11/2/07 at 8:02pm

Thanks for the good review & news on the CD.

Poster Emeritus

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#31re: FRANKENSTEIN Reviews
Posted: 11/2/07 at 11:24pm

Well, the critics saw it and I saw it and it was terrible.
There was no drama and the music is entirely forgetable.
I can't imagine any reason to record it except to throw away more moey.
All the gay remarks like "eye candy in Chelsea" and the "Tom of Finland" remark have got to hurt a "jock" like Blanchard.
I give it a week or two at most.

americanboy99 Profile Photo
americanboy99
#32re: FRANKENSTEIN Reviews
Posted: 11/2/07 at 11:40pm

Poor show. But oh, how I do swoon for Steve Blanchard. These pictures of him are beyond gorgeous. I wish I could see this just for his body.

I know I sound horrible, but I mean, come on!

InfiniteTheaterFrenzy Profile Photo
InfiniteTheaterFrenzy
#33re: FRANKENSTEIN Reviews
Posted: 11/3/07 at 12:36am

Hunter Foster's 11'oclock number is thrilling x 1000.

I thought there were many positive aspects of Frankenstein.

[title of show] on Broadway. it's time. believe.

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#34re: FRANKENSTEIN Reviews
Posted: 11/3/07 at 1:12am

I like Hunter and would rather see him open shirted than Blanchard but his 11 O' Clock song made no sense.
His Creature has killed his Little brother, his new Wife and indirectly his Father, and his song is about a new Dawn and a new Day.
Stupid.

folkyboy Profile Photo
folkyboy
#41re: FRANKENSTEIN Reviews
Posted: 11/3/07 at 5:17pm

which show was worse: Frankenstein or Mimi le Duck?

nutterbutter Profile Photo
nutterbutter
#42re: FRANKENSTEIN Reviews
Posted: 11/3/07 at 5:23pm

FRANKENSTEIN is a wonderful show, IMHO.

I just think it's REALLY interesting that the last several posts, most of which were positive reviews, have been deleted.

Cape Twirl of Doom Profile Photo
Cape Twirl of Doom
#43re: FRANKENSTEIN Reviews
Posted: 11/3/07 at 5:41pm

The board was having technical problems earlier. Several others threads & posts were deleted. See the LITTLE MERMAID marquee thread: Says 15 replies but there are only 4. It's not a conspiracy against FRANKENSTEIN.

"It's Phantom meets Hamlet... Phamlet!"
Updated On: 11/3/07 at 05:41 PM

InfiniteTheaterFrenzy Profile Photo
InfiniteTheaterFrenzy
#44re: FRANKENSTEIN Reviews
Posted: 11/3/07 at 5:44pm

folkyboy, Mimi Le Duck was wayyyyy worse. I actually saw Frankenstein last night with the same friend I saw Mimi Le Duck with, and we both agree that the Duck was worse by far.

[title of show] on Broadway. it's time. believe.

bob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
#45re: FRANKENSTEIN Reviews
Posted: 11/3/07 at 6:11pm

I saw early previews of Frankenstein and, though far from perfect, it was far from awful either. The music sounded wonderful and the performances were first rate. "The Coming of the Dawn" is a stunning song. I really hope they record a cast album as I would love to hear this score again.

As for the critics - well, the critics in London hated Les Mis when it first opened, so I don't pay much notice to their columns. I hope at least people go see this show and make their own minds up.

THEATRE 2020: CURTAINS**** LET'S HEAR IT FOR THE GIRLS***** WICKED***** KEITH RAMSAY TAKING NOTES WITH EDWARD SECKERSON***** KAYLEIGH MCKNIGHT CONCERT***** RAGS***** ON MCQUILLAN'S HILL** DEAR EVAN HANSEN***** THE JURY***

nutterbutter Profile Photo
nutterbutter
#46re: FRANKENSTEIN Reviews
Posted: 11/3/07 at 8:44pm

A wonderful review from Gannett News Service.
Gannett News review

Luscious Profile Photo
Luscious
#47re: FRANKENSTEIN Reviews
Posted: 11/4/07 at 5:55am

I hear the Staten Island PennySaver gave it a rave, as well.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#48re: FRANKENSTEIN Reviews
Posted: 11/4/07 at 11:31am

Now now.

Poster Emeritus

MargoChanning
#49re: FRANKENSTEIN Reviews
Posted: 11/4/07 at 11:58am

Well, Jacques Le Sourd also loved BKLYN, for what it's worth.

"What a story........ everything but the bloodhounds snappin' at her rear end." -- Birdie [http://margochanning.broadwayworld.com/] "The Devil Be Hittin' Me" -- Whitney

Michelleruth2 Profile Photo
Michelleruth2
#50re: FRANKENSTEIN Reviews
Posted: 11/11/07 at 11:30am

I've wanted to go see it, as I think Steve Blanchard is great....however have been ill all of October...and now have found out it has gone into pneumonia.....

Videos